test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-1 Lille

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

315 posts in this topic

I assumed we'd still be top of the group even in this scenario. We beat Ajax 1-0 away, but they drew 4-4 with us at The Bridge, and were ahead of us afterwards, even though we had same points after that game. But now, we lost at home to Valencia but drew 2-2 there. If it's down to head-to-heads, surely we'd have been ahead of Ajax, but if it's away goals (like what happened when we went out in 12/13 group stage), surely we'd be ahead of them? 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

this Lille side on the pitch is one of the worst teams we have faced all year

dreadful

They scored 21 goals in 17 games this season in Ligue 1 and their main attacking players are not playing. This should be easy and we should not concede.

Vesper likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

THE SHIT CAPTAIN SCORED, PEOPLE! THE SHIT CAPTAIN! 

he is only truly shit as a LB which is not his position so he cannot really be blamed for that, that is all on Lamps

and he is capable of truly monster defensive games still, just not so often as the bloke has been run into ground with over 40,000 minutes, all comps in the last 10 years or so

killer1257 and Atomiswave like this

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

Probably missed the permutations by why are Valencia still above us in the table? 

They have a better head to head. Barkley's fuck up. 

Vesper likes this

This was after 4-4 v Ajax (when we had a better head-to-head) and now - It doesn't make sense to me, but I might be missing something:

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 20.45.52.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 20.46.57.png

Please stop that 'Barkley fucked up' nonsense. So he missed a pen in a CL game. A pen that he wanted to take. Guess what, he is not the first, nor the last one.

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, nathangeorge99 said:

This was after 4-4 v Ajax (when we had a better head-to-head) and now - It doesn't make sense to me, but I might be missing something:

There was a mini table of the 3 teams with the same points.

1 minute ago, nathangeorge99 said:

Three teams were tied after Ajax 4-4. In that case, Lille is excluded and Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia are considered as a mini-league and the GD in their games is checked. Someone correct me if I am wrong

nathangeorge99 likes this

5 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Probably missed the permutations by why are Valencia still above us in the table? 

we lost and drew v them

Just now, Strike said:

Three teams were tied after Ajax 4-4. In that case, Lille is excluded and Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia are considered as a mini-league and the GD in their games is checked. Someone correct me if I am wrong

Ah ok. That might be the way they do it. It seems a bit inconsistent if they are the rules though

That might have been our easiest half of football this season. If the 2nd half is more of the same, one of Ajax or Valencia will be extremely pissed off at Lille for playing such a weak team.

Vesper likes this

Just now, Pizy said:

That might have been our easiest half of football this season. If the 2nd half is more of the same, one of Ajax or Valencia will be extremely pissed off at Lille for playing such a weak team.

Clubs have to look after their own interests first and foremost. 

In the same position I would 100% want us playing a scratch side.

Vesper likes this