test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-1 Lille

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   9 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Rudiger
      2
    • Zouma
      0
    • Emerson
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      2
    • Kovacic
      0
    • Willian
      1
    • Pulisic
      3
    • Abraham
      1
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
      0
    • Batshuayi (sub)
      0
    • Mount (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

315 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Valencia are cheating little bastards but Ajax deserved to go out from Tadic's play acting. I can't stand players that do that, it's pathetic and embarrassing.

Valencia and Everton are two of the worst teams I have sen for years at fucking diving about.

 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I would say Leipzig is probably the worst draw we could have. Another young, energetic team with a bright young coach but they are well ahead of us on both sides with regards to their experience and development. However I think there would be expectations on us to beat them as not a very big name in European football at present.

In my opinion we would be much more suited to play as underdogs with little expectation. If we hit some form again at the right time, with the way we attack and press with pace and energy, I don't think any of those top teams will want to draw us.

So I guess you do not mind Barca or Juve or PSG next? I personally will take my chances with RB. Which we will not get with our luck atm. I feel Barca or Sarri is inbound. :(

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So I guess you do not mind Barca or Juve or PSG next? I personally will take my chances with RB. Which we will not get with our luck atm. I feel Barca or Sarri is inbound. :(

Out of the top teams I think PSG are the team I wouldn't want. They are the strongest all round in my opinion. 

Barca and Bayern will be tough but neither are the teams they were a few years ago and shouldn't be feared. 

I haven't really seen anything of juventus this season but if Sarri has them playing slow and methodical like we were then I think our pace and high energy pressing has the potential to cause them problems. 

Strike, Bosnian Blue and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work is mental for me this time of year so couldn't see the game which I was extremely pissed off about but nothing I could do. So I have to follow the match by my phone fuck those alert apps to much jeopardy involved 50-50 chance the opposition have scored. So I checked the score on the BBC website every ten minutes or so but here's the rub, because of VAR you have to control your emotions for a few minutes because there's no guarantee the goal hasn't been disallowed and the next time you check the score is 0-0. It's going to happen to someone and I hope it's not Chelsea fans it happens to (sods law it will be) you score a 89th minute goal you celebrate like a lunatic unknown to you the goal is disallowed the opposition score an injury time goal so the next time you check your phone you've lost 1-0 :middlefinger:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Work is mental for me this time of year so couldn't see the game which I was extremely pissed off about but nothing I could do. So I have to follow the match by my phone fuck those alert apps to much jeopardy involved 50-50 chance the opposition have scored. So I checked the score on the BBC website every ten minutes or so but here's the rub, because of VAR you have to control your emotions for a few minutes because there's no guarantee the goal hasn't been disallowed and the next time you check the score is 0-0. It's going to happen to someone and I hope it's not Chelsea fans it happens to (sods law it will be) you score a 89th minute goal you celebrate like a lunatic unknown to you the goal is disallowed the opposition score an injury time goal so the next time you check your phone you've lost 1-0 :middlefinger:

I'm of the opinion that if there's even a 0.1% chance the goal will be ruled out flag it as soon as the goal technically goes in (ala Pulisic Vs Valencia).

Letting teams celebrate only to go back is cruel.

Johnnyeye and Muzchap like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm of the opinion that if there's even a 0.1% chance the goal will be ruled out flag it as soon as the goal technically goes in (ala Pulisic Vs Valencia).

Letting teams celebrate only to go back is cruel.

The BBC website is extremely slow and it takes a couple of minutes before 1-0 overruled by var gets changed back to 0-0.

Johnnyeye and Muzchap like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

The BBC website is extremely slow and it takes a couple of minutes before 1-0 overruled by var gets changed back to 0-0.

That might not be BBC mate, it just takes that long for VAR to make the decision!

Johnnyeye, Muzchap, Strike and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do wonder whether our attackers are having the mental pressure when it comes to converting chances. We are creating chances and obviously not converting enough but while it's right to point it out, I wonder whether Lampard's constant talk about it in his presser and the fact that we keep on conceding goals are putting more pressure than necessary on our attacking players to score when chances come their way. At the moment, it feels like we pretty much have to outscore opponents just to win games. We can't seem to win games 1-0 or even just 2-0 right now. All the games of late have been tight and unnecessary edgy when they don't need to be. 

Johnnyeye and Vybz Kartel like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do wonder whether our attackers are having the mental pressure when it comes to converting chances. We are creating chances and obviously not converting enough but while it's right to point it out, I wonder whether Lampard's constant talk about it in his presser and the fact that we keep on conceding goals are putting more pressure than necessary on our attacking players to score when chances come their way. At the moment, it feels like we pretty much have to outscore opponents just to win games. We can't seem to win games 1-0 or even just 2-0 right now. All the games of late have been tight and unnecessary edgy when they don't need to be. 

I think that clinical edge will come in time. In Conte's first season we weren't creating anywhere near the same amount of chances but Costa, Hazard and Pedro were all very clinical in that season (Pedro and Hazard particularly scored a lot of spectacular goals) and everyone else chipped in around them. However you then saw a drop off in the second season when Costa left, etc because it's very difficult to keep that up.

Last season was similar, at the start of the season Hazard was on fire and we were taking a lot of chances but as the season wore on we weren't as clinical and started to struggle far more.

I would rather be the way we are now where the chances are being created but we're a little too wasteful at the moment because as long as chances keep being created they should eventually be taken. There will be games through the season and beyond where teams will take a complete tanking from us playing in this way. There have already been signs such as the Wolves and Burnley games how we can blow teams away. 

Muzchap and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Matthew McConaughey :blink:? is he a Chelsea fan?

Most American fans are Chelsea fans right now.

I see CP is finally getting some love here, for now.  Good to see. His upside was always YUGE.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DanP2311 said:

Most American fans are Chelsea fans right now.

I see CP is finally getting some love here, for now.  Good to see. His upside was always YUGE.

Many came with Pulisic, but I still have plenty of ManU friends and Arsenal fans stay rather loyal. ManU was marketed pretty hard in the states. They must make a killing in merchandise sales. It is like how the Dallas Cowboys are so big in Mexico, they sell a lot of merchandise in Mexico. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think that clinical edge will come in time. In Conte's first season we weren't creating anywhere near the same amount of chances but Costa, Hazard and Pedro were all very clinical in that season (Pedro and Hazard particularly scored a lot of spectacular goals) and everyone else chipped in around them. However you then saw a drop off in the second season when Costa left, etc because it's very difficult to keep that up.

Last season was similar, at the start of the season Hazard was on fire and we were taking a lot of chances but as the season wore on we weren't as clinical and started to struggle far more.

I would rather be the way we are now where the chances are being created but we're a little too wasteful at the moment because as long as chances keep being created they should eventually be taken. There will be games through the season and beyond where teams will take a complete tanking from us playing in this way. There have already been signs such as the Wolves and Burnley games how we can blow teams away. 

I hope you're right. 😕

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think that clinical edge will come in time. In Conte's first season we weren't creating anywhere near the same amount of chances but Costa, Hazard and Pedro were all very clinical in that season (Pedro and Hazard particularly scored a lot of spectacular goals) and everyone else chipped in around them. However you then saw a drop off in the second season when Costa left, etc because it's very difficult to keep that up.

Last season was similar, at the start of the season Hazard was on fire and we were taking a lot of chances but as the season wore on we weren't as clinical and started to struggle far more.

I would rather be the way we are now where the chances are being created but we're a little too wasteful at the moment because as long as chances keep being created they should eventually be taken. There will be games through the season and beyond where teams will take a complete tanking from us playing in this way. There have already been signs such as the Wolves and Burnley games how we can blow teams away. 

So how do you get more clinical? 

Tammy goalscoring record is very good, Pulisic can be more clinical but how much more it depend on him. Willian certainly can be replaced with more clinical player but will his replacement provide defensive cover, pressing and ball retention that willian provide if not we will concede even more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 4:27 PM, communicate said:

So how do you get more clinical? 

Tammy goalscoring record is very good, Pulisic can be more clinical but how much more it depend on him. Willian certainly can be replaced with more clinical player but will his replacement provide defensive cover, pressing and ball retention that willian provide if not we will concede even more. 

Abraham's goalscoring record is good but let's not forget that he has also missed some guilt-edge chances, notably in the bigger games. 

Obviously we want our attacking players to be more clinical but it's also a risk that we take by playing young players in these key areas. It also doesn't really help that the midfield of Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic don't contribute goals consistently. Mount can do that but is inconsistent at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.