test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-1 Lille

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

315 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

We will face someone from this list in UCL R16:

PSG
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Barcelona
RB Leipzig

Can't face domestic rivals in 1st KO round, so Liverpool & Man City out of the equation.

R16 draw will take place next Monday, Dec 16.

It's all ifs and buts but had Barkley not fucked up that penalty against Valencia, we could be waiting to face one of these teams instead...

Real Madrid
Shakhtar/Dinamo Zagreb/Atalanta
Atletico/Leverkusen
Napoli
Dortmund
Lyon

Atomiswave likes this

Bayern's attacking players can be a little scary, especially Lewandowski (obviously) but their defence can certainly be gotten at. Susceptible to pace. 
Lewa is usually Not a big game Player though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Just now, Pizy said:

He was standing about 3 yards off of the Lille player inside our box! And then stumbled backwards just before the cross went in. You've got to get touch tight and at least make it difficult for the crosser. Azpi essentially invited him to put the ball in.

Okay but what about the space that Remy was left in? 

Just now, killer1257 said:

Lewa is usually Not a big game Player though.

Have you not been watching our defence? 

Thesara likes this

And had Ajax not had 2 players sent off who knows how that game wouldve gone. Don't think we'd drawn it level. More likely a loss.

Ifs and buts..let's hope we can make this count. It's been ages since got any further then last 16

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We don't know what would have happened if he scored. Had we got that point we may have been more conservative in Amsterdam for example. 

I think our penalty save in The Mestailla alongside Promes disallowed goal equalled up Barkley's miss in the what could have been stakes.

Ajax are a shadow without De Jong

he was their metronome

Have you not been watching our defence? 
Emerson was pretty solid today. I expect Rüdiger to get better and god knows what Azpi and Zouma will do against Lewa hahaha

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

We will face someone from this list in UCL R16:

PSG
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Barcelona
RB Leipzig

Can't face domestic rivals in 1st KO round, so Liverpool & Man City out of the equation.

R16 draw will take place next Monday, Dec 16.

We would probably be underdog's Vs all of them bar Leipzig but delving into things a bit more it isn't as daunting a list as It looks.

PSG on paper are but we know what they're like in CL.

Bayern make me feel a bit nervous given what they did to Spurs but if we bring our A game we have a good chance.

Juve are struggling to adapt to Sarri ball even more than we were.

Barca are defensively bobbins, they'll be a huge danger because of Messi but going forward we can get at them.

Leipzig I don't know much about but no doubt will be a very tough match.

Strike likes this

Just now, killer1257 said:

Emerson was pretty solid today. I expect Rüdiger to get better and god knows what Azpi and Zouma will do against Lewa hahaha

The back 4 played solidly today, if we're being honest. Gave nothing away until that silly goal happened. Midfield hardly covered themselves in glory with all that space given to Remy. 

killer1257 likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay but what about the space that Remy was left in? 

Midfield asleep while defending as usual.

As for the draw, I'd like either Bayern or Juve. Both on off days are capable of looking awful so we could certainly cause an upset. And if we lose, no shame.

The absolute last teams I want to face are PSG and Barca who would both destroy our defense quite easily.

I just hope we get any striker that isn't Bats this January

Our players need to get back to top form. CHO hasn't been looking sharp since his return from injury. Mount too!

Our team needs more training and the youngsters need to get sharper.

KTBFFH! #INLAMPARDITRUST

Relief. Lamps and the team got complacent for sure. Thought he took off Pulisic way too early tbh. He was our best offensive outlet and was terrorizing them. We took him off just past the 60th minute. Should have waited for a third. We got sloppy towards the ends but Rudiger and Zouma looked quite solid until the final stages of the game. Look, whoever we play in the knockouts we will be up against. There are too many world class teams in the team finishing top of their groups. But that is what the CL is about. I did not want us dropping down to the Europa League. Challenge ourselves against the best. Wow, this team gives me scares sometimes. Made that a lot harder than it should have been, especially against a weakened team. Thanks God, they did not turn to Oshimen and Ikone. Bring on the next round!

Strike, Atomiswave and Vybz Kartel like this