test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Everton 3-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Azpilicueta
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

531 posts in this topic
56 minutes ago, Alabama said:

absolutely yes... but they failed to understand it's a transition season especially with so many young players outta there... 

I can live with Tomori little erratic defensive mistakes here and there but the likes of Zouma Christensen and poor performance from Azpi is unforgivable...

Obviously I understand. Its the "fans" on here. That don't. I have already seen "positives" enough to see that lamps has a direction to take us forward. 

Yes, there are a lot of issues and teething issues, but obviously there will be. But this season is about getting to know who we can trust and keep for next season. Who is willing to adapt and improve on them and the team as a whole. 

Muzchap and killer1257 like this

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

football is a business

it isn't like Milan have just become shit

and if someone comes waving £35m for Azpi

sell him, bite their hand off

I do not give a toss if he is our captain

he is a POOR captain anyway

Romagnoli is one of the few reliable players they have. Him saying I am leaving is almost equal to go get relegated I don't care. Why would he rush, he can leave at the end of the season.

Sorry I don't see this happening.

This playing a RB at LB thing is beyond a joke. In 2 ways, offensively we definitely do suffer and also it makes us look as if we are concerned about the oppositions right winger that much.

Jose got constant criticism for it although we lacked at LB and I must admit, Frank deserves the same criticisms (even more so maybe) because he has got 2 LBs avaliable to pick from as well. Yes they arent perfect but fuck me, surely Emerson or even Alonso has to play ahead of a RB at LB or are they really that bad (know Alonso isnt everyones cup of tea and would fit that category)? I mean having 2 RBs and 2 LBs but continously lining up with 2 RBs is absolutely baffling. If it was working maybe then it would make sense but it isnt. Or is Reece James and Azpilicueta that good that he needs to play both every week? Not convinced entirely. If he wants to play both he has to go for a 343. Simple as that.

killer1257 and Fernando like this

This playing a RB at LB thing is beyond a joke. In 2 ways, offensively we definitely do suffer and also it makes us look as if we are concerned about the oppositions right winger that much.
Jose got constant criticism for it although we lacked at LB and I must admit, Frank deserves the same criticisms (even more so maybe) because he has got 2 LBs avaliable to pick from as well. Yes they arent perfect but fuck me, surely Emerson or even Alonso has to play ahead of a RB at LB or are they really that bad (know Alonso isnt everyones cup of tea and would fit that category)? I mean having 2 RBs and 2 LBs but continously lining up with 2 RBs is absolutely baffling. If it was working maybe then it would make sense but it isnt. Or is Reece James and Azpilicueta that good that he needs to play both every week? Not convinced entirely. If he wants to play both he has to go for a 343. Simple as that.
The Problem is Azpi being our Captain. If he was not our Captain, he would have been benched for good

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Bosnian Blue likes this

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The Problem is Azpi being our Captain. If he was not our Captain, he would have been benched for good

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

And let me guess, Reece James error v West Ham and performances in the last few games mean nothing in the grand scale of things? We all knew he was a very good young player, who can make the grade for sure but I seen people saying he was better than Wan Bissaka on here before he had even kicked a ball in the PL.... if Azpi is struggling play James and if James is struggling play Azpi... even if their both struggling just play one of them and not both....

Regardless, Frank needs to play 1 RB and 1 LB. The fact he sees fit to play 2 RBs in the same backline for me means that both Emerson and Alonso are either definitely not good enough or theres something else entirely going on. 

Being a transitional season, I guess mistakes are allowed, at least it is how I see it. If this is the best season to introduce the young players then it's also, let's say, the season where, in theory, Frank and the guys get a free pass for their mistakes. 

And the truth is Frank must learn from matches like this and the one v West Ham. Two awful sides, I mean we've lost six points to two absolutely dreadful sides. I mean they showed a stat live on TV in the 42nd or 43rd minute today, Everton had like 90 passes to Chelsea's 350 or even more. 90 fucking touches at home and we lose to fucking Iwobi, Walcott, Schneiderlin and a Keane - Holgate pairing at the back. 

This and the West Ham matches should be of reference for Lamps, we simply must beat these shite sides, or at least sides that are in this kind of dreadful form. West Ham's last win was in August, Everton were on a three game losing streak, both were playing dross football and won against Chelsea. It's just not good enough. 

Muzchap likes this

Chelsea lost.

liVARpool  win Premier League today -  19/20

This is one of  the worst football day ever. Ever. 

6 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

romagnoli is their captain and I don't think they will sell him on january at all. the same for skriniar  maybe milenkovic from fiorentina or nkolou from torino may be available 

Nicolas N'Koulou is 30yo in 3 months btw, so absolutely off the board. 

Antonio8 likes this

Gosh blaming Azpi for his offensive performance when he is playing as left back is ridiculous. 

Zouma is perfectly fine. He has problem with with his positioning and defending channel all season long especially when he is asked to play  as Lcb. Walcott chances was the same story as Norwich goal. So why is he playing as LCB is beyond me. 

1905didierblue likes this

Didnt see this match, but even before seeing the result, the writing was on the wall after Everton flopped against Liverpool so badly.

Knew these fuckers would sack their manager and look to rebound against us. Wouldn't be surprised if they went to flop in their next game.

Anyway, this result is in the past. For now, we still have our points gap against the 5th placed team. Let's look to protect that 

Muzchap likes this

Yes I am now really worried he won't be able to fix the defense even with new better players. When all defenders are making silly mistakes and under-performing I look at the manager.
He hasn't coached the team well. We have no thought of defensive shape if we lose the ball. Then it's just a free for all to run backwards

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Also, I question what on earth coaching is being done in training. We've conceded some really stupid, simple goals of late - e.g crosses from either side and someone just ghosts in to score. It's gotten to the point where we hope the crosses are inaccurate or someone just misses the chance. 

Now is the team to focus on this. Can Lampard coach a defence? Can Jody? Can Joe?

We really went overboard with the inwards promoting. I think we need to hire an assistant that is a defensive coach.

Lamps seems to have made a pact with Jody so it will be difficult to drop him. Looks like the other one should be dropped. It's not unheard of, Alex F had the ex real Madrid coach as his assistant and he coached the attack.

Bottom line, as a team our coaching stuff seem to have big fucking problems with the defensive side. Until that is rectified don't expect big improvements regardless of players.

Honestly, Rudiger coming in doesn't make this make away. We are always at risk of being counter attacked when our CBS!!!!! have the ball. Any miss placed pass by them, the fullbacks or cms and the opposition are running straight at our box because the rest of the team have trundled up to the opposition box waiting to score.

That's on the coach, not the players. Our defence and cms were much better last season.

The overreaction on here is comical.
Ok so I didn't see the game- but we all knew what was coming. The Everton performance of the season.
We just have to face facts - we cannot win every game with this team. 
Mistakes will happen and as long as we and the manager learns from it - all good.
Some of you are so fucking fickle it's embarrassing.
It doesn't matter where we finish this season, we are building for the future - it will take 2 or 3 seasons, like it did for Klopp or at least 2 seasons for Pep and you expect Lampard to magically shorten this time? Seriously, have a word with yourself. 
The future is bright, the future is blue.
You definitely didn't see the game lol.

Muzchap likes this

Christensen and Zouma are not good enough. Weeks after weeks. Second goad was comical.

We need to buy at least one TOP world-class and experienced defender in the January transfer window - if that's possible.

Bosnian Blue likes this

6 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Now is the team to focus on this. Can Lampard coach a defence? Can Jody? Can Joe?

We really went overboard with the inwards promoting. I think we need to hire an assistant that is a defensive coach.

I don't know about the coaches but it feels like some are using the 'young squad', 'inexperienced squad' etc factors as excuse for the shambles because it's a joke how we keep on making the same kind of errors almost every game!

8 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Lamps seems to have made a pact with Jody so it will be difficult to drop him. Looks like the other one should be dropped. It's not unheard of, Alex F had the ex real Madrid coach as his assistant and he coached the attack.

Carlos Queiroz coached the defence, not attack. 

Laylabelle likes this

20 hours ago, chippy said:

Tammy is the only one of our young players who's looking good enough.

LOL. Comments like this are embarrassing. Did people expect our youngsters to perform consistently? Some of our fans are ridiculous. Mount is a top  prospect. James is too. A couple shifty defensive performances is not going to change that. He will be brilliant. Mount is starting regularly for a team who have been in top 4 and is 20 years of age. Compare that to being above teams such as Arsenal and Spurs who have more experienced players.

bigbluewillie, Muzchap and manpe like this

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know about the coaches but it feels like some are using the 'young squad', 'inexperienced squad' etc factors as excuse for the shambles because it's a joke how we keep on making the same kind of errors almost every game!

Carlos Queiroz coached the defence, not attack. 

That's it. Usually if you see a huge problem with the way we defend you work out how to fix it. Instead it's the same stupid errors again and again and again.  Not all our players are inexperienced and some of it is just basic 

I just saw the stat that we haven't kept an away clean sheet in the league in the whole of 2019 and we have Spurs and Arsenal to close out the year!

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

That's it. Usually if you see a huge problem with the way we defend you work out how to fix it. Instead it's the same stupid errors again and again and again.  Not all our players are inexperienced and some of it is just basic 

You would hope that there is improvement to this ASAP. Brendan Rodgers used to be crap with defences at Liverpool but is now suddenly managing the side with the best defence in the league!

Laylabelle likes this