• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

So are you saying he should bench him for refusing to be subbed in a game over a year ago?

Because if not then of course it only matters if he was benched for on field performance.

He was dropped to make a point about who's in charge and after he paid the penalty of a game he came straight back in as he is better than the backup.

If we are looking for scapegoats blame the guys who decided to spend 80 mil on kepa.

But anyway. We've lost. Onto the next one, let's hope we cut out the individual errors going forwards

No idea why your original comment/question keeps changing.

Kepa can & should be dropped for making the same stupid mistakes for Willy, who is an adequate option in the short term.

I'm not looking for any scapegoats. Just saying how it is.

Jorginho simply has to play. He will get rested when he is suspended because he gets booked in every other game. But we have absolutely no midfield control. Just remember Ajax away, we dominated brutally. If it means Kante getting dropped, so be it. But Jojo seems vital to our midfield.

Did you not see the Joringho-Kovacic pairing against West Ham?

Without Kante, we might as well invite any team of note on the counter.

7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

He looked fine last season at least.

Kepa seems to have zero connection with Zouma and Tomori, he constantly anticipates those players to move to different positions than where they are actually going. Watching the 3rd goal, it does look like Kepa is assuming Zouma continues moving forward as you would expect from a player whose team is chasing the game. But because Zouma is standing completely still the pass looks like it's overhit and Everton players manages to intercept it. He hardly had any communication issues like this with Luiz and Rudiger and we overall were far better in these positions last season.

I'm not worried about Kepa's passing in the long-run, it's the weak wrists that need the most work.

Agree with this, I legit would have kept Luiz over Zouma. 

3 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Jorginho simply has to play. He will get rested when he is suspended because he gets booked in every other game. But we have absolutely no midfield control. Just remember Ajax away, we dominated brutally. If it means Kante getting dropped, so be it. But Jojo seems vital to our midfield. Despite Kovacic being in the form of his life. He cannot do it all by himself. Mount is another case of having to be dropped. Get Pulisic in the middle so he can be the attacking playmaker.

I disagree. We completely controlled last two games without him in midfield. Today Everton didn't even try to play through us. All they did was hoof it long. Hell they even played long balls from the free kick in their own half. 

Kova and Kante both played very well but when you have clowns like Zouma and Christensen at the back there is nothing you can do as a midfield player.

1 minute ago, 11Drogba said:

That would mean he has a terrible character really.

I am the captain and I am leaving in the middle of the season because the team is in trouble. What sort captain does something like that.

football is a business

it isn't like Milan have just become shit

and if someone comes waving £35m for Azpi

sell him, bite their hand off

I do not give a toss if he is our captain

he is a POOR captain anyway

5 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Jorginho simply has to play. He will get rested when he is suspended because he gets booked in every other game. But we have absolutely no midfield control. Just remember Ajax away, we dominated brutally. If it means Kante getting dropped, so be it. But Jojo seems vital to our midfield. Despite Kovacic being in the form of his life. He cannot do it all by himself. Mount is another case of having to be dropped. Get Pulisic in the middle so he can be the attacking playmaker.

I completely agree. Pulisic is better playmaker than Mount. He can do more from the middle. Also Jorginho needs to be back in our starting eleven. 

The overreaction on here is comical.

Ok so I didn't see the game- but we all knew what was coming. The Everton performance of the season.

We just have to face facts - we cannot win every game with this team. 

Mistakes will happen and as long as we and the manager learns from it - all good.

Some of you are so fucking fickle it's embarrassing.

It doesn't matter where we finish this season, we are building for the future - it will take 2 or 3 seasons, like it did for Klopp or at least 2 seasons for Pep and you expect Lampard to magically shorten this time? Seriously, have a word with yourself. 

The future is bright, the future is blue.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Like splitting hairs with Zouma and Luiz, both absolute shite.

If Mourinho was our manager, I'd take Zouma over Luiz. Under Lamps however I'd take Luiz

But yes, we're only 24 days away from shopping spree and we better get a defender for goodness sake

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Like splitting hairs with Zouma and Luiz, both absolute shite.

Luiz was more consistent for us though, yes he would have shit mistakes but he never made the clown errors Zouma makes add in Luiz had a deep ball threat that helped unlock high presses. Zouma shits the bed when pressured 

Need to bring tomori back in and get rudiger back. Also Emerson at left back over azpi.

Shitty timing playing a team who just sacked a manager.

Shit happens. We go again.
These are obvious Things but Lamps does Not want to bench Azpi

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I'd agree but all this constant chopping and changing with the back 4 has not helped of late. The defenders might be error prone but how do we expect any continuity/understanding in the team when Lampard is changing the back 4 almost every game? Also, I question what on earth coaching is being done in training. We've conceded some really stupid, simple goals of late - e.g crosses from either side and someone just ghosts in to score. It's gotten to the point where we hope the crosses are inaccurate or someone just misses the chance. 

I personally think where Lampard has got it wrong is whilst Rudiger is out, he's kept Zouma as the mainstay. I would keep Tomori and see which of Zouma and Christensen partner him better. Tomori is the only one of the three who seems comfortable playing on the left hand side which I think in theory should improve their positioning when both centre backs are playing their preferred side. Even when Rudiger comes back, he has been used to playing right side too. We could really do with another centre back who's happy to play on the left hand side to replace Christensen.

Out of curiosity, which side does Ake usually play?

But to your point the changing isn't helping but I think Lampard is desperately trying to find the right balance and mixture. I think he's well aware of how bad this defence is and the one thing I would say which makes me more confident that he'll get it sorted over time is there does seem to be a ruthless nature about Lampard. He cut Luiz before the start of the season which is looking a great decision now seeing him at Arsenal and he's pretty much made his decision about Alonso too. I think if he's given the chance to bring a left back and centre back in either January or the summer we'll see it being much improved.

We do seriously need to start considering if Kepa is the long term solution too.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Defensively, Luiz might even be worse than Zouma in our un-organized defence!

No way Luiz had his faults but he was never a clown like Zouma. Zouma has poorntechnic, and poor positioning Luiz's flaws were not too detrimental to the team the way Zouma's flaws clearly are 

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

No way Luiz had his faults but he was never a clown like Zouma. Zouma has poorntechnic, and poor positioning Luiz's flaws were not too detrimental to the team the way Zouma's flaws clearly are 

Have you forgotten Luiz's defensive errors in his time here? Have you not seen Luiz at Arsenal?