test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Everton 3-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Azpilicueta
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

531 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Emerson had a pretty good game against City til Emerson and Kova could not Deal with Mahrez. Azpi is playing bad most of the Matches regardless if he plays against a good or a bad team.
Emerson was our best Defender before his hamstring injury and only because he played bad against Mahrez does not justify Azpi playing who offers nothing going forward or defending.

Emerson is our best LB by far. Look at his stats pre injury.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Azpi has had good defensive performances this season - e.g. people worried Sterling would roast him when we play Man City but he kept him quiet - but no one bothered to say anything because it doesn't fit the narrative. People only speak about him when he has poor performances. 

Since people are happily jumping onto poor performances - including the younger players - right now, it is surprise that people have largely kept quiet about James' defensive mistakes in past 2 games, one of which cost us against West Ham. Why? Is it because it doesn't fit the narrative? 

Just now, killer1257 said:

Funny Thing is that he is right about Everything, but still plays some of the guys every match. Hope Rüdiger is back and at least One of the guys gets benched

Who would you pick. Given the players at our disposal. Who would you pick up

Because as of this moment - zouma, ac, azpi, mount, Cho, willian are not good enough for Chelsea according to fans, and yet people expect us to win every game, so I would like to hear what is the team that fans would have wanted.

killer1257 likes this

I'm sorry to say that in a game like this, with all the physical tackling and marking we shouldn't play Mason Mount. Too light, too easily pushed off the ball, and not brave enough in the tackle. Pretty footballer, but he's coming up short in this type of game.

Johnnyeye likes this

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Azpi has had good defensive performances this season - e.g. people worried Sterling would roast him when we play Man City but he kept him quiet - but no one bothered to say anything because it doesn't fit the narrative. People only speak about him when he has poor performances. 

Since people are happily jumping onto poor performances - including the younger players - right now, it is surprise that people have largely kept quiet about James' defensive mistakes in past 2 games, one of which cost us against West Ham. Why? Is it because it doesn't fit the narrative? 

Tammy is the only one of our young players who's looking good enough.

Who would you pick. Given the players at our disposal. Who would you pick up
Because as of this moment - zouma, ac, azpi, mount, Cho, willian are not good enough for Chelsea according to fans, and yet people expect us to win every game, so I would like to hear what is the team that fans would have wanted.

Right Now, I would line up like that.

James-Rüdiger-Tomori-Emerson
Kante Jorgi Kova
Willian Tammy Puli

Rüdiger obviously only if he is fit. I would have to put Zouma in if he still is not ready to play on tuesday.

Why would I put Tomori back? From all CBs we played this Season, Tomori looked the best. He had his weird passes once in a while but at least he was pretty good overall apart from the City game, which can happen. Christensen looks Shockingm He only won 50% of his tacklings. Tomori was never this bad and Tomori is fast and physical enough for PL.

Emerson for me is our best LB, no doubt.
Look at his Performances pre injury. Obviously he played bad against City but Mahrez is a top winger and he and Kova did struggle. Overall After that, Emerson played solid in the Next few Games after that until Lamps decided to play Azpi at LB.

That is the best line up we currently have

Alabama likes this

Look at my Post in the James thread. I criticised him for that mistake, but at least against West Ham, he was very good at going forward.

Against Villa, I would say that Azpi gave the attacker too much space to Cross and James had to come back from his side to Cover Azpis mistake and Kante for instance was just watching and doing nothing. Not ideal for James, so James was not the main guy at fault there. He also gave Tammy an Assist.

Azpi does not offer anything. He reminds me of Ivanovic, who was unbenchable under Mourinho.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Right Now, I would line up like that.

James-Rüdiger-Tomori-Emerson
Kante Jorgi Kova
Willian Tammy Puli

Rüdiger obviously only if he is fit. I would have to put Zouma in if he still is not ready to play on tuesday.

Why would I put Tomori back? From all CBs we played this Season, Tomori looked the best. He had his weird passes once in a while but at least he was pretty good overall apart from the City game, which can happen. Christensen looks Shockingm He only won 50% of his tacklings. Tomori was never this bad and Tomori is fast and physical enough for PL.

Emerson for me is our best LB, no doubt.
Look at his Performances pre injury. Obviously he played bad against City but Mahrez is a top winger and he and Kova did struggle. Overall After that, Emerson played solid in the Next few Games after that until Lamps decided to play Azpi at LB.

That is the best line up we currently have

As you said Rudi is not here. So zouma/ac. Tomori was shit against city and also, made a string of mistakes. Luckily none of them cost us. 

Emerson was good, but was owned. 

Kante, jorginho and kova played together against city and were pretty abject in attack where we seemed to miss a link between mid and attack. Against Valencia those 3 played together and we were pathetic. And so lucky to get away with just conceding 2.

So let's not try and rewrite history here. After the city and Valencia most here saw the missing link between attack and mid and we needed a no. 10. After city most wanted Emerson dropped. Plus with jorginho out too, we have to have a leader on the pitch.

Cho is coming back off a massive Injury and will be back to his best In some time so we casically are paper thin in terms of squad.

What we have acheived so far is commendable. 

If just kepa was having a good season, that itself would have made such a difference. But all of these are teething issues. Things which will get better with new players/time. 

1 minute ago, 1905didierblue said:

As you said Rudi is not here. So zouma/ac. Tomori was shit against city and also, made a string of mistakes. Luckily none of them cost us. 

Kante, jorginho and kova played together against city and were pretty abject in attack where we seemed to miss a link between mid and attack. Against Valencia those 3 played together and we were pathetic. And so lucky to get away with just conceding 2.

So let's not try and rewrite history here. After the city and Valencia most here saw the missing link between attack and mid and we needed a no. 10. After city most wanted Emerson dropped. Plus with jorginho out too, we have to have a leader on the pitch.

Cho is coming back off a massive Injury and will be back to his best In some time so we casically are paper thin in terms of squad.

If just kepa was having a good season, that itself would have made such a difference. But all of these are teething issues. Things which will get better with new players/time. 

But it doesn't dissuade the fact that Tomori is the best of out of the trio... Having a bad game against City is not that bad we ain't playing every game day... For now James Rudiger Tomori and Emerson should be our backline then when we are ready to do business we can go all out for Emerson upgrade and a quality centre back... In the middle I will drop Mount for a while and use Pulisic there depending on the opposition... 

killer1257 likes this

I never wanted to Emerson to be dropped after City. People go crazy after a loss.
Kova Jorgi Kante is still our best midfield regardless if they were not Perfect against Valencia. Kova is playing the Season of his life.

Tomori for me is way better than Christensen. Faster, Stronger and wins more tackles. He will make mistakes but AC only won 50% of his tacklings. AC did not even have one Good game this season that comes to my mind

7 minutes ago, Alabama said:

But it doesn't dissuade the fact that Tomori is the best of out of the trio... Having a bad game against City is not that bad we ain't playing every game day... For now James Rudiger Tomori and Emerson should be our backline then when we are ready to do business we can go all out for Emerson upgrade and a quality centre back... In the middle I will drop Mount for a while and use Pulisic there depending on the opposition... 

Fair. But it's not like a vvd to lovren situation. Tomori has made mistakes too, and if he was playing today and we had lost, it would have been why was tomori playing why not AC. That's how fickle the crowd is. 

Agree regarding mount. 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

No idea why your original comment/question keeps changing.

Kepa can & should be dropped for making the same stupid mistakes for Willy, who is an adequate option in the short term.

I'm not looking for any scapegoats. Just saying how it is.

Did you not see the Joringho-Kovacic pairing against West Ham?

Without Kante, we might as well invite any team of note on the counter.

4 3 3

Drop Mount

Play Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic

RB Reece

LB Emerson 

Pray Rudiger gets healthy FAST, play Tomori with him

LW Pulisic

CF Tammy

RW Willian

Azpi should only see pitchtime again if Reece cannot go. He is DONE as a starter, done. He hurts the team massively and is a pure shit captain. Terry is spinning in his non grave.

The not good enoughs:

AC

Zouma

Azpi

Alonso

Barkley

Pedro

Bats

Giroud 

ALL NEED TO BE SOLD

ALL ARE UTTER PANTS

ALL NEED TO BE UPGRADED ON

I got pressured into accepting Zouma off a few good games

Never again 

He is fucking dreadful

Azpi is beyond shit as a LB. He makes bloody Alonso look like a mini Cafu (if Cafu was a LB)

IF Lamps wants to run next year with Zouma, Alonso, Azpi, AC, and Bats

Then he WILL be in the sack zone before next winter holidays, and fully deserve it

Fernando, Muzchap and Alabama like this

2 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Fair. But it's not like a vvd to lovren situation. Tomori has made mistakes too, and if he was playing today and we had lost, it would have been why was tomori playing why not AC. That's how fickle the crowd is. 

Agree regarding mount. 

absolutely yes... but they failed to understand it's a transition season especially with so many young players outta there... 

I can live with Tomori little erratic defensive mistakes here and there but the likes of Zouma Christensen and poor performance from Azpi is unforgivable...

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So much this

Not sure how to quote with the comment above about half built houses.  Don't disagree and hate to argue semantics but think we're 3/4 built actually.  This team is so close and am bullish on the future.  Sprinkle in a couple players and we make a run...

Vesper likes this

Just now, Vytis33 said:

Not sure how to quote with the comment above about half built houses.  Don't disagree and hate to argue semantics but think we're 3/4 built actually.  This team is so close and am bullish on the future.  Sprinkle in a couple players and we make a run...

I can go with 3/4ers

51 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I never wanted to Emerson to be dropped after City. People go crazy after a loss.
Kova Jorgi Kante is still our best midfield regardless if they were not Perfect against Valencia. Kova is playing the Season of his life.

Tomori for me is way better than Christensen. Faster, Stronger and wins more tackles. He will make mistakes but AC only won 50% of his tacklings. AC did not even have one Good game this season that comes to my mind

After City we faced West Ham and Emerson was preatty bad. 

But I see your point, and I tend to agree that we should give a run of James - Rudgier (if fit) Tomori and Emerson in the back. I also feel that could be the best till we upgrade. 

Mid of Jorgi Kante and Kova would be good even though we got owned by Valencia. Just need to get used to and work better the 3. 

4-3-3 is the best we can do for now until we upgrade. 

Muzchap likes this

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

But I see your point, and I tend to agree that we should give a run of James - Rudgier (if fit) Tomori and Emerson in the back. I also feel that could be the best till we upgrade. 

Mid of Jorgi Kante and Kova would be good even though we got owned by Valencia. Just need to get used to and work better the 3. 

That back line needs to be permanent. Changes made delicately. 

The midfield however should change base on opposition. 

But Valencia at home is a difficult One because they rarely lose at home. In la liga, they still have not lost at home. They play completely different away though