test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man City 2-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Tomori
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

450 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Did we have even a single big game victory yet?

Amsterdam away. But apart from that no, something we need to improve upon. Quite clear we just dont have the quality up front and in defence to win Liverpools and Man Citys right now

Of course, when we do not really need it, VAR is going our way...

Anyway I am super frustrated, I was prepared for a defeat but not in this way. We are much better than this, we showed way toooo much respect for City.

Johnnyeye and Bosnian Blue like this

1 minute ago, bluephoenix said:

Its ok still trust this team and Lampard.

KTBFFH.

We will come back bouncing!!!! Hopefully the return games on all big 6 we will win!

INLAMPARRITRUST

For sure my man.....or at least we hope. Still Lamps must be more compact vs these big teams. Cuz they have better players, better managers etc.

A missed chance I feel......and I swear I will fucking flip if marina doesnt add genuine quality come summer....

We lost our structure and compactness.

Our long balls were intercepted and read easily by City players.

Have work to do but Lampard hopefully can iron things out.

His first season, the players first season.

KTBFFH!

We were soo soo good compared to City.

Still proud of this team and Lampard

poor goal to concede in the end but did not really matter. we had our chances. once again should have been more clinical and more composed. We are a bit like Arsenal under Wenger post 2004 (and now Emery). But iw il give this time before calling anyone out. I will reserve my final judgement on this team when it is complete.

I mean look at Mount when he asked Frank if he should take the shot. If a players is confident enough to score from 30m vs the 2nd best goalie in the world then he would not ask. We lack leaders on the pitch. You win nothing with boys is true to some extent. Experience is what makes those little margins.

We need WC players on the pitch, I've said it before. There are players in that starting XI ain't good enough. 

I know it's City but City weren't even playing at their best. They were mediocre, but critical when it mattered.

DDA likes this

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

damn that is some pessimism. We still have 9 points over them and a long season to go. Mourinho will get mauled soon enough.

I hope so bro. I just couldn't bare to witness that shit. 

At the end of the day, we can see the difference in quality. KDB is way better than Kova. Mahrez is better than Willian.

We lack in creativity. We need to buy someone with World class creativity

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Bad result. 

Both City and United weve dropped points to. Defensive mistakes again.

The top 4 race is going to be interesting, alaays was gonna be this season, although especially even more so if we cant keep clean sheets against top teams.

The only real player I was disappointed with Bats.

Sorry but is he even training?

Has been offside position for the entire time on pitch?

He doesn't look like he wants to fight for starting 11 or is he trying to buy his way into another club?

Do we have someone in the youth club that can fill the subs and gain confidence and try to challenge Abraham>?

Atomiswave, Johnnyeye, 0007 and 1 other like this

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Of course, when we do not really need it, VAR is going our way...

Anyway I am super frustrated, I was prepared for a defeat but not in this way. We are much better than this, we showed way toooo much respect for City.

VAR doesnt go our way or against us when IT IS CORRECT

it is when it is WRONG that it robs us and is gifting points to Victimpool, Manure etc (so many wrong calls that robbed teams)

Johnnyeye and Atomiswave like this

Bad result. 
Both City and United weve dropped points to. Defensive mistakes again.
The top 4 race is going to be interesting, alaays was gonna be this season, although especially even more so if we cant keep clean sheets against top teams.
Don't worry about clean sheets. We need victories against them sharpish

If we were told we would narrowly lose at City on the face of it I would say okay par for the course at this point.

But after about half hour that was bull. City were there for the taking in the second half and we were far too slow in our build up. We played like a Van Gaal team in the second half and left the subs too late.

I do believe we will be a great team in the long run as we did play City at their own game and didn't look completely out of our depth but In terms of today we could and should have done a lot better.

1 minute ago, bluephoenix said:

The only real player I was disappointed with Bats.

Sorry but is he even training?

Has been offside position for the entire time on pitch?

He doesn't look like he wants to fight for starting 11 or is he trying to buy his way into another club?

Do we have someone in the youth club that can fill the subs and gain confidence and try to challenge Abraham>?

Just another dead wood. He should be nowhere near our team.

Alabama likes this

We need two new CB.Zouma and Tomori can’t pass the ball vertically because of their inabilities.Even when one of the full-backs was free they couldn’t make the lob pass.It  was frustrating to watch them pass the ball casually between one another while we desperately needed  a goal.

Supermonkey92 likes this

After watching the whole game, I'm disappointed with the final result.

HOWEVER, I'm still glad that coming into the game,we had put quite a bit of daylight in terms of points ahead of the rest of the chasing pack of spurs, arsenal and United. As long as we go back to picking points against the lesser sides, results against the big 2 will not matter in race for top 4.

They turning piont was obviously that triple deflected fluke own goal forced by KDB and the error from Jorginho. stuff like this can always happen but

1. why were we so high up the pitch? not enough bodies back. you can not get countered away from home when you are 1-0 up. We really should have defended that league longer and make City sweat. Right after the goal they completely sat back not to concede another one and to counter. We completely stepped into their trap

2. Even when things like these happen (they usually do after set pieces for us) we should not lose our heads but that is what we did. We hung our heads, dirfted out of the match and got punishes. After that it was a walk in the park for city, cos their composure allowed them what we were not able to do, see out the match by good game management.