• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

3 minutes ago, Alabama said:

I tell you...now Ajax are bombarding the flanks.... Azpi and Alonso will struggle... 

Lets hope not but we know its gonna be so, Alonso is just not reliable, he can easily cost you games on his own.

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

dafuq why is Emerson not even in the squad.... really hope it is no new injury and Lamps is just phasing him back in slowly. Alonso was an absolute clusterfuck in his last 2 games.

Only just caught the back end of Lampard's pre match interview but I think he said that Emerson just wasn't ready to play another game so soon after Watford as he's just back from an injury.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Only just caught the back end of Lampard's pre match interview but I think he said that Emerson just wasn't ready to play another game so soon after Watford as he's just back from an injury.

that sounds reassuring. Alonso, and partly Zouma and Barkley are the only players nowadays I feel like close to a heart attack every time they touch the ball in our own half. Everyone else is so comfortable on the ball I would trust them to control it on a beermat.