• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

2 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great run for sure however all PL opponents defeated by us are bottom half teams so don’t get over ourselves just yet.

Very true. But is refreshing to see we find the back of the net more regularly compared to the turgid style under Sarri last season

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

no it was not AND it also was not a 'clear and obvious error either

sorry, you are wrong

he ONLY went down when he saw Kepa had the ball and he had no chance

no pen

I refuse to accept football turning into a utterly non contact sport

That's your opinion. 

If it was the other way around, with pulisic/willian stealing the ball and the opposition defender/midfielder making such a contact as jorginho made 4/5/6 yards away from goal, I (and I am willing to bet 99% of the people on here) would be screaming bloody murder for a pen. 

Case in point - Just last week, CHO went down under minimal contact and most on here thought it was a pen. All he had was a hand on his back.

Accept it or refuse it. Again that's your opinion. With VAR, it is going to be difficult for defenders inside their own box. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I do not think we will see the best of CHO until latter this season or, more likely, next year

just my tuppence

I think form is going to flip flop between the squad given the age/inconsistency's of our player's. Right now Pulisic, Tammy and Willian are the one's on form and starting, flip it forward a couple of months it could well be Odoi, Michy/Oli, Pedro.

What a brilliant pass from Jorginho on Tammy’s goal.  Fabregas’esque and I don’t throw that around lightly.  Totally stunned that they called a penalty later on his challenge to be honest.  

Also has to be said Ben Foster had some class saves today.  Mount and Pulisic each could’ve had a brace on another day.  

+3

Game proceeded as expected. We score a beautiful goal, the opposition goalie has tzevgame of his life oreventing us fron goibg 4-0 up, the ref and sone stupid action combine to gift to the oppostion that makes us sweat. Great win still. Happy for Jorginho for that awesome assist, prime Lanpard style pass. Kovacic was at fault for keeping hold of the ball this long leading up to their pen in the first place IMO.

Also happy for tammy to score again. Perfect timing, same for Pulisics run. 

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Tammy has been the main one I misjudged a bit, and also thought Mount needed another half to full year to acclimate to the EPL

as for the old skool crew, Willian, of all people has been overall really good after a slow start

he offers a lot of intangibles, I so understand why Barca wanted him so so badly in 2018

it just sux he is not 25 to 27yo

We had Willian when he was 25 to 27 and he sucked balls back then😄

But agree it is the first time i see hin play well when the team does well. His prior purole patches were in 2015/16 and 2017/18  were the team was torrid. 

5 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Supporting Chelsea comes with a health warning........

And they did their best to make sure we fuck up, that was not a pen, yet they decided it was a stonwaller. You could bet your life if that was pool or utd it would not be given. And where the fuck came those 6min from exactly?

they did evwrything they could to help Watford, cunts

Abraham on both of our goals yesterday...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/11/03/tammy-abraham-explains-the-preparation-behind-his-and-christian-

Tammy Abraham, now on 10 goals for the season following his opener in the 2-1 win over Watford, revealed afterwards it came from a move that has been practised on more than one occasion.

The 22-year-old latched onto a carefully crafted ball over the defence from Jorginho to send it first time beyond Ben Foster who generally was the equal of most Chelsea attempts on goal. It was his ninth goal in the Premier League campaign, as many as anyone has scored.

‘We have been working on that in training,’ Abraham explained. ‘He [Jorginho] told me he was going to try it today so I just had to time my run, try to stay onside and get a good finish and that is what I did.

‘We have been doing it a lot in training and we have tried it a few times this season. It has come off a few times and sometimes it hasn’t but I was ready today.’

It was not only by scoring that Abraham made his impact in Saturday evening’s game. He also provided the ball into the middle from which Christian Pulisic scored our second and again, it was a goal developed on the pitches at Cobham.

‘He [Pulisic] is a good player to play with,’ said our young centre-forward. ‘We have been working in training on movement for when he crosses it or I cross it. We know where we are going to be in the box and it is just about getting the ball to him.’

10 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Surprised how watford haven't won yet. They weren't bad! 

Once again 2-0...leave the house and a goes to madness haha. 

Define bad. On the basis of yesterday, it's no wonder they're at the bottom. Had no attacking threat whatsoever, defended all game and needed Ben Foster to prevent us from scoring 5-6 goals. The 2-1 scoreline flatters Watford. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Define bad. On the basis of yesterday, it's no wonder they're at the bottom. Had no attacking threat whatsoever, defended all game and needed Ben Foster to prevent us from scoring 5-6 goals. The 2-1 scoreline flatters Watford. 

True though they did have the odd chance. Just luckily didn't happen. 

Still only let in 6 more goals then we have. Hopefully we can turn that little issue around. Only 5 teams have a worst against total then we do. But least can score! 

No clue what VAR is about anymore. Sometimes it works.. Sometimes.. Nope

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Anyone else suspect the booking may have been intentional to control the timing of the suspension?

I would have preferred he played against Palace and suspended against City tbh. He will be more useful for the Palace game than the City one.

11 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

they did evwrything they could to help Watford, cunts

Its happening every game

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I would have preferred he played against Palace and suspended against City tbh. He will be more useful for the Palace game than the City one.

Nahh this version of Jorgo will do great vs city, Sari's Jorgo yes but the current one is one of the best midfielders in the League.

Why assume Jorginho will certainly get booked if he’s available for Palace’s game? So yeh, I prefer he gets his 5th yellow on City’s game lol. It’s just an unfortunate booking for time wasting last night which I think it was harsh.

34 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Its happening every game

Nahh this version of Jorgo will do great vs city, Sari's Jorgo yes but the current one is one of the best midfielders in the League.

We are away from home against a team who majority of game will dominate the game. I agree about him being one of the best midfielders in league right now, however I would have preferred him to be available for Palace instead of City.