• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

16 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great run for sure however all PL opponents defeated by us are bottom half teams so don’t get over ourselves just yet.

I agree.....But these were the ones we were losing every other season... 

1 minute ago, Starman60 said:

After watching Jorginho and Kovacic tonight I feel i need to offer them both an apology. Last season under Sarri they were average to crap, and I said that when Sarri left I hoped he'd bring "that donkey Jorginho" with him. I also thought that Kovacic was only a squad filler. well tonight, and so far this season they have both been immense. That pass from Jorginho to Tammy gave me more gratification than sex!! And Kovacic running at Watford reminded me of Lampard. Ok Jorgi gave away a penalty but that aside he was brilliant. So I am apologizing to you both for poor judgement on my behalf. But blame Sarri for that. He had huge players but chose to quell their real ability on the pitch with negative tactics.These guys could have left the club had it not been for the influence of Lampard

Tammy has been the main one I misjudged a bit, and also thought Mount needed another half to full year to acclimate to the EPL

as for the old skool crew, Willian, of all people has been overall really good after a slow start

he offers a lot of intangibles, I so understand why Barca wanted him so so badly in 2018

it just sux he is not 25 to 27yo

19 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great run for sure however all PL opponents defeated by us are bottom half teams so don’t get over ourselves just yet.

True but it could be worse. We could be Arsenal, United or Spurs right now. Obviously, we're only 11 games in but those clubs' situation is what we thought we would be in before the season started. 

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Any Post match interview from Super Frank?I only found Tammys interview

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Every word Frank Lampard said on Chelsea's win at Watford, VAR decision and Kepa

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/watford-chelsea-frank-lampard-var-17191686

A bit closer than it should have been?

"We dominated the game, played some great football for big periods of it, created some good chances and credit to Ben Foster because he made some great saves.

"But we feel there’s at least three or four goals in that game which does put it to bed in the last 10 minutes.

"Two never does. We’ve felt that already this season so that’s a little bit on us.

"It shouldn’t take away from how well we’ve played but it’s been the story of our season at times this year.

"Away from home, not so much, we have scored goals this season.

Thoughts on VAR decision?

"I have to be careful really but last week we saw a change in VAR, a clear change in penalties getting overturned.

"I was at a manager’s meeting in midweek and we spoke a lot about it.

The an absolute consensus from managers, referees, the Premier League was the penalties or decisions — this is what I took from the meeting,anyway — are not going to get overturned unless they’re absolutely clear and obvious, and the VAR absolutely saw something that the referee on the pitch didn’t see.

"This didn’t, it nowhere near showed that, and the longer it took, the more worried I got.

"I’m so, so surprised from coming away on Thursday from that meeting to have that decision today.

"And then I reference back one week to Hudson-Odoi, he goes down, has a hand on the back, gets a yellow card and that overturned the other way round.

"We’re not in a great place with it, are we?"

"Anything that takes that long means there’s something they’re not sure about, so why aren’t we using the screen at the side of the pitch?

"I know it’s a bit contentious, I know it shouldn’t be because every fan might call for it. Thee might be pressure on referees, but if we’re going to say there might be grey areas in turning over decisions because one referee somewhere else thinks it was more of a penalty than the referee on the pitch did, there we’re in a really dangerous place and you’re going to be tossing a coin every week to see what decision you’re going to get."

The save from Foster by Kepa?

"Brilliant save. We got what we deserved. You obviously need your keeper to produce moments like that, that’s what they’re there for."

The performance of the midfielders?

"It’s great to watch, I enjoyed watching their play. For 25 minutes it was outstanding, we controlled it and then we got a bit sloppy as a team. 

"Again, second half, the link between Jorginho and Kovacic and Mason, their comfort on the ball, their pass appreciation, their ability to find a forward pass or break the forward line, they were outstanding."

Jorginho missing for the Crystal Palace match...

"He’s been on four for a while, it’s a blow, we know how influential he is for us at the minute but was do you do?"

Why so good away from home, record seven consecutive away games?

"I don’t think there’s one absolute thing that’s making us win, they’re just working hard, the way we’re working off the ball.

"Maybe away from home teams slightly open up against slightly more. Today wasn’t one of them but that gives us the opportunity with the pace we have that we can counter attack and create chances, whereas maybe at the Bridge teams can make it more difficult to do that with such freedom. Maybe that’s why we have been so free flowing away from home.

Christian and Willian, Willian takes people out of the game with his pace and I love that Christian scored a goal from four yards out, he could have decided not to go the extra mile and that ball flashes across the face and no one gets on the end of it. "If he continues doing that sort of thing then the goals will wrack up. His general performance was top as well."

Another goal for Tammy Abraham...

"I was delighted for Tammy, I joked with him on Friday that he’s on a barren patch, it has been three games. But he’s so hungry, he works hard, he wants to score goals and the timing and the link between him and Jorgi for the first goal was fantastic. Then the assist with the pace of the cross, I’m delighted for him."

Tammy has been the main one I misjudged a bit, and also thought Mount needed another half to full year to acclimate to the EPL
as for the old skool crew, Willian, of all people has been overall really good after a slow start
he offers a lot of intangibles, I so understand why Barca wanted him so so badly in 2018
it just sux he is not 25 to 27yo
I hope you still remember what you said you would do when Tammy scores 20 goals hahaha.

I knew Tammy was the real deal after having him watched twice play for Villa. But I thought that Mount would be good enough as a squad player. I still think that RLC offers more than Mount though

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Thanks to the whole defense, they just had to clear the ball from there, but decided to joke around inside the penalty box, with Watford chasing a goal, it was too reckless in my opinion, in the end it didnt cost the game, that VAR horse shit is the wake up call we needed, cant make these kind of mistakes in the future, on another day we would have thrown away this match, despite being in a confortable position. @Jason

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I have been holding off on commenting, but he looks a shadow post Achilles :( 

Behave. CHO will be fine. He just recovered from an achilles injury. Sat on a bench for 80 minutes. Cant expect him to have a beast of game when I am sure his instructions were to stay compact and be opportunistic. He has had games this year where he has looked great. Give him some time. 

Kovacic MOTM for me, definitely. The attacking trio of Pulisic, Mount and Willian were very good too. My heart was racing up and down in those final stages. Any equalizer for them would be totally unjust.  We totally dominated that match. 6 points above Arsenal with a considerable better goal difference. United losing too. Wow. Annoying that Jorginho will be suspended for that Palace game as we need to win that before that City game. Loved Lamps post-match interview. He is so composed and speaks well. Abraham also scoring again after going without 3 games or so without a goal was refreshing to see and back to back assists for him too.

Supporting Chelsea comes with a health warning........

And they did their best to make sure we fuck up, that was not a pen, yet they decided it was a stonwaller. You could bet your life if that was pool or utd it would not be given. And where the fuck came those 6min from exactly?