• Gilmour
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Feeling mixed about this game. On one hand, I want us to win and get revenge for that dumb 4-0 loss back in August as well as continue our progress in our League Cup because the domestic cup competitions are arguably our best chance of winning silverware this season. It would be nice for the team, especially the young players, to get one over a big side (regardless of United's fortunes) - which we haven't done yet this season and even if it's just in the League Cup - and potentially win a trophy (that first one is always very important). But on the other hand, if we progress further, it means we will have more games to contend with - in this case, another game to add into the hectic December month - and it's only the League Cup (a bit contradicting, I know), where it feels like the Community Shield these days - you'll feel great if you win it but can't be too bothered if you don't. 

While we're on the subject of big games I am a little concerned that our next three league big games are away (City, Spurs, Arsenal).

Hopefully we can win atleast one of them games or at worse pick up two draws because transition season or no 0 or 1 point out of an available 15 won't look pretty.

Shame Jorginho/Kovacic aren't getting any rest but it is what it is. Shame Emerson isn't fit

That midfield is just awesome though. Can't wait to see James tear United apart

e. That cunt Rojo scares me. Wouldn't be surprised if one of our players leaves the pitch on a stretcher

Ours or United or both?

I was originally talking about ours, but after seeing Utd's, both. 

The latter are effectively playing their first XI (Martial just coming back from injury).

3 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Kovacic-Jorginho-Gilmour midfield is probably the closest thing to Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi midfield (in terms of style, not quality obviously) this club has ever put on a football pitch

Jorginho-Busquets
Kovacic-Iniesta
Gilmour-Xavi

?

Lack of experience in defence worries me a little but if that midfield trio can dominate, our front three have a real chance of causing problems. 

United have obviously come to play a back five and counter us, we just have to make sure we dont make the same mistakes we did earlier in the season.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Lack of experience in defence worries me a little but if that midfield trio can dominate, our front three have a real chance of causing problems. 

United have obviously come to play a back five and counter us, we just have to make sure we dont make the same mistakes we did earlier in the season.

We all knew Ole will come to park the buss and hit on the break, there was no chance he would play an open game, no chance.