• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

3 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Hope Emerson and James start tomorrow. We need pair of dynamic fullbacks in order to break down their bus

Dropping Azpi after one of his best ever defensive performances? I doubt it.

I would be surprised to see any changes to last week's lineup. Never change a winning team.

This game will need as much experience as possible, and whilst people want to see Reece I don't think there is a hope in hell Cesar gets dropped here for no reason.

Whilst we have the young lads playing it's important that game management and experienced heads lead the team. The only change I see is possibly Michy for Tammy or Pulisic for CHO.

Kepa

Cesar Zouma Tomori Alonso

Jorginho

Kovacic.     Mount

Willian         Michy      CHO

No way azpi gets dropped vs Burnley after a motm performance.

Kova and jorg were great so I reckon kante gets a longer rest as no need to risk him.

Then 3 of Mount CHO Willian and Pulisic will start with tammy up front...

They'll all get their chance at some point even if its not tommorrow.

Think this will mostly come down to two things: how well we defend set pieces and how quickly we can move the ball around in the final third.

This will be a very, very tough match. Wonder if Pulisic has earned a start here over Willian after the latter looked poor against Ajax.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think this will mostly come down to two things: how well we defend set pieces and how quickly we can move the ball around in the final third.

This will be a very, very tough match. Wonder if Pulisic has earned a start here over Willian after the latter looked poor against Ajax.

I think it might be CHO whom Puli would start over, not Willian

we all have to remember that CHO is still only just back from a horrific injury and I so do not want to put his Achilles to a massive '2 games (both brutal) in  a few days' stress test if we do not have to

I am SO paranoid of injuries and rushing players back too soon or forcing them to play too much too soon

all I have to say is

Kante :(

Rudiger :(

just in general, besides those two massive players, we have had the following out injured at one point or another (some still are) this season

RLC (the huge X factor)

Alonso

AC

CHO (as I said, we do not need to over-push him, and he is still not (it will take months) fully back in terms of his explosiveness, BUT I also think it may be a wee bit of a positive, as he is learning the other aspects of his game, and is forced to not just get by on pure speed bursts, so (as I think he will regain ALL his explosives from pre Achilles) it i all good for me

Emerson

Reece James (again, so hope we do not rush him too hard!)

Barkley

Mount

Kovacic

van Ginkel (not that it matters, and he has been fucked for ages)

Pulisic

Pedro

Willian

Giroud

Tammy (slight knocks, nothing major)

Bats (early on, now is fine)

all of those have missed games due to injures so far, and some have yet to play

and I STILL say Zouma is not completely recovered (in terms of his explosive athletic ability and confidence) from that horrific knee injury, perhaps he never will completely recover, it took Emerson 2 years to fully recover to his pre ACL form (and of cource, just out luck, he is now out with another, albeit much less serious injury)

it is INSANE

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Pulisic definitely has earned a start but the question, IMO, is whether this is the right game for him to start. (seriously, where is Pedro?!)

On a different note, I know we have a few injuries and therefore fewer options but Lampard's gotta be careful with overplaying some of the players. We'll be playing every 3-4 days right up till the next international break and I don't think Lampard will fully play the kids against United in the League Cup in midweek. So gotta be mindful a little in regards to rotating the players. 

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pulisic definitely has earned a start but the question, IMO, is whether this is the right game for him to start. (seriously, where is Pedro?!)

Pedro unhappy at Chelsea and considering future after being axed by Frank Lampard

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/19/pedro-unhappy-chelsea-considering-future-axed-frank-lampard-10945762/?ito=cbshare

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Pedro unhappy at Chelsea and considering future after being axed by Frank Lampard

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/19/pedro-unhappy-chelsea-considering-future-axed-frank-lampard-10945762/?ito=cbshare

Wasn't he unhappy because of personal stuff off the pitch?

We need to move him on next summer anyway, so it's not such a big deal.

20 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

Wasn't he unhappy because of personal stuff off the pitch?

We need to move him on next summer anyway, so it's not such a big deal.

Giroud and him are so gone

as are all the older ones out on loan

there are multiple ones that I want gone

that Lamps rates high

Zouma

Alonso

Willian

we shall see what happens

the only one on the team who is really irritating me atm is Zouma (nothing personal, he is great in terms of attitude) as he si just so clumsy on the ball, and it is rubbing off on Tomori

Pedro has been shit too

Willian and Alonso have played really well, but if we are ever going to get remotely big money, this summer is it for both

Alonso turns 30 in the middle of next season, and Willian is 32 the whole season, basically

I would love to get £60m for the pair

perhaps I am dreaming

and even that is a massive drop in cash from what we should have had for them

as 2 summers back (2018) we could have  have gotten £110m or £115m for them combined!

another £50m plus shit away

smdh

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Giroud and him are so gone

as are all the older ones out on laon

there are multiple ones that I want gone

that Lamps rates high

Zouma

Alonso

Willian

we shall see what happens

the nly one on the team who is really irritating me is Zouma (nothing personal, he is great in terms of attitude) as he si just so clumsy on the ball, and it is rubbing off on Tomori

Pedro has been shit too

Willian and Alonso have played really well, but if we are ever going to get remotely big money, this summer is it for both

Alonso turns 30 in the middle of next season, and Willian is 32 the whole season, basically

I would love to get £60m for the pair

perhaps I am dreaming

and it is a massive drop i cash

as 2 summers back (2018) we could have  have gotten £110m or £115m for them combined!

another £50m plus shit away

smdh

I want to see the back of all three as well. Zouma maybe can be kept as a bench option to shut down shop in special cases. But we do not need the cash, so we could as well release Willian if it helps things. It is annyoing given what we would have got for them but they have proven kinda useful in this ban situation. And its not like we need their sales for funding other transfers. I do not believe we have ever refrained from digning someone because of lack of funds rather than refusing to be held to ransom

Zouma's clumsiness rubbing off on Tomori is a good observation. He will profit much more from playing with Rüdiger. One more reason he should return to training with the team asap. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

I want to see the back of all three as well. Zouma maybe can be kept as a bench option to shut down shop in special cases. But we do not need the cash, so we could as well release Willian if it helps things. And its not like we need their sales for funding other transfers. I do not believe we have ever refrained from digning someone because of lack of funds rather than refusing to be held to ransom

Zouma's clumsiness rubbing off on Tomori is a good observation. He will profit much more from playing with Rüdiger. One more reason he should return to training with the team asap. 

agree with all except

It is annyoing given what we would have got for them but they have proven kinda useful in this ban situation.

as we would have upgrade on them that summer

Alex Telles release clause was 50m euro (so basically a freebie as we turned down £45m from Real for the turtle

and we could have grabbed a decent winger who was much younger than Willian, we could have certaily grabbed quality for that £65m from Barca

Everton paid only £35m for Richarlison in summer 2018, he is a beast at trackbacks like Willian and is far younger, scores more, and is super physical and can play CF too

even on a struggling Everton team he is tracking to 14-15 goals (and would score more with us) and 10 or so assists in all comps based off a full season minutes

last year he had 14 goals in only 2/3rds of a full season minutes

or we could have had Zaha (more cash and I would take Richarlison over him, but still would take him over Wilian all day long)

or Federico Chiesa, Fiorentina would have coughed him up for that Willian cash, or maybe a wee bit more

all 3 are/were massive upgrades over Willian and much younger, especially Chiesa and Richarlison

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

agree with all except

as we would have upgrade on them that summer

Alex Telles release clause was 50m euro (so basically a freebie as we turned down £45m from Real for the turtle

and we could have grabbed a decent winger who was much younger than Willian, we could have certaily grabbed quality for that £65m from Barca

Everton paid only £35m for Richarlison in summer 2018, he is a beast at trackbacks like Willian and is far younger, scores more, and is super physical and can play CF too

even on a struggling Everton team he is tracking to 14-15 goals (and would score more with us) and 10 or so assists in all comps based off a full season minutes

last year he had 14 goals in only 2/3rds of a full season minutes

or we could have had Zaha (more cash and I would take Richarlison over him, but still would take him over Wilian all day long)

or Federico Chiesa, Fiorentina would have coughed him up for that Willian cash, or maybe a wee bit more

all 3 are/were massive upgrades over Willian and much younger, especially Chiesa and Richarlison

you are obviously right if selling them would have meant sureyl getting a superior replacement. But not selling them was not necessarily a statement of trust in them bu talso a statement of the board's lack of confidence in its own ability to secure these replacements. We have failed to replace big-name sales numerous times in the past. As much as they hate them as players, we are better off with those two right now than we would be without them given no replacement.

I wish it was always that easy to kick this player out and sign that one instead. I could well imagine Willian and Alonso insisted on staying when those offers came in.