test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Ajax 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Tomori
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

386 posts in this topic
37 minutes ago, the wes said:

EHj1m-zX4AA6KFk.jpeg

Both great players. But i take Mason any day. 2 years younger, more skillful, much quicker on his feet. Just has to deliver on the biggest stage now as Donny has done already.

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

A "must-win" game for the U-19 today, with Gilmour nowhere to be seen.

He must be getting a part in tonights game :D

Well, that’s rather obvious given only 19 players travelled, including the 3rd choice keeper.

22 hours ago, Jason said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/10/22/chelsea-squad-land-in-amsterdam-ahead-of-latest-champions-league?cardIndex=0-0

The 19-man squad for Ajax tomorrow. No Kante, Rudiger, Barkley AND Pedro.

Kepa Arrizabalaga
Marcos Alonso
Jorginho
Tammy Abraham
Willian
Willy Caballero
Kurt Zouma
Mateo Kovacic
Olivier Giroud
Mason Mount
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Christian Pulisic
Michy Batshuayi
Reece James
Cesar Azpilicueta
Fikayo Tomori
Jamie Cumming
Emerson Palmieri
Billy Gilmour

I can see Puli starting in CHO position. I won't play CHO every 3 days. 

I like the starters and I think Frank will make good use of subs. Which can also mean if players are playing great, leave them in.

Good team imo, was kinda expecting Giroud and/or Pulisic get a start here though but I guess Pulisic will be coming in as a sub at some point.

14 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I thought we would be more defensive with the 5 at the back. 

I think 5 at the back with our current set of CBs would have been a bad move. We would have conceded control of the midfield entirely to Ajax by giving them a man advantage and having 3 centrebacks, all of which are quite mediocre on the ball, would have made us struggle to keep possession or create anything. If we still had David Luiz then maybe it could have worked. 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 is the way to go right now

Mount's pressing abilities are needed in such type of game. But I hope this means we will see Puli starting against Burnley. 

If Sarri did this he would be criticized for luck of rotation. 
I would gone about that angle had we not just come back from an INT break. Hope the players that start can deliver & Lampard doesn't hang around with changes if required (effectively won the game on Saturday).

Just showed stats on Dutch TV. Ajax have conceded 28 (!) chances in two UCL games this season. They have conceded 0 goals though, which is quite a miracle but their defence is still veery vulnerable. Onana is a fantastic GK btw, only a matter of time before he ends up playing in big leagues