Lewis Cook

the wes

8 hours ago, the wes said:

of course a month later, after that post, he blew his knee out

:(

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

For the love of god, hope we do not buy English players for the sake of it! :rant:

Cook only interested me as a hypothetical insomuch as IF we were hellbent on an English CMF, the numpty board should have bought him for the £6.3m he went for and not shit away the £60+m (wages and outrageous salary) on Donkeywater.

Odds are high (given the law of relativity/time flux) that if we had bought him back in the day, he might not have blown out his knee last year either (that is just a tangential point however.)

He certainly would be worh more now, knee or no knee injury (we should fully recover) that the turgid Drinkwater. He is still only 22.

I do NOT advocate buying him now. We need to think WC (or a youth with WC potential) if/when we buy a CMF (I am still 100000% all in for Ryan Gravenberch from Ajax, who only turned 17yo 5 months ago.) 

Ryan Gravenberch voted Best Talent in KKD

https://www.ajax1.nl/ryan-gravenberch-verkozen-tot-beste-talent-in-kkd/

Date of birth/Age: May 16, 2002 (17)

Place of birth: Netherlands Amsterdam

Citizenship: Netherlands

Height: 1,90 m

Position: Central Midfield

Agent: Agent is known - player under 18

Current international: Netherlands U19

Caps/Goals: 13/1

Ryan Gravenberch has been named Best Talent of the 1st period in the Kitchen Champion Division. The midfielder was also nominated for the 'best player of the 1st period' prize, but Branco van den Boomen  (24yo CMF and NOT a target of mine at all) won the prize.

Gravenberch was already a permanent force in the team of Michael Re occupant last season, but this season he makes a very strong impression. He already scored five times and gave two assists. His development is also striking for Erik ten Hag, because after his debut during the away match against PSV (23 September 2018), he did not make minutes in the first team for a very long time. In the home game against Fortuna, he replaced Donny van de Beek in the seventieth minute.

Ryan Gravenberch

Yeah going for another central midfielder/10 would be one of the stupidest moves we could make just now.

We already have Mason, Ruben, Kova, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley and Gilmour. The only exception would be a back up for Jorginho but I think Billy Gilmour is the one Frank wants to have that role in the squad so wouldnt make a huge deal of sense. 

If someone left which again I think come January (dont see it with the ban) or even the summer, the only one I could really think of would be Ross if he doesnt kick on (as I feel he is getting left behind by those around him in similar positions in the squad). But if not then it would be a really stupid move to sign another midfielder. 

Upfront we need competition for Tammy and in central defence we could potentially need another as Zouma still doesnt convince me in the long run. Tomori, Ruidger, Andreas and another CB instead of Zouma is maybe greed but I think we improve on him. Wide area also maybe a priority more than CM too. 

For the love of god, hope we do not buy English players for the sake of it! :rant:

For the first time in a while, HG quota shouldn't be an issue. It will be interesting to see what Lamps will do with a sizeable budget.

20 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

For the first time in a while, HG quota shouldn't be an issue. It will be interesting to see what Lamps will do with a sizeable budget.

If his first intentions to go sign another midfielder when we are pretty much already stacked there then it wont be interesting at all, more daft in my eyes as theres other areas we need to strengthen/improve upon such as upfront and outwide.

Good teams strengthen where they are weak be it first 11 or 18 man squad. An injury to Tammy and we are goosed upfront. Willian and Pedro are good pros and have done their bits over the years but they will also need replacing/upgraded on if we are to take the next step. Defence still potentially questionable as Ive mentioned my concerns with Zouma but I think Rudiger will stiffen us up, him and Tomori would be an excellent partnership I feel.

If his first intentions to go sign another midfielder when we are pretty much already stacked there then it wont be interesting at all, more daft in my eyes as theres other areas we need to strengthen/improve upon such as upfront and outwide.
Good teams strengthen where they are weak be it first 11 or 18 man squad. An injury to Tammy and we are goosed upfront. Willian and Pedro are good pros and have done their bits over the years but they will also need replacing/upgraded on if we are to take the next step. Defence still potentially questionable as Ive mentioned my concerns with Zouma but I think Rudiger will stiffen us up, him and Tomori would be an excellent partnership I feel.

I wouldn't take a rumour as gospel. If we were to go down that route, Neymar is learning English as we speak in preparation for his move to London. [emoji6]

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You