• Gilmour
    • Barkley
    • Pulisic
    • Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Anjorin (sub)
    • Maatsen (sub)

With the news Emerson's out for a few weeks I hope Maatsen plays tomorrow.

In my opinion a lot of the problems with Marcos last season was playing too much, when It got to the festive period and beyond he looked tanked but after Emerson took over for a few games around March time he responded with some strong performances of his own.

Whether we like it or not Alonso will be needed for Brighton, Lillie, Southampton so he must stay well away from the team tomorrow to keep up freshness.

4 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Grimsby will fancy their chances of getting a result here. 

Hah, isn't it hilarious that we're CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB and we're not even confident of beating fucking Grimsby. No disrespect, but come on. That's how bad things are. 

Nah, we will score 4 or 5. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

With the news Emerson's out for a few weeks I hope Maatsen plays tomorrow.

In my opinion a lot of the problems with Marcos last season was playing too much, when It got to the festive period and beyond he looked tanked but after Emerson took over for a few games around March time he responded with some strong performances of his own.

Whether we like it or not Alonso will be needed for Brighton, Lillie, Southampton so he must stay well away from the team tomorrow to keep up freshness.

We also have option to play Azpi as LB and James on RB. But at the moment with Emerson out and James back I think it's best to continue with 3-4-3. It's best system to accommodate Alonso as LWB and Azpi as RCB with Rudiger and Tomori along side. James will be awesome on RWB also I think. 

6 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Grimsby will fancy their chances of getting a result here. 

Hah, isn't it hilarious that we're CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB and we're not even confident of beating fucking Grimsby. No disrespect, but come on. That's how bad things are. 

That's it. Shouldnt happen but don't trust us enough for it not to. Just cause. 

The media needs to get off Lampard about who is getting minutes and who is not. He has been very open with the media and the fans. i think when he feels he needs to explain every decision he makes, many times, that openness goes away.  

Not that I want them but penalty kicks are in the ABAB format. And have been for some time. What happened to that joke format ABBA or whatever they were? Weren't they used just once? When we lost to Arsenal in the CS... Another spectacular project...

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

Not that I want them but penalty kicks are in the ABAB format. And have been for some time. What happened to that joke format ABBA or whatever they were? Weren't they used just once? When we lost to Arsenal in the CS... Another spectacular project...

Seemed a reasonable idea to me. One which was abandoned too soon I'd say but it's hardly the most important issue in the game so I don't care really.

Evening Standard predictions

Chelsea XI: Caballero, James, Zouma, Tomori, Alonso, Gilmour, Kovacic, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi, Pulisic

Grimsby XI: McKeown, Hewitt, Pollock, Gibson, Hendrie, Whitehouse, Hessenthaler, Robson, Green, Hanson, Wright

22 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Evening Standard predictions

Chelsea XI: Caballero, James, Zouma, Tomori, Alonso, Gilmour, Kovacic, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi, Pulisic

Grimsby XI: McKeown, Hewitt, Pollock, Gibson, Hendrie, Whitehouse, Hessenthaler, Robson, Green, Hanson, Wright

I dont think that will be far off, but I think Guehi may start as it seems a bit of a risk to play both our currently only fit senior centre backs.