• Kante
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Just now, Robchels said:

As good a game Jorginho and kova had, the first goal was on them. Fabinho? Just runs past both with easy and then gets fouled by Andreas as a last resort. 

Was Mane (pretty sure it was him, lol). Yeah and look at what Jorginho did for the first goal. Ran up to try and block and then turned his back on the shot! He's a leader in the team apparently... 

Just now, Robchels said:

Think Andreas is still ahead of tomori, who does looks like an amazing prospect - must be said.

tomori is very fast, strong, and actually good on the ball (twice as good as zouma). What he is lacking right now is discipline and, well experience. For example, he puts pool player onside when kepa saves azpi bounce. He’s just very focused on the player he’s marching and misses the line push. Experience.

Quite true... 

Gonna come with experience yes... 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Our zonal marking defending is just as bad as our open play defending. 

I think the open play defending has improved since United/Leicester/pre season however set piece defending if anything is getting worse, look like conceding every time we face one.

Just a funny thing: if you read the comments here alonso was our worst player, but watching the after match show here, every pundit, kante, frank, and even Klop were praising alonso.

still can’t understand bats tho. I thought tammy had a poor game even aside the miss, his overall play was poor. Swapping him for bats is just burning your last sub tho.

@Tomo yes open play defending has improved, but we need to keep possession better. That’s also part of it esp when under pressure. Mount and Tammy need not be as direct all the time.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Was Mane (pretty sure it was him, lol). Yeah and look at what Jorginho did for the first goal. Ran up to try and block and then turned his back on the shot! He's a leader in the team apparently... 

Are you genuinely questioning his leadership by not going face first at an attempt at goal?

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Well that may come good in the future, we need to worry about the present. And at the present, our defending is going to cost us anything we might be able to attain this season. 

I obviously do... Just hope Lampard figure out that soon especially set piece situation....So worrying 

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think the open play defending has improved since United/Leicester/pre season however set piece defending if anything is getting worse, look like conceding every time we face one.

Defence doing enough to bail out the team. Otherwise, the midfield looks bloody disjointed and Kovacic & Jorginho are useless in defensive situations. 

5 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Mourinho should stfu...

Lost count with number of excuses he gave after horrible defeat he suffered during his managerial stint... Despite having luxury of buying players...

Ironic but the fact remains he is 110% spot on. 

Yes Jose is bang on the fucking money. In ll fairness though, this is the season we have. We couldn't get a top manager and we couldn't bring in any players whilst losing one the greatest players we've ever had.

So I guess it's fine for the club to say 'this will be a shit season'. However, they better be fucking ruthless from this summer onwards. But then again, the board are fucking clueless so who knows where we go from here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Ironic but the fact remains he is 110% spot on. 

Spot on... While missing many key players to injury... Most of the goals we concede are due to personnel problem...yes I agree our defensive structure and organisation needs to improve.. Can't bear how soft Kovacic and Jorginho are allowing players easily breeze past them... Countless individuals errors Zouma and Azpi made constituting a major fraction of the goals we have conceded...I hope with our healthy and fully fit players back Lampard  will try Kante and Ruben in midfield especially against big teams where we have much defending to do... 

5 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Spot on... While missing many key players to injury... Most of the goals we concede are due to personnel problem...yes I agree our defensive structure and organisation needs to improve.. Can't bear how soft Kovacic and Jorginho are allowing players easily breeze past them... Countless individuals errors Zouma and Azpi made constituting a major fraction of the goals we have conceded...I hope with our healthy and fully fit players back Lampard  will try Kante and Ruben in midfield especially against big teams where we have much defending to do... 

Is it a personnel problem? Sure James' athleticism could've prevented some of the crosses Sheffield put in, but we are conceding goals by marking each other vs the opposition! The day we look organised at defending set pieces, is the day I will genuinely be positive moving forward. Because as of right now, not one player out injured currently can help us. This is on Lampard. That said, I do believe having a recognised back 4 playing week in week out may help 'some' issues. 

We are sacrificing a lot by taking out Jorginho and putting two players who have no experience in leading a transition from deep.