test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   15 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Christensen
      0
    • Tomori
      4
    • Emerson
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kovacic
      0
    • Kante
      11
    • Willian
      0
    • Mount
      0
    • Abraham
      0
    • Alonso (sub)
      0
    • Zouma (sub)
      0
    • Batshuayi (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

537 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Spot on... While missing many key players to injury... Most of the goals we concede are due to personnel problem...yes I agree our defensive structure and organisation needs to improve.. Can't bear how soft Kovacic and Jorginho are allowing players easily breeze past them... Countless individuals errors Zouma and Azpi made constituting a major fraction of the goals we have conceded...I hope with our healthy and fully fit players back Lampard  will try Kante and Ruben in midfield especially against big teams where we have much defending to do... 

Is it a personnel problem? Sure James' athleticism could've prevented some of the crosses Sheffield put in, but we are conceding goals by marking each other vs the opposition! The day we look organised at defending set pieces, is the day I will genuinely be positive moving forward. Because as of right now, not one player out injured currently can help us. This is on Lampard. That said, I do believe having a recognised back 4 playing week in week out may help 'some' issues. 

We are sacrificing a lot by taking out Jorginho and putting two players who have no experience in leading a transition from deep. 

Supermonkey92 and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Is it a personnel problem? Sure James' athleticism could've prevented some of the crosses Sheffield put in, but we are conceding goals by marking each other vs the opposition! The day we look organised at defending set pieces, is the day I will genuinely be positive moving forward. Because as of right now, not one player out injured currently can help us. This is on Lampard. 

We are sacrificing a lot by taking out Jorginho and putting two players who have no experience in leading a transition from deep. 

Yes it is... Though we need to improve our defensive structure because we look disjointed when defending...

Rudiger James Ruben will thousand miles help our defensive aspect of the game... Kovacic and Jorginho too soft for my liking from the defensive point of the game... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alabama said:

Yes it is... Though we need to improve our defensive structure because we look disjointed when defending...

Rudiger James Ruben will thousand miles help our defensive aspect of the game... Kovacic and Jorginho too soft for my liking from the defensive point of the game... 

I edited by post after you quoted me but having a recognised back 4 may help some issues. Form some sort of chemistry and understanding. 

 

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Ironic but the fact remains he is 110% spot on. 

Pep done the exact same thing after City drew against Spurs, does that mean City are not a top team anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jason said:

Defence doing enough to bail out the team. Otherwise, the midfield looks bloody disjointed and Kovacic & Jorginho are useless in defensive situations. 

Unfair on them imo. Even if you are right, that’s their characteristic. They are defensive players mostly by their ability to keep possession.

However some players, esp the younger ones are very direct and don’t yet know how to do that.

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomo said:

Pep done the exact same thing after City drew against Spurs, does that mean City are not a top team anymore.

Mourinho's point was using it continuously to defend a poor result, which he's right. It's small-time. 

It comes to a point where when do we stop excusing poor results with 'we performed well, it just wasn't our day', to actually seeing positive signs of improvement? We can forgive Lampard to an extent as there is some progression, particularly with youth, but it's been mentioned quite a few times that it will lose its value quick if these errors we are seeing don't go away. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Unfair on them imo. Even if you are right, that’s their characteristic. They are defensive players mostly by their ability to keep possession.

I expect better than them putting in half-hearted pressing or challenges. They are just flimsy and weak! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

I expect better than them putting in half-hearted pressing or challenges. They are just flimsy and weak! 

Sure I do as well, not excusing that. Something it’s something silly though as in when they were both chasing the runner, there a misunderstanding... someone should have brought player down before he was in a dangerous area.

and to your point Jorginho turning his back towards the ball was a bit pathetic.

With all that out of the way, we are going to have trouble defending if we don’t keep the ball having specialists at that in the middle.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robchels said:

Sure I do as well, not excusing that. Something it’s something silly though as in when they were both chasing the runner, there a misunderstanding... someone should have brought player down before he was in a dangerous area.

and to your point Jorginho turning his back towards the ball was a bit pathetic.

With all that out of the way, we are going to have trouble defending if we don’t keep the ball having specialists at that in the middle.

A bit of Sarriball might be nice. :ph34r:

Johnnyeye, Vesper and Robchels like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I have to say Im quite pissed Lamps played Mount althrough the boy couldnt even go 50% into challenges. 

Get used to it. Another case Sarri's Jorginho here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mourinho's point was using it continuously to defend a poor result, which he's right. It's small-time. 

It comes to a point where when do we stop excusing poor results with 'we performed well, it just wasn't our day', to actually seeing positive signs of improvement? We can forgive Lampard to an extent as there is some progression, particularly with youth, but it's been mentioned quite a few times that it will lose its value quick if these errors we are seeing don't go away. 

For me it's all right at the minute because we are at the stage of development where performances take just as much stock as results and to match who are whether we like it or not the best team in the land right now and one of the best in PL history is a very positive sign at this point.

I however do agree that over time that these type of soundbites will have to erode and be replaced by more substance. That's where Arsenal went wrong 2005 onwards, even when Cesc/Nasri etc hit their prime it they still had the same targets as they did when the players were teenagers (ie play well and get top 4).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Pulisic should have came on for Mount. I am struggling to understand why is he on the fringes. Mason was dead at the end, he could barely walk. Frank again with poor choice of subs. Batsuhayi is clearly not a player for this level of football and also you don't take off a striker who is in form. Tammy didn't score today but he got into very good positions and you never know with 20 mins left.

 

great post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If anyone says we played bad, please tell whoever is near you to slap your face.

Because we were good. Given half of our team is injured and we conceded two stupid goals through free kicks and not during play, we werent that bad in defence at all. We should have scored twice if Tammy didnt have a brainfart.

I have to say Im quite pissed Lamps played Mount althrough the boy couldnt even go 50% into challenges. 

Kinda weird message there buddy.

you emphatically start by saying we were good, I agree in part, because we lost the game playing very poorly in the first 30min or so.

but then you start with excuses as to why... we played poorly? when you just stated, emphatically, that we played well?

then you say it’s ok because we only conceded from set pieces, really? Those 2 free kicks were in extremely dangerous areas of the pitch especially against a team who knows how to exploit them with very tall and powerful players.

finally, perhaps our lack of composure in front of the goal is more about lack of quality than anything else? I mean on my tv firmino and aguero don’t seem to miss those very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robchels said:

Kinda weird message there buddy.

you emphatically start by saying we were good, I agree in part, because we lost the game playing very poorly in the first 30min or so.

but then you start with excuses as to why... we played poorly? when you just stated, emphatically, that we played well?

then you say it’s ok because we only conceded from set pieces, really? Those 2 free kicks were in extremely dangerous areas of the pitch especially against a team who knows how to exploit them with very tall and powerful players.

finally, perhaps our lack of composure in front of the goal is more about lack of quality than anything else? I mean on my tv firmino and aguero don’t seem to miss those very often.

No its realy not like that.

I thought we played well, I only pointed out that our defending wasnt bad despite people saying it (except for the free kick situations).

Also just because Tammy missed the sitter, that doesnt mean we didnt attack well. Id say Tammy was actualy very dangerous through the game, he just didnt score. 

Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mourinho continues to show what a snake he is, a man who only looks after his own interests. I remember him being critical of Lampard as well during one of our earlier matches on Sky.

When he was basically insinuating that Lampard will play kids as an "excuse" to avoid the pressure of the job. Fuck him and his shitty opinion , too bad some think its genuine criticism. One will think an ex-Chelsea manager will show more solidarity to one of his best ever ex-players and a club he supposedly loves. Lampard has received more praise from Klopp than Mourinho

Bosnian Blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.