test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Tomori
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

537 posts in this topic

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Mason-Mount-Chelsea-news-Premier-League-

2019/20 Premier League Match 6
22nd September, Sunday 2019
Stamford Bridge
16:30 Kick Off (UK time)

Draw would be a great result. Though can't see that happening. Let's hope there is some good news on the Kante, rudiger, Mason, Emerson end. 

I dread how this is gana go. Guess be back in a - goal difference unless somehow we remember how to defend. Hopefully can get a point at least but tbh written this one off.. 

Cousin and her daughter won a competition and gotta take a penalty at halftime so gutted for that not to be going. Sod doing that though lol I'd be crap

Problem against set pieces : Liverpool scored Most goals from corner 

Problem against between the line player : firmino is in good form

We are a chaotic team : Liverpool is the best team in chaotic games.

Vybz Kartel likes this

I think we lose, but it's ok.
we are at the beginning of new era, lose with one of the most strong team in the world can happen!
I hope that nobody start complaining if we lose that game.

bigbluewillie likes this

Depends how we lose. Play for pride and play to compete with them. Make sure there's no stupid drubbings.

If we lose 4-0 or worse I'll be having a good moan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Knowing us for sure this is a win. 

Kepa, Emerson, Rudiger, Christensen/Tomori, Azpilicueta, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Pulisic, Willian /Pedro, Abraham. 

Can one win on Stamford Bridge this season , please ? 

Kepa - Azpilicueta - Rudiger -Christensen - Emerson - Kante - Kovacic - Jorginho -Pedro - Pulisic - Abraham

Disappoint, impress, disappoint, ......

Hope the trend continues & we finally get our first home win.

It’s actually a good time to play them.

Yes, they are the better side, with better players in most positions, but it’s still early season and they are not yet very competitive.

14 minutes ago, the wes said:

Hope we don't force it with Mount. If he needs time to recover, let him have it. Last thing we need is another long term injury!

Robchels likes this

Hope we don't force it with Mount. If he needs time to recover, let him have it. Last thing we need is another long term injury!
We need to stop doing this and only play players that are FULLY fit. How many times has Rudiger suddenly come back & then, immediately return to the injury list?

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:
8 hours ago, Jason said:

We need to stop doing this and only play players that are FULLY fit. How many times has Rudiger suddenly come back & then, immediately return to the injury list?

Same with Kante!

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Same with Kante!

Yep. Only difference is, he's a freak.

Give Kante an injection, play him for this game then rest him till whenever he needs. Play the same way as Istanbul but Tammy and Tomori instead of Oli and Zouma. Other circumstances I'd say Giroud (as for some reason he tends to cause VVD problems) but can't drop Tammy with his current goal run.

This game is important to send a message, we won't be finishing above Liverpool this season but a win would show them that we well and truly plan on competing with them in the long run (a bit like what they did to City at Anfield the year before they challenged them for the league).

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

Same with Kante!

Kante was fit after his hamstring injury. He just went into a bad tackle against Man United had sprained his ankle. I don´t see a correlation between those two injuries.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Kante was fit after his hamstring injury. He just went into a bad tackle against Man United had sprained his ankle. I don´t see a correlation between those two injuries.

But he didn't start the game because he wasn't 100% fit, no? Kante played the Liverpool few days later and has been out injured until now.

Rudiger returned last week at Wolves from a knee injury and ended up with a groin injury.

Obviously, I don't know the fitness conditions of the players and what conditioning work Lampard and co. do with the players but we should only start them again when we're absolutely certain they're 100% alright, and not try and force it. Otherwise, we'll never have the entire squad available at a point.