test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-1 Valencia

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Christensen
    • Tomori
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

402 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Still haven't won a home game. Lampard needs to sort out his dreadful subs.

Pedro was never the answer is a billion years.

I really don't get why Pulisic wasn't brought on for Mount. Was sent home early by the US team and got 0 minutes in two games after the international break. Yeah, he hasn't been great but European games arguably suit him better for now and at least it would have given him a chance of settling into the team and making an impact. In the end, we saw a combination of Conteball and Sarriball borefest. 

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

Also, 4 minutes of added time? While all 4 minutes were lost by the penalty checking? With all the time wasting and subs? Not to mention that blatant red card. Not a surprise, though, with this arrogant ref.

Can't blame him though. He did give the pen

Disappointing after the great result at the weekend but this will be unfortunately the pattern of this season I believe, certainly for the first 2 or 3 months.

It will be a big learning curve for Lamps and a lot of these players and we're just going to have to take the rough with the smooth.

On a side note I thought Tomori looked very good and if he carries on the way he has the last couple of games he could start staking a genuine claim to be first choice even in a two with Rudiger fit.

Just now, shrenshah said:

To hell with this mediocracy

Love supporting chelsea but cant bear the pain to watch us loose every week

Players with no love for the club are ruining this great club

Happy to see us loose if its down to youngsters but its the older players who are f**kin us over

Will start watching again once the likes of willian alonso pedro azpi are out of the frame

we did NOT lose the last EPL game

and IF we had not blown that two nil lead versus shit Sheffield United

we would have the 2nd most points in the table (tied with Shitty)

we have an INSANE amount of injuries

suck it up, buttercup

NikkiCFC likes this

Arguing puts pressure on the pen taker more so than before. It's nearly a perfect pen and barkley can take them so I don't have an issue with him taking it. I have an issue if

A) he's not supposed to and thinks he just can pull rank on people
B) Willian standing there questioning him for ages

But lamps needs that sorted immediately. We have a 1 2 3 pen taker. And they take it in that order if they are off the pitch.

We'll be fine. Just means the margin for error is tiny

Vesper likes this

Taking off Zouma for Giroud did not make sense imo. They were exploiting our defence and we were not creating much so the fact he put on Giroud and Abraham at same time when it was 0-0 was puzzling. Although Pedro came on as a sub, would have taken him off and brought on Pulisic. Was annoyed about that. But, once again I expect a lot of ups and downs this season so not really surprised. Just need to learn. We will have a lot of games like that this season. Just hope Mount has bruising and no fracture. 

Strike, Vesper and Bosnian Blue like this

Seriously. How were Azpi Alonso Pedro William playing for so long?

Pulisic and Barkley should have been preferred. This performance takes all the enthusiasm from Saturday away in an instant

I know there are players coming back but with slightly smarter management, this and the Sheffield results were avoidable

NikkiCFC likes this

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Taking off Zouma for Giroud did not make sense imo. They were exploiting our defence and we were not creating much so the fact he put on Giroud and Abraham at same time when it was 0-0 was puzzling. Although Pedro came on as a sub, would have taken him off and brought on Pulisic. Was annoyed about that. But, once again I expect a lot of ups and downs this season so not really surprised. Just need to learn. We will have a lot of games like that this season. Just hope Mount has bruising and no fracture. 

I agree sweetie:)

Stats likes this

I really don't get why Pulisic wasn't brought on for Mount. Was sent home early by the US team and got 0 minutes in two games after the international break. Yeah, he hasn't been great but European games arguably suit him better for now and at least it would have given him a chance of settling into the team and making an impact. In the end, we saw a combination of Conteball and Sarriball borefest. 
He tends to fade away, so leaving him as a late introduction made sense. Not bringing him on at all was baffling.
Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Lampard aint it. Im just hoping there is a good enough manager to take the role come end of the season. 

October is closer and you know what that means.

'I told you'

To hell with this mediocracy
Love supporting chelsea but cant bear the pain to watch us loose every week
Players with no love for the club are ruining this great club
Happy to see us loose if its down to youngsters but its the older players who are f**kin us over
Will start watching again once the likes of willian alonso pedro azpi are out of the frame
Bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Lampard aint it. Im just hoping there is a good enough manager to take the role come end of the season. 

as long as he LEARNS from his mistakes, I have a shedload of patience

Atomiswave likes this

there is no  learning curve tonight cos the loose isn't young fault but fault of a lot of mediocry's players we have.
when Rudiger, Emerson, Kante, RLC, Mount, Cho will be fit...  players like Alonso, zouma, willian, pedro, barkley don't see the field anymore! for sure!
and then it will be so much better for us!
I only hope that time will come soon!

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

He tends to fade away, so leaving him as a late introduction made sense. Not bringing him on at all was baffling.

Maybe but you might as well bring him on to let him get used to the pace and all. Pedro did F all all game!

LAM09 likes this

5 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Lampard non lo è. Spero solo che ci sia un manager abbastanza bravo da assumere il ruolo alla fine della stagione. 

i think Lamps can be very good! to judge to coach after a few matches in a new team with market closed, a lot of injury and who also give youth change to play and grow is foolish!