test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-2 Sheffield United

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Tomori
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Willian (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

452 posts in this topic

With Zouma, his deficits aren't something he can learn out of. His football fundamentals are all wrong and not suited to this level. If I was opposition manager I would simply advice my striker to press Zouma's partner out of the game and leave Zouma with the ball since he can do fuck all with it. And that effectively kills our ball possession in our own half.

Atomiswave likes this

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Being 2-0 and giving away 2 points at home is always tough, but I feel this was a fair result looking at that second half. They figured us out after a bit.

Very impressed with Tammy,Kova, and Tomori.

Azpi is done as a fullback at this level. He was getting abused out there, and even Pulisic tracking back coudnt save him.

Emerson was oki too, Jorginho too

the rest were shit

we SOOOOO miss Kante and Rudiger it is insane:(

Sir Mikel OBE and Johnnyeye like this

Shit result. Shit performance. Sarriball-esque performance from start to finish. Good that we capitalized on mistakes but we only scored those two goals of mistakes, didn't create anything else. And then of course, gave away two stupid goals as usual. :doh:

Also hindsight is 20/20 but what's with that Gilmour sub? Lampard should have brought Christensen on and shut the game out, especially when we struggling down the right hand side. :doh::doh: 

Atomiswave, Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

Just now, Jason said:

Shit result. Shit performance. Sarriball-esque performance from start to finish. Good that we capitalized on mistakes but we only scored those two goals of mistakes, didn't create anything else. And then of course, gave away two stupid goals as usual. :doh:

Also hindsight is 20/20 but what's with that Gilmour sub? Lampard should have brought Christensen on and shut the game out, especially when we struggling down the right hand side. :doh::doh: 

i agree, this one is on Lampard, very naive.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Duno when our first league clean sheet is coming in. If against Wolves or Liverpool be amazed! It's worrying. Played 4 games and conceded 9. We only just won against Norwich not like that was comfy 

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He cost us all five games. Fuck off I'm off to swimming pool... 

Should just go all out and hire Poch before he goes to United and end this farce. Lampard isn't cut out to be a Chelsea manager.

Just now, Alabama said:

Fine with his terrible misplaced passes?

I am fine with his dribbling, work-rate, and fact that him being on the pitch puts Mount into his natural position.

Willian should have been on for Barkley at halftime is something I stand by.

It's easy to complain about Lampard's subs but Kovacic looked like he was struggling with a knock. If he needed to come off, I've no problem with Lampard putting faith in a youngster to come in as much of a like for like replacement as possible. 

These players have to learn and that's going to take time. It won't happen overnight.

Our defending is not good enough at present that's clear. But another problem we have is there seems to be an inability to "dig in" when we're under a bit of pressure. The natural reaction for some of these players is to try and play through that when sometimes you simply can't and the result is playing more frenetic and disjointed. It happened in the last half hour against United, most of the game against Leicester and the second half today. Inexperience is a huge issue with this, possibly with Lampard and his tactics too but it's part of the process and unfortunately we're going to have to go through this to reap the benefits.

The second half today we needed a performance similar to the one against Norwich in the second half where we dominated much of the play and controlled the game and it wasn't there.

11Drogba and Muzchap like this

Lets be honest even at 2-0 we were pretty shite. Never created more than maybe 2 chances from open play (Kova and Tammys chances). A better performance from their GK for 1 of the 2 goals and for the other if their 2 CBs didnt cock up, we wouldnt of scored. Simple as that. If we keep playing like this for the next couple of months (which I wouldnt be surprised as this team and manager beeds time ) and results dont improve, with the clubs history and when someone like Max Allegri is sitting unemployed, who knows what will be going through the boards minds. Its the harsh reality of being at a club like Chelsea.

On a positive note though, Tomori very reassured today. Billy Gilmour came on and obviously more minutes for Mason and Tammy. 

Be interested to see what Franks interview says. It is alarming how easy it is to score goals against us. Frigthening really.

Muzchap likes this

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pulisic has offered nothing

tbf he has looked out of his depth, lets really hope he kicks on with time, otherwise...

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

its going to be a long year I fear

Frank is looking out of his depth atm

he best have a rethink and quick

Let me tell you this. I absolutely hated Lampard and Kovačič laughing over Kova's miss in the first half. They made fun of it while knowing we have a proper shitty defence and we simply cannot afford the luxury of wasting chances. Yet they laughed like it was a pre season game. Who is laughing now, boss?! Since that moment I knew we were not going to win this.

Johnnyeye and NikkiCFC like this