• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Willian (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Yeah poor opposition no doubt. Will provide a different challenge as they will likely employ a very low block, so not a whole lot of spaces to run behind their defense.

definitely a confidence builder and a game to be on the younger side with the starting XI. Perhaps give rudiger his first start if ready?

I think a good gauge for the quality of the opposition is just to think how important a player our “beloved” willian would be for them. 

Sounds like both Pedro AND Kante will miss this game through injury.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/08/26/frank-lampard-praises-mason-mount-s-impact-and-updates-on-pedro-

‘Pedro picked up a hamstring injury and we will assess the severity of it over the next couple of days, but I think it will be tough for him to be back for next week at first glance,’ said Lampard.

‘We obviously then have the international break, so that might help, but we will be trying to get him back as quickly as possible because he’s an important player.

‘It’s a difficult one with N’Golo because he’s had four years of constant playing.

‘We knew he had that injury from the Europa League final last season, which affected his pre-season, and then he picked up an ankle injury last week. He’s trying and we are trying to get him through it, but the game yesterday just came too quickly and he was in too much pain.

‘But again he is one to assess and we want him back in the team because he’s an important player. I think the international break will be great for him, to try and recover him.’

On 8/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Arguably the easiest match of the season. Absolute must win especially after the confidence booster today. Full week of rest too. Should be fine.

I think the way teams sometimes set up with a blockade nowadays, the notion of easy games is changing 

No such thing as an easy game for me........they will come to sit back all day everyday at SB. We have injuries left and right, refs all fucked up and var is consistently fucking us over. Of course its a must win to boost ourselves with another win but nothing comes easy anymore. A win is massive considering the tough matches utd have in store, plus arsenal and spurs are bound to lose pts next weekend.

On 27/08/2019 at 6:21 AM, Jason said:

Does that mean willian will started :(

On 27/08/2019 at 11:59 AM, Strike said:

I think the way teams sometimes set up with a blockade nowadays, the notion of easy games is changing 

It's quite the opposite i feel, around 2013 it peaked with almost every non top 6/7 side playing low block in games vs the big boys but now we are getting those type of managers whittled out. No clubs are pushing the Big Sam or Pulis panic button any more and even Stoke are sacking managers because of their style of play. 

More and more teams going toe to toe with the big boys, apart from Palace and Newcastle i don't think we will face many if any pure spoiler tactics all season.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think this is the game to bring out the diamond with the combination of Sheffield's 3atb and the injury to Pedro.

Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Zouma, Emerson, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount, Barkley, Giroud, Tammy.

Either that or go 433 and push the front 3 right up on their 3 at the back like City and Roma did to us under Conte. Interesting to see how it goes but think it will be 4231 still. Be a tough game too as they always look to switch the ball fast to create overloads out wide. 

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think this is the game to bring out the diamond with the combination of Sheffield's 3atb and the injury to Pedro.

Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Zouma, Emerson, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount, Barkley, Giroud, Tammy.

Best option with Pedro, Kante injured. Mount is a doubt too. Play Willian instead of Mount if he is not fit for this one. 

2 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

What happened to mount?

Chelsea have seemingly been handed a boost this week as Mason Mount was in training ahead of their clash with Sheffield United this weekend.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/08/29/good-news-for-chelsea-in-form-ace-seen-in-training-after-injury-scare/