test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vesper

Best prospects on the U23, U18, and Chelsea Youth squads as of August 2019

Started by Vesper,

Strictly my opinion, and I may leave out some, please feel free to add names or correct me.

I will add, Loan-Army-wise, the only 3 I see with a any real chance at the first team are Ethan Ampadu, Dujon Sterling and Trevoh Chalobah. That's it, I doubt Jake Clarke-Salter will make it, he is 23 in a few weeks and looked poor the last game I watched for Birmingham. All the rest of the loan army can be sold, most all should be sold to make way for the new ones on the U23's, as the loan limits will be coming in and some are internationals.

I am not going to list a player for every position

CHELSEA FC U23

GK Jamie Cumming

CB Marc Guehi

CB Marcel Lavinier

LB Juan Famila Castillo (Unfortunately was loaned back to Ajax now, with an option to buy, GRRRR)

LB Ian Maatsen (plays CB and DMF as well)

RB Tariq Lamptey

CMF  Billy Gilmour (best young non first team player we have IMHO)

CMF Tariq Uwakwe

AMF  Faustino Anjorin

AMF  George McEachran

CHELSEA FC U18

GK Lucas Bergstrom    (2.01m)

CB Pierre Ekwah Elimby

CB Bashir Humphreys

LB Jordan Aina

DMF Xavier Simons

CMF Myles Peart-Harris

AMF Thierno Ballo (best U18 IMHO)

AMF Ben Elliott

AMF Marcel Lewis

RW Dion Rankine

CF Armando Broja

CHELSEA FC Youth

RB/CB Ashley Akpan (Best Youth player ATM)

CMF Harvey Vale

AMF Rashann Scott 

RW Silko Thomas

RW/SS Samuel Iling Jr.

CF Jude Soonsup-Bell (Probably our best striker prospect under contract on all teams, other than the first team)

We lost Jamal Musiala and Bright Arrey-Mbi to Bayern Munich, Jesuran Rak-Sakyi  to Crystal Palace, Jason Sraha to Arsenal, Daishawn Redan (U18) to Hertha Berlin.Marcin Bulka (U23) to PSG, and Adrian Akande to West Ham, plus some lesser prospects.

21 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I have high hopes for Conor Gallagher. 

He looked awful in pre season.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He looked awful in pre season.

Was youth player of the year last season. And started this season very well. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Was youth player of the year last season. And started this season very well. 

He reminds me a bit of Matic with better shooting, but technique wise it wasn´t something that impressed me based on his pre season. But I did not watch him last season in his youth matches, so I could be wrong. We will see

On 18.8.2019 at 1:18 AM, Vesper said:

Strictly my opinion, and I may leave out some, please feel free to add names or correct me.

I will add, Loan-Army-wise, the only 3 I see with a any real chance at the first team are Ethan Ampadu, Dujon Sterling and Trevoh Chalobah. That's it, I doubt Jake Clarke-Salter will make it, he is 23 in a few weeks and looked poor the last game I watched for Birmingham. All the rest of the loan army can be sold, most all should be sold to make way for the new ones on the U23's, as the loan limits will be coming in and some are internationals.

I am not going to list a player for every position

CHELSEA FC U23

GK Jamie Cumming

CB Marc Guehi

CB Marcel Lavinier

LB Juan Castillo

LB Ian Maatsen (plays CB and DMF as well)

RB Tariq Lamptey

CMF  Billy Gilmour (best young non first team player we have IMHO)

CMF Tariq Uwakwe

AMF  Faustino Anjorin

AMF  George McEachran

Castillo and Anjorin are players I would want Frank to keep an eye on. Castillo is ready to play the BU role for Emerson and they are very similar, only Castillo can cross million times better than Emerson. Emerson is probably the better defender. It would be a perfect situation for both of them. Emerson gets the most playing time and once in a while Castillo gets chances to shine. For Franks system, he is ideal.

Anjorin is a top player with immense potential. He should be also ready for PL, even though he is only 17 years old. Once in a while, he should be on the bench or playing in the league cups etc. He and RLC could be a force together

Billy Gilmour has huge potential, but I have to say that he sometimes wents missing in games and that is way I don´t think he is ready yet. He needs to play for the U23 at least til winter and then maybe we could think about loan moves, which I right now don´t think would be the wisest decision to make. He has immense potential, but he needs more maturity. His dribblings, his technique, his vision are so good, but he needs to work on his shooting and the fact that he sometimes wents missing in matches. Maybe, he should gain a little bit of weight. Modric may not look like a bodybuilder, but Modric has solid legs and Billy does not have that. He is still very fast, but a little bit of leg muscles would probably give him more some benefits.

Marc Guehi seems to be a monster, but is still a very raw because he should have seen red today.  Seems to be a Zouma with more technique..He seems ready for a loan move.

Vesper likes this

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Castillo and Anjorin are players I would want Frank to keep an eye on. Castillo is ready to play the BU role for Emerson and they are very similar, only Castillo can cross million times better than Emerson. Emerson is probably the better defender. It would be a perfect situation for both of them. Emerson gets the most playing time and once in a while Castillo gets chances to shine. For Franks system, he is ideal.

Anjorin is a top player with immense potential. He should be also ready for PL, even though he is only 17 years old. Once in a while, he should be on the bench or playing in the league cups etc. He and RLC could be a force together

Billy Gilmour has huge potential, but I have to say that he sometimes wents missing in games and that is way I don´t think he is ready yet. He needs to play for the U23 at least til winter and then maybe we could think about loan moves, which I right now don´t think would be the wisest decision to make. He has immense potential, but he needs more maturity. His dribblings, his technique, his vision are so good, but he needs to work on his shooting and the fact that he sometimes wents missing in matches. Maybe, he should gain a little bit of weight. Modric may not look like a bodybuilder, but Modric has solid legs and Billy does not have that. He is still very fast, but a little bit of leg muscles would probably give him more some benefits.

Marc Guehi seems to be a monster, but is still a very raw because he should have seen red today.  Seems to be a Zouma with more technique..He seems ready for a loan move.

nice!

and what about Maatsen, I REALLY like him

and moving down in age

Thierno Ballo 

and

Ashley Akpan

killer1257 likes this

The Future of Chels

Ashley Akpan and his sister Ashanti (Polish/Nigerian)

Sis & Bro Pro - that's the name of the YouTube channel, where 14-year-old Ashley Akpan and his younger sister Ashanti present their skills. They both play football and represent the colors of Chelsea London. Although they live and train in England, they speak Polish very well and their dream is to play for white and red. The fourth meeting of the "We play for Poland" project has already been held at the Polish embassy in London. As every year, representatives of PZPN met with young football talents of Polish origin. 

killer1257 likes this

Just now, Vesper said:

nice!

and what about Maatsen, I REALLY like him

and moving down in age

Thierno Ballo 

and

Ashley Akpan

I have only seen Maatsen play once and he seemed pretty good.

But I can´t give you an opinion on the U18 guys. I did not watch them in a long time

RJBOfficial likes this

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I have only seen Maatsen play once and he seemed pretty good.

But I can´t give you an opinion on the U18 guys. I did not watch them in a long time

We beat out Real, Barca, Shitty, Bayern (they REALLY wanted him), the Bindippers and Juve for Akpan (Lyon women (like Barca, Real and Bayern all tossed together in women's footie) wanted Ashanti BAD)

Obviously it is mad early (he is only 14, born Jan 7, 2005, which makes my arse feel ANCIENT :( , lolol, and I am only just turned 27 a few months back) but he has huge potential and they both seem to LOVE London.

Thierno Ballo, AMF and CMF and even plays winger ( Born: January 2, 2002 (age 17 years)

looks to be possibly the best young Austrian player since Valentino Lazaro and maybe even Alaba

He is short (may still grow a wee bit) but has a tremendous burst of pace and unreal dribbling