• Mount
    • Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

23 minutes ago, positivefootball said:

RLC and CHO are big players?? The delusions are reaching epic proportions.

RLC on a full seasons minutes was on pace to score 20 goals and have 10 assists, many of then in the EPL, so yes, he is a big player for us

CHO has bags of potential and if we lose him it is a massive blow

you coming on here and shitting on the majority of the board are the delusional one m8

38 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Doesn't mince words here.

I'm glad that he acknowledges the problem and has admitted that we were absolute tosh in the 2nd half of the game.

First step towards fixing the problems.

But it was the same in pre-season and really the defensive structure of the whole team hasnt drastically changed bar the Liverpool performance.

Yes we are only say 10 games (including pre-season) into Lampard's tenure so this could come as premature but I am a bit concerned with how we concede so many chances and look so bad defending set plays.

For me, it is similar to how Andre Villas Boas' team got on defensively. Couldnt stop conceding chances from open play, unorganised at set plays and eventually goals started going in and it was a matter of could Chelsea get back into the game. Without an improvement defensively as a team (although I think AC-Zouma both played decent today as a pairing but I mean as a whole from front to back) and seeing as we lack a top striker to bail us out, we could potentially end up dropping points. 

As for the attacking play, yeah it is good and exciting at times as well as the high press but there were also elements again in some of our games very similar to how we played under Sarri at times, very congested in middle. We also arent as composed in some phases of the game as we could be and that is also resulting in us turning the ball over and getting done on transitions far too often. Again with time, like the defensive structure, I really hope it improves.

I have seen a lot of positives so far with Frank, the high press when it works is really good (example first 15 mins today), as well as the more direct attacking play (although still gets congested at times) and obviously trying to integrate the academy kids. I was apprehensive about his appointment and still think theres been alarms like I said similar to Villas-Boas' team defensively and for me, most good teams are built on a good defensive structure and shape. Liverpool, Spurs and City without the ball, press from the front. Theyve all bought into it and the distances are good, then if they dont win it they drop back in and are organised. We used to be very organised under Jose and Conte, being able to grind out results. Man United with Fergie as well could grind games out if they werent playing great.

Basically if you cant keep goals out from set plays or concede too many big chances (think of Brendans Liverpool team that finished 2nd), your going to have to end up scoring 3 or 4 goals every game. Teams that have to score 3 or 4 goals a game because they cant keep a clean sheet dont traditionally win leagues or cups. Its probably easier to keep clean sheets than need to score 3 or 4 goals a game. 

Think zouma remains a problem, once again not for having a poor game, or making mistakes, but by being unable to work in a high press. And his positioning is also a bit disappointing considering his other shortcomings.

second half was as bad as it gets. Bullied, esp once giroud left, because then we lost all second balls and could not keep possession. Another 15 minutes and Leicester would’ve easily won the match.

lots of work to do and I’m worried by what I see from Lampard. I’m yet to see an improvement coming from the locker room. His subs rarely improve the team and are ill-timed.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Doesn't mince words here.

I'm glad that he acknowledges the problem and has admitted that we were absolute tosh in the 2nd half of the game.

First step towards fixing the problems.

I know we are a work in progress but only 3 games into the season and we are already talking about the same thing every game. Show positives, play well, create chances BUT we do not convert them and then concede because of stupid mistakes at the back (including pre-season, we have only one clean sheet in 10 games. ONE!). Lampard's sentiment is gonna wear thin if the same thing keeps on happening and especially if we don't start picking up results soon. 

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

Also, you could really easily pick out the players who were struggling after the Liverpool match. Emerson especially wasn't nearly as good today going forward. 

One posiitive I'll single out is Zouma. As poor as he is on the ball most of the time, his pure defending has been very good since the United match. Getting more and more confident.

I thought Emerson was as poor as usual in the first half. Indeed it looked like we should shift LB from second priority in the transfer market, up to joint first. I thought he had a better second half however, even when everything around him had gone to pot. I don't say he was good, but I felt he was definitely better.

I think Lamps is trying to do away with the Sarri-Antonio-Mourinho slow build up system at the expense of position keeping and at the expense of leaving the defense exposed.
Not only that but his players got tired after 20-25 minutes of play and Leicester (!) dominated the game, inside Stamford bridge as well.
It was dismal,

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

United away and Leicester at home... Funny thing is that in two previous seasons with Conte and Sarri we also took one point from these games so it's nothing new. 

Don't give facts - it confuses the narrative that we are doomed 😄😄😄

Simon Jordan is a cunt - he couldn't even keep hold of his missus... 

Back the team and fuck what the media says. We don't need their approval - never have, never will. 

Geezer got on at Earls Court yesterday middle aged, bald and wearing glasses he also had the full home kit on that's just wrong on so many levels. People weren't laughing at him everyone just sort of bemused how anyone of his age thinks that's an acceptable way to dress. Full kit wanker it's known as fine if your eight not when you're 48 !

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

United away and Leicester at home... Funny thing is that in two previous seasons with Conte and Sarri we also took one point from these games so it's nothing new. 

I personally don't care too much about the result sbut defensively it is a bit concerning. It has been the case since pre season. 3 games similar story. 3 good 1st half, 3 bad 2nd half. The problem when we lose control of the game, we were just sitting duck 

We definitely need width, cant wait to see how we play with Pulisic and CHO on the wings. i would like to see this lineup soon: 

Kepa

Azpi    Rudi    A.C    Emerson

Kante     Kovacic/Jorginho

Pulisic      Mount/RLC      CHO

Tammy/Giroud

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Seriously can't stand pundits or journalists saying "Lampard has got the toughest job in the world" or "Result X shows the task Lampard is facing at Chelsea" or something along those lines like Lampard and us are some sort of idiots who aren't aware of the situation. Yes, we are a big club who should be winning every week, targeting the major trophies but we're in a hole right now. These pundits/journalists need to realize/accept our current situation rather than saying we should be achieving this and that in a situation that doesn't allow or guarantee us to do that right now. 

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seriously can't stand pundits or journalists saying "Lampard has got the toughest job in the world" or "Result X shows the task Lampard is facing at Chelsea" or something along those lines like Lampard and us are some sort of idiots who aren't aware of the situation. Yes, we are a big club who should be winning every week, targeting the major trophies but we're in a hole right now. These pundits/journalists need to realize/accept our current situation rather than saying we should be achieving this and that in a situation that doesn't allow or guarantee us to do that right now. 

Its a mantra we have on us....aint going away any time soon. Amazing or horrible, we have it up the arse from all sides.