• Mount
    • Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The last time we started the season with 1 point from first 2 games, the 'Mourinho Season' happened.

Got to be honest, I'm kinda expecting something similar, with us finishing 6-8th. Absolutely no chance we'll finish in the top four this season (and I'd like to go on record as having said the same long before the season started). Got to give Lampard the benefit of the doubt, but one draw and two defeats is pretty shocking, let's be honest. Who is going to score our goals this season?

3 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Got to be honest, I'm kinda expecting something similar, with us finishing 6-8th. Absolutely no chance we'll finish in the top four this season (and I'd like to go on record as having said the same long before the season started). Got to give Lampard the benefit of the doubt, but one draw and two defeats is pretty shocking, let's be honest. Who is going to score our goals this season?

We will score enough goals purely on the chances we create, it's the defending that's a big worry.

We are fucked, no manager would love or look forward to that aspect. We rather wanted a fat old higs than buying someone like Piatek. The vision of this Club is something else man.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We will score enough goals purely on the chances we create, it's the defending that's a big worry.

Are you sure? If you look at our finishing so far this season, I'm concerned we will continue to dominate games, not take chances, then get undone by shit defending...

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We defended much better today compared to against United. Christensen and Zouma did well when our midfield collapsed. 

Like United, we should of been out of sight before Leicester even got in the game. 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

But we cant score, either luck fucks us up or we do it ourselves. Very very few killers in our team.

Just now, BlueLion. said:

Are you sure? If you look at our finishing so far this season, I'm concerned we will continue to dominate games, not take chances, then get undone by shit defending...

This. Watching us defend poorly is already frustrating enough. But seeing us not converting chances too? If that keeps on happening, it's gonna send people over the edge. 

We won't. If anything, the chances we create will diminish and we'll look even worse.

As long Lamps doesnt play Willian, Pedro all the time, we will be fine.

Those two and Azpi are some of the worst chance creators out there. I knew they were bad, but when you see them next to 20 yo teenagers, they look even worse. They stop every attack, all of our fluidity ends. Then the decision making and execution. Just shite.

I say fuck zonal, fuck 4231 for now......we need the likes Recce and Rudi back asap. We all love Azpi, he has heart and experience, still decent, but James will do us better im sure of it. Pedro is still awesome man but he is only getting slower, Willy is just one big fuck-fest game after game. Tammy aint gonna save us, he needs time, its a big step up you know, lets hope he does. Puli the same, he needs time. Lamps too will come good, he knows issues when he sees them.

When we play really well our lack of any quality up top is somewhat masked. But when we play poorly it really, REALLY shows just how terrible our options at striker are. We have a black hole in that area.

That was a really poor showing with a bit of an excuse due to the midweek match. Leicester are a really good side, but there's no excuse to be battered and carved open like we did. Especially at home.

Due to the sheer volume of chances created enough goals will come, enough for top 4? Probably not, but im more worried defensively. We don't have a 30 goal player but enough capable of getting to ten (Mason should be halfway there already).

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We defended much better today compared to against United. Christensen and Zouma did well when our midfield collapsed. 

Like United, we should of been out of sight before Leicester even got in the game. 

They did well individually but there seems a structural problem defensively, it's pretty easy to see now why Sarri reverted to the LVG brand of cautious possession. 

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Its weird seeing so much pessimism here. We play well but we have trouble scoring. Its a problem that can be fixed.

Id be much more worried if we couldnt even create like last season.

Defending will be a bitch this season but thats something we will have to strenghten in summer. Our midfield and attack show plenty of promise though and if we sort that out, I think its going to be fine season.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its weird seeing so much pessimism here. We play well but we have trouble scoring. Its a problem that can be fixed.

Id be much more worried if we couldnt even create like last season.

Defending will be a bitch this season but thats something we will have to strenghten in summer. Our midfield and attack show plenty of promise though and if we sort that out, I think its going to be fine season.

Lets hope brother

Also, you could really easily pick out the players who were struggling after the Liverpool match. Emerson especially wasn't nearly as good today going forward. 

One posiitive I'll single out is Zouma. As poor as he is on the ball most of the time, his pure defending has been very good since the United match. Getting more and more confident.