23. Conor Gallagher

NikkiCFC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This guy to me is what Mount is to Tomo. Inner diva!

Swansea will play Championship next season. Not sure what is the best next step for Conor.

Maybe Bundesliga? Or based on this season starting spot in Chelsea and 5000 minutes? 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

This guy to me is what Mount is to Tomo. Inner diva!

Swansea will play Championship next season. Not sure what is the best next step for Conor.

Maybe Bundesliga? Or based on this season starting spot in Chelsea and 5000 minutes? 

Loan to the Bundesliga

Borussia Mönchengladbach

VfL Wolfsburg

SC Freiburg

Hertha BSC

• 4 weeks later...

West Bromwich Albion ‘big admirers’ of Chelsea’s Conor Gallagher; hoping for loan — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/5/26/21270514/west-bromwich-albion-big-admirers-of-chelseas-conor-gallagher-hoping-for-loan-report

ONLY if they get promotion!

• 4 weeks later...

CONOR GALLAGHER 8

Very lively in the No. 10 role and won the penalty for Ayew to put Swansea 3-0 up. Work rate was top notch, and he looked slick every time he got on the ball. Wonderful effort.

We usually post here when he scores or make a assist but even when he does not he always puts top performance. So consistent full season in two different clubs.

It is really amazing our situation with midfielders. If we get Havertz we would not need to buy new midfielder for years basically.

Barkley and possibly even RLC are worth sacrificing for Kai. Mount stays.

Deeper we have Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante and Gilmour.

Gallagher will eventually replace Kante or Jorginho when they leave since they are getting older. Ziyech can also play AM.

Attack is also pretty much set for years. Now we are after LB. 

All this means Kante and Jorginho money we can use if we have some weak spot in a year or two or afford some completely luxury signing...

• 2 weeks later...

Crystal Palace 'set to chase £10m Chelsea prospect Conor Gallagher' following impressive loan spells at Charlton and Swansea this season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8490735/Crystal-Palace-set-chase-10m-Chelsea-prospect-Conor-Gallagher-following-impressive-loan-spells.html

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Crystal Palace 'set to chase £10m Chelsea prospect Conor Gallagher' following impressive loan spells at Charlton and Swansea this season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8490735/Crystal-Palace-set-chase-10m-Chelsea-prospect-Conor-Gallagher-following-impressive-loan-spells.html

we are fools if we sell him now

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

we are fools if we sell him now

He won't be sold. For me, I wouldn't send him aboard. I would look at getting him a loan to a Brighton/Southampton/Bournemouth (if they stay up)/Brentford (if they come up) i.e. a ball playing lower PL side. 

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

just put the buyback clause if we're really sell him...

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

just put the buyback clause if we're really sell him...

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

He should be with us at least for pre season.

I imagine he will be. What is important for him is to get minutes so I want him on loan against next season. Whilst I love a youth product in the first team, it is also important that they play as much men's as possible between 18-22. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at what's going to be a intense schedule next season do we bring him back for his versatility or let him go somewhere he's going to play every week?

He can play DM, CM and winger to quite high standard, so with Gilmour out till October he could be back up DM, 4th/5th choice CM and 4th choice winger, he could even potentially be an emergency fullback Fabian Delph style (especially if we ask him to come inside for tactical purposes).

That type of versatility is vital for a squad game at the best of time, let alone with a schedule as packed as what next season's will be.