test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

3,810 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Wonder if people will think hes past it, like Cavani, bevause hes in his 30s.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

hard pass

NO NO NO

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wonder if people will think hes past it, like Cavani, bevause hes in his 30s.....

Mertens is nowhere near Cavani level

he is pretty much done as a top rate player soon and is tiny and would get bullied in the EPL now that his pace is rapidly fading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Strike said:

What's up with the lack of links to a left-back?  I was hoping that since Lamps has dropped  both Alonso and Emerson this season, a left-back would be priority

complete breakdown here

unless we are the mystery team with the 30m euro bid for Rayan Aït Nouri, looks like it is Chilwell or bust in the summer as it stands, which is very risky on multiple levels

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I think we're probably going to fuck around and panic buy Nathan Redmond just before the window closes.

😂😂😂

Atomiswave and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crystal Palace want to sign Angers left-back Rayan Aït-Nouri this month

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/crystal-palace-want-to-sign-angers-left-back-rayan-ait-nouri-this-month/

 

L’Équipe report that Premier League side Crystal Palace have decided that they want to sign 18-year-old Angers SCO left-back Rayan Aït-Nouri this month.

The player is contracted to Le SCO until 2021, who are asking for a considerable amount of money in order to sell a teenager whose interests are being managed by Jorge Mendes, believed to be in excess of €30m.

Palace have accelerated discussions in recent days, with several conversations with Angers and the player’s entourage having already taken place. The fee demand is making the conclusion of any agreement complicated for Roy Hodgson’s side at the moment.

Atletico Madrid remain in contact for the teenager, and Palace could face competition from them if they daddle much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Strike said:

What's up with the lack of links to a left-back?  I was hoping that since Lamps has dropped  both Alonso and Emerson this season, a left-back would be priority

I'm thinking the exact same thing, out of everythinf we need a left back the most.

If the board and Lampard think that we'll be fine with Alonso and Emerson for the rest of the season then they are clueless.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Lampard said he's surprised Dembele popped up so much over the last few days because he hasn't been discussing with the club about him BUT Lampard didn't explicitly rule him out when asked if Dembele is actually a target.

- Lampard reiterated the club will sign players if only the right ones are available.

- Lampard also said we are not close to signing anyone. 

Strike, killer1257, Vesper and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

- Lampard said he's surprised Dembele popped up so much over the last few days because he hasn't been discussing with the club about him BUT Lampard didn't explicitly rule him out when asked if Dembele is actually a target.

- Lampard reiterated the club will sign players if only the right ones are available.

- Lampard also said we are not close to signing anyone. 

I'm getting a hunch the players he wants are only gettable in the summer and we might  just stick with what we have

Strike, killer1257, Muzchap and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not close to signing anyone and our most dangerous attacking player Pulisic is out for a significant period now.

What a depressing press conference that was! 😣

Azul, Vesper, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Azul said:

I'm thinking the exact same thing, out of everythinf we need a left back the most.

If the board and Lampard think that we'll be fine with Alonso and Emerson for the rest of the season then they are clueless.

some think Azpi at LB is just great, lolol

Atomiswave and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Azul said:

I'm thinking the exact same thing, out of everythinf we need a left back the most.

If the board and Lampard think that we'll be fine with Alonso and Emerson for the rest of the season then they are clueless.

But buying in January is always gonna be a tricky situation, especially with our current state. Do we go buy 2nd/3rd rate players now for the short term benefit or do we try to cope with what we have for another 5 months or so and then go big in the summer? Buying average players in the winter transfer window is what has led us to having a mishmash squad of players, in terms of quality. 

Bosnian Blue, Strike and Muzchap like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

But buying in January is always gonna be a tricky situation, especially with our current state. Do we go buy 2nd/3rd rate players now for the short term benefit or do we try to cope with what we have for another 5 months or so and then go big in the summer? Buying average players in the winter transfer window is what has led us to having a mishmash squad of players, in terms of quality. 

Average players? I don't think that the only available leftbacks are average to be honest. Both Benfica and Porto got knocked out of the Champions League and both of these teams have two of the best leftbacks in the world in Grimaldo and Telles. I rate both of them higher than Chilwell who doesn't want to leave in January.

What bothers me is the lack of movement from the board in trying to actually sign what we need right now. If no one good is available, cool. But I don't even see a single rumour of us trying to sign a leftback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Azul said:

Average players? I don't think that the only available leftbacks are average to be honest. Both Benfica and Porto got knocked out of the Champions League and both of these teams have two of the best leftbacks in the world in Grimaldo and Telles. I rate both of them higher than Chilwell who doesn't want to leave in January.

What bothers me is the lack of movement from the board in trying to actually sign what we need right now. If no one good is available, cool. But I don't even see a single rumour of us trying to sign a leftback.

Not agreeing/disagreeing with you or anything but the board clearly have their plans - for the better or worse - if they aren't moving for a left back this month.

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Azul said:

Average players? I don't think that the only available leftbacks are average to be honest. Both Benfica and Porto got knocked out of the Champions League and both of these teams have two of the best leftbacks in the world in Grimaldo and Telles. I rate both of them higher than Chilwell who doesn't want to leave in January.

What bothers me is the lack of movement from the board in trying to actually sign what we need right now. If no one good is available, cool. But I don't even see a single rumour of us trying to sign a leftback.

No links might be a good thing because in recent year's we've brought a few players who have barely been mentioned amongst the rumour mills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our board will either look brilliant or like absolute morons for waiting until the summer. Especially if our primary targets end up at our PL rivals. Also pinning everything on whether or not we finish top 4.

Again, it just seems like utter madness to put such a massive burden on Tammy for a whole season.

Atomiswave and Azul like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.