test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

4,080 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
4 minutes ago, Fernando said:
I thought he already agreed a move with Atletico? 

Nope. Seems like wages is the sticking point

If that's the case get him asap. I much rather him for a short termism option then Dembele and Gabigol. 

Cavani is the best option then those two combine and better then the two we have. 

I still remember when I wanted to get Cavani instead of Torres. :cry:

Muzchap likes this

If that's the case get him asap. I much rather him for a short termism option then Dembele and Gabigol. 
Cavani is the best option then those two combine and better then the two we have. 
He's 33 in a months' time. Do we really want another short term signing?
Blue Armour likes this

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard did say we will sign players if the right ones are available. Since our first choice targets are unobtainable this month, then I guess you gotta consider is it worth going for the B-rate or even C-rate choices for the benefit for 4-5 months? Given our past record, I wouldn't rule us out signing dud players again but if the club are confident of landing those first choice targets in the summer, then it might be worth suffering for just a few more months. 

While true, I think it's even more risky to not buy anyone this month and wait until summer than it is to buy Zaha for instance now. What if we were to wait and don't finish in the top 4? We then suffer for 6 months in the current season and suffer again in the summer trying to buy from the top drawer.

It's a real dilemma. We're in a pretty precarious position right now where if Tammy picks up a lengthy injury we're beyond fucked. Pinning our entire fate this season on a 21 year old is sketchy.

Blue Armour and Strike like this

What is also needs to be considered is Tammy is the main starter, we play with 1 striker and the likes of Dembele will be looking at the big picture thinking why should I leave Lyon as a starter to go to Chelsea and play second fiddle.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

He's 33 in a months' time. Do we really want another short term signing?

Yes because no good striker are available right now. 

Muzchap likes this

So just bring him in and make him one of our highest earners?

There's a bigger picture to look at.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are all chasing Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare, who is likely to be sold this month, Sky Sports News has been told.

Vesper likes this

CHELSEA

Chelsea: Fans want club to go after Hakim Ziyech this month

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/chelsea/chelsea-fans-want-club-to-go-after-hakim-ziyech-this-month/

Another random toss-out

It will not stop until the window closes.

I can honestly say that I have zero clue who we buy or even if we buy anyone. Same for selling. Lots of talk and speculation,  zero concrete moves. Would not be shocked to even see the turgid Drinkwater back at the club as no team is going to loan him plus pay all of his crazy wages. Thanks Marina!!

Muzchap likes this

Ziyech would be a clever buy for say 30m. Good value, can play as a 10 or RW, in his best years, will be an improvement on most of our central and wide attacking players. Maybe wont be as good as he has been in that Ajax team but will still do well.

Nicco, Strike, Vesper and 1 other like this

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ziyech would be a clever buy for say 30m. Good value, can play as a 10 or RW, in his best years, will be an improvement on most of our central and wide attacking players. Maybe wont be as good as he has been in that Ajax team but will still do well.

left footed too

Vesper and OneMoSalah like this

11 hours ago, jandomi10 said:

Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are all chasing Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare, who is likely to be sold this month, Sky Sports News has been told.

This guy is a straight lunatic in midfield. Does shit you just dont expect. 

"As I say I won’t talk about Zaha because he is not a player of ours" - Frank Lampard last week 

"Pulisic is a Borussia Dortmund player and I don't want to talk about a player of another club. It's not professional, I think". - Maurizio Sarri one month before we signed Pulisic 

:ph34r:

Fernando and Muzchap like this

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

"As I say I won’t talk about Zaha because he is not a player of ours" - Frank Lampard last week 

"Pulisic is a Borussia Dortmund player and I don't want to talk about a player of another club. It's not professional, I think". - Mauricio Sarri one month before we signed Pulisic 

:ph34r:

Dont jinx it.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think he's a wing back so not sure how easily he could transition into a left back.

We only have to look at Alonso to know it's not a guarantee.

killer1257 likes this

19 hours ago, Fernando said:

I see you have learned well from the Falcao, pato etc etc scenarios.

killer1257 likes this