test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

3,844 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I mean why not? He seems extra at Bayern. They already have Hernandez and Davies. 

Alphonso Davies at LB has been the biggest shock in youth world football, he has been crazy good as a converted LB

I NEVER saw that coming (not even sure if Bayern did)

Bayern has (IMHO) 3 of the top 5 or 6 LB's in the world on their roster, plus the 2nd best RB (Kimmich) and another top 10 RB in Benjamin Pavard

not only is that an insane overflow of talent, but ALL of them also play different positions on a regular basis

they are weak in natural crunching DMF, and have massive winger issues due to injuries, no class CF if Lewa doesn't play, as well as injuries at CB (Hernandez included)

Muzchap and Atomiswave like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The Sun is reporting Chelsea has made a £200,000 a week offer for Zaha.

so have other sites (not sure if all are just riffing off the Sun, some are not)

it is going to fuck us about possibly with other wage/contract negotiations I fear

we cannot handle a wage load of 12-15 players on £8-10m a year or so (on cumulative average) plus 10 or so more on £4m or 5m per annum average (obviously those numbers are not exact)

we are not Real or Barca or Manure or Shitty, especially as we have SB as a revenue killer and are not a lock every year for CL

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I mean why not? He seems extra at Bayern. They already have Hernandez and Davies. 

In the summer, maybe. In January? Highly doubt it. Hernandez is currently out after a ligament injury to his ankle while Sule is out for the season with an ACL injury and Alaba has been used as a CB cover a lot this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, milka said:

Thoughts on Gabigol?

ENdSYSMX0AEYODu?format=jpg&name=900x900

Mediocre signing...

In the next 6 to 10 months...we gonna be looking for a way to ship him out either by loan deal or permanent transfer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pizy said:

I will be the lone Zaha fan club member when he signs. 👍🏼

I actually like Zaha. He is a decent player and I think he would suit our game but if it blocks getting Sancho ... then I'm not a fan of that deal because Sancho would take us to another level. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Bernardo Silva (25yo) is streets ahead of Zaha (and is left-footed so a perfect RWer for us, and can play AMF too)

you also forget a healthy Sane (24yo in a week) 

Martial (24yo) too (and he can play CF as well)

Richarlison (22yo) too (another one who can play CF) is another (being 5 years younger than Zaha as well is a big positive difference as well)

 

I rate Zaha 9th after those 8 (your 4 plus my 4)

My issues are age and price and a career-long lack of production (plenty of players produce decent numbers on shit teams)

plus his wage demands will be super high, we all know this, so a potential changing-room point of trouble with some of our lads in the middle of contractual negotiations

I think all in all he is worth around £50m or so, especially due to age, as we only get 2 full sub 30yo seasons out of him, and as I have tirelessly documented dozens of times, there are so few over 30yo wingers n the EPL (and globally so few who are decent), and almost all in the EPL are shit) There are NO EPL LWers over 27yo except for one, the just turned 30yo dregs that is Junior Stanislas. Let that sink in. At RW, there are only 4 over 30yo (we have 2 and one is soon gone) Aaron Lennon, Pedro (soon gone) Willian and Robert Snodgrass (not a pure winger either), plus two 30yo olds, Theo Walcott  and the just turned 30 Andrii Yarmolenko (who plays MF as well).

£80m plus around £52m in salary (£200K PW for 5 years, £41.6m if a 4 year contract) is madness for a 28yo at 3 months into next season Zaha.

His production at top flight is weak

38 goals in 219 games for top flight teams

basically a goal every 6 games

so 6 or 7 a year

is that worth £132m? especially as he will be basically worthless at the end of his contract

£3.5m PER GOAL based on his cumulative top-flight career production (granted he should score a bit more with us but still you get the point)

abacce9965ff64232d55fd68ecbe0361.png58d2a2e5a374a0e2e8c5d5d516ebc7c3.png

I like how much effort and time you put in your posts. BUT it's all bollocks! sorry he might come here and completely blow all that shit u just said out the water, dont for one second am having a pop at u because I am not, no offence you are not scout, I would take a player like zaha in a heartbeat, hes young fast powerful and is a left backs worst nightmare, he may not score goals for fun but fuck my life does the lad create them.

Costa19 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, milka said:

Thoughts on Gabigol?

ENdSYSMX0AEYODu?format=jpg&name=900x900

his numbers out on loan are very good. They say he failed at inter milan but only made 9 appearances

Muzchap and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lucio said:

his numbers out on loan are very good. They say he failed at inter milan but only made 9 appearances

They were concerned about his attitude and application when he was there though as well as his lack of performances in Italy and not to mention his loan spell in Portugal.

lucio likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I like how much effort and time you put in your posts. BUT it's all bollocks! sorry he might come here and completely blow all that shit u just said out the water, dont for one second am having a pop at u because I am not, no offence you are not scout, I would take a player like zaha in a heartbeat, hes young fast powerful and is a left backs worst nightmare, he may not score goals for fun but fuck my life does the lad create them.

He's not young 🤯🤯🤯🤯

He is on the downward slope of his career

Vesper and Atomiswave like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

He's not young 🤯🤯🤯🤯

He is on the downward slope of his career

Oh yeah 27 forgot fucking well old you kidding me? And how the hell is he on a downward slope? Hazzard had bad patches here some very bad patches didnt stop real Madrid buying him did it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I like how much effort and time you put in your posts. BUT it's all bollocks! sorry he might come here and completely blow all that shit u just said out the water, dont for one second am having a pop at u because I am not, no offence you are not scout, I would take a player like zaha in a heartbeat, hes young fast powerful and is a left backs worst nightmare, he may not score goals for fun but fuck my life does the lad create them.

lol at young (in terms of what is young for an EPL winger)

smdh

and we must have been watching different Palaces in parallel universes  over the past 5 plus years given how much you slather Zaha with praise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, milka said:

Thoughts on Gabigol?

ENdSYSMX0AEYODu?format=jpg&name=900x900

still think the rumour is nonsense, all italian media refer to the Express and daily star in their reports.  It feels like we got our name mentioned once and its taken off from there... if he joins then ill back him as his performances have improved at Flamengo, but its not exactly a tough league.   Hasn't done much in Europe.   

 

But yeh, i just think this rumour is maybe not quite what it seems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Oh yeah 27 forgot fucking well old you kidding me? And how the hell is he on a downward slope? Hazzard had bad patches here some very bad patches didnt stop real Madrid buying him did it 

Come now your not comparing Eden to Zaha are you, one kept the Chels weight on his shoulders for years and years and mostly regarded as a top 5 player, then you have Zaha. I just dont rate him highly at all, we need players to make us better, to take us that extra step of becoming better, he aint it imo. Then you factor in his wages, his fee, nahh we must do better.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Bernardo Silva (25yo) is streets ahead of Zaha (and is left-footed so a perfect RWer for us, and can play AMF too)

you also forget a healthy Sane (24yo in a week) 

Martial (24yo) too (and he can play CF as well)

Richarlison (22yo) too (another one who can play CF) is another (being 5 years younger than Zaha as well is a big positive difference as well)

 

I rate Zaha 9th after those 8 (your 4 plus my 4)

My issues are age and price and a career-long lack of production (plenty of players produce decent numbers on shit teams)

plus his wage demands will be super high, we all know this, so a potential changing-room point of trouble with some of our lads in the middle of contractual negotiations

I think all in all he is worth around £50m or so, especially due to age, as we only get 2 full sub 30yo seasons out of him, and as I have tirelessly documented dozens of times, there are so few over 30yo wingers n the EPL (and globally so few who are decent), and almost all in the EPL are shit) There are NO EPL LWers over 27yo except for one, the just turned 30yo dregs that is Junior Stanislas. Let that sink in. At RW, there are only 4 over 30yo (we have 2 and one is soon gone) Aaron Lennon, Pedro (soon gone) Willian and Robert Snodgrass (not a pure winger either), plus two 30yo olds, Theo Walcott  and the just turned 30 Andrii Yarmolenko (who plays MF as well).

£80m plus around £52m in salary (£200K PW for 5 years, £41.6m if a 4 year contract) is madness for a 28yo at 3 months into next season Zaha.

His production at top flight is weak

38 goals in 219 games for top flight teams

basically a goal every 6 games

so 6 or 7 a year

is that worth £132m? especially as he will be basically worthless at the end of his contract

£3.5m PER GOAL based on his cumulative top-flight career production (granted he should score a bit more with us but still you get the point)

abacce9965ff64232d55fd68ecbe0361.png58d2a2e5a374a0e2e8c5d5d516ebc7c3.png

I'm pretty neutral over Zaha. 

I think looking at his stats you have to take the last 2-3 seasons as a snapshot rather than his whole career because he's clearly kicked on in that time. He's been closer to averaging 1 in 3 the two seasons prior to this one which isn't bad at all for a wide player. Adding 8-10 goals a season to Tammy's goals right now would be a boost to winning a few extra points that we haven't recently.

The biggest question mark is if he is someone who thrives from the step up playing with better players (Van Dijk, Kante, etc) or is Palace his level. Does he feel more comfortable being the main man at a smaller club and thrive off that responsibility. Lots of people on this forum used to bash the club for not surrounding Hazard with better players and that he would 'blow up' in a more attacking team but so far he's been average at best at Madrid and perhaps Chelsea suited him where we were set up to allow him freedom to play and be the main player.

His age doesn't concern me too much because, for me, we have two of the most promising young wide players in world football who should take over that mantle anyway in 2-3 years time. I'm pretty sure we could get at least 3 years of high productivity before the decline kicks in.

We could do far worse than Zaha in my opinion, however I do feel that the £80m being quoted is too much. If he was closer to £50-60m I think it would be a really good deal to pursue. 

Tomo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our front line this season usually is:

         Abraham 

Pulisic Mount Willian

They are OK in terms of goals but our backup options: Giroud, Michy, CHO, Pedro and Barkley all five combined have just two PL/CL goals in 27 games!? Unacceptable! We need to upgrade there big time so even our starters can become backup options. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now