test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

3,812 posts in this topic
On 1/3/2020 at 8:55 AM, Jason said:

It's strange to think that Germany have produced lots of talented, technical attacking players over the last decade but none of them scream consistency or have been consistent. Draxler, Gotze, Brandt and even Reus to name a few. It's almost as if the mental side of the game has been forgoed. 

Reus's problems were always injuries, he is an insane talent, crazy good player

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard pulls plug on Wilfried Zaha transfer over dressing room concern

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1223726/Chelsea-transfer-news-Wilfried-Zaha-deal-snub-Frank-Lampard-dressing-room-gossip-update

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has pulled the plug on a transfer for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha. The Blues manager has cooled on the Ivory Coast international because of his extortionate wage demands.

Zaha is said to want a whopping £200,000-a-week to move to Stamford Bridge but there are concerns at how that would go down in the dressing room. Only two players currently in the first-team at Chelsea earn sums in that region – something Lampard is keen not to disrupt.

Transfer expert Ian McGarry also believes it could impact ongoing contract negotiations with the likes of Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount if Zaha was paid the huge wages. He told Reach PLC’s Transfer Window Podcast: “They also had an interest in Crystal Palace’s left-sided attacking midfielder Wilfried Zaha, similar kind of player but 28. “I’m told that the wages Zaha is asking for Chelsea believe would upset their dressing room. “He wants in excess of £200,000-a-week. Currently there are only two players on that money at Chelsea which you may find surprising.

snip

Ian McGarry has a history of talking BS and seemed to be the case here as well when he doesn't know that Mount has already signed a new contract.

20 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Why not Jovic on loan with option to buy?...

Is he that bad in Santiago Bernabeu?...

And you think Real will let him go because...? 

20 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Why not Jovic on loan with option to buy?...

Is he that bad in Santiago Bernabeu?...

Real Madrid: "The problem with Jovic is Jovic"

Ljubisa Tumbakovic, manager of the Serbian national team, has spoken out about what he feels are the issues with Los Blancos' €60-million striker.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/01/02/football/1577995644_124753.html

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Ian McGarry has a history of talking BS and seemed to be the case here as well when he doesn't know that Mount has already signed a new contract.

Can't believe he's still going. Mcgarry is the ultimate bullshiter

NikkiCFC likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

he just said this too

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1223788/Jadon-Sancho-Chelsea-transfer-decision-made-Frank-Lampard-Dortmund-latest-news-gossip

Transfer expert Ian McGarry claims Dortmund demanded £103million for Sancho.

And he believes there would be an additional £42.6m which would go to the winger’s agent making it a huge outlay for Chelsea.

Sancho has also been linked with Liverpool and Manchester United in recent weeks with his Dortmund career seemingly coming to an end.

snip

IF true

zero chance we dump out £145m (and if the pound goes down versus the euro it could quickly move to over £150m)

for him, hell no

fucking criminal cunt agents

Emeka Obasi <<<< his agent (Elite Project Group LTD)

Atomiswave likes this

Just now, Alabama said:

But Zidane aint going to drop Karim who is on on fine form anytime soon...

Doesn't mean they're just going to let him go and leave themselves short on option. Also, if Jovic is part of their long term plan, what good does it do if he is loaned out after just 6 months when he's probably better off staying, trying to settle in etc?

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he just said this too

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1223788/Jadon-Sancho-Chelsea-transfer-decision-made-Frank-Lampard-Dortmund-latest-news-gossip

Transfer expert Ian McGarry claims Dortmund demanded £103million for Sancho.

And he believes there would be an additional £42.6m which would go to the winger’s agent making it a huge outlay for Chelsea.

Sancho has also been linked with Liverpool and Manchester United in recent weeks with his Dortmund career seemingly coming to an end.

snip

IF true

zero chance we dump out £145m (and if the pound goes down versus the euro it could quickly move to over £150m)

for him, hell no

fucking criminal cunt agents

Emeka Obasi <<<< his agent (Elite Project Group LTD)

He chats shit. Says it all when he's quoted by the likes of Daily Express. 

ulsterchelsea and Muzchap like this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Doesn't mean they're just going to let him go and leave themselves short on option. Also, if Jovic is part of their long term plan, what good does it do if he is loaned out after just 6 months when he's probably better off staying, trying to settle in etc?

Anyway I would rather we wait till summer and go all out for Werner or Dembele and Sancho when they will available for transfer than sign mediocre players now that will add up the long list of shambolic players in our squad...All our other alternatives with few exception have mediocrity written over them...

But our attack and defense scream for urgent help...

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

He chats shit. Says it all when he's quoted by the likes of Daily Express. 

the actual transfer fee is fair

but if the agent really wants bloody £42m

that's a deal killer

Atomiswave likes this

Regarding Nathan Ake, it sort of makes sense that we haven't rushed in to activate the buy-back clause. Is he a very solid, modern CB who would improve the squad? Yes. But is he clearly better than what we already have? That I'm not so sure about. Having thought about it more, I'm wondering whose place he would even take? His skill set and ability are pretty much the same as Tomori's.

Doesn't it feel like any CB we target should be a dramatic upgrade? Trouble is, there aren't many VVD's or Harry Maguire's out there. We need that sort of player who is physically dominant and can command the defense but is also great with the ball. Zouma has the first part but is an accident waiting to happen anywhere near the ball.

Other than Koulibaly I'm not even familiar with who the current hot properties are in the CB market.

killer1257, Muzchap and El P. like this

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

the actual transfer fee is fair

but if the agent really wants bloody £42m

that's a deal killer

Could well be chatting shit, that's what I meant. 

Vesper likes this

Just now, Pizy said:

Regarding Nathan Ake, it sort of makes sense that we haven't rushed in to activate the buy-back clause. Is he a very solid, modern CB who would improve the squad? Yes. But is he clearly better than what we already have? That I'm not so sure about. Having thought about it more, I'm wondering whose place he would even take? His skill set and ability are pretty much the same as Tomori's.

Doesn't it feel like any CB we target should be a dramatic upgrade? Trouble is, there aren't many VVD's or Harry Maguire's out there. We need that sort of player who is physically dominant and can command the defense but is also great with the ball. Zouma has the first part but is an accident waiting to happen anywhere near the ball.

Other than Koulibaly I'm not even familiar with who the current hot properties are in the CB market.

My concern about the Ake situation is why we have not decided whether to buy him back or not. If the latest reports are to be believed, it still seems like we're dilly-dallying over it. Either get him now, ASAP when we have some free weeks coming up so that he can settle in etc or just decide 'no' and we move on. 

Vesper likes this

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Could well be chatting shit, that's what I meant. 

might be, I guess we see what happens in the summer

unless we end up buying Zaha (if we do that will mean dozens of articles were talking a different line of bullshit)

and even then, someone will buy him, so we find out that way

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

My concern about the Ake situation is why we have not decided whether to buy him back or not. If the latest reports are to be believed, it still seems like we're dilly-dallying over it. Either get him now, ASAP when we have some free weeks coming up so that he can settle in etc or just decide 'no' and we move on. 

Yeah, you would think that if we were keen we'd have already moved. Maybe waiting on his injury?

I know it's kind of petty to sign players simply to stop your rivals from doing so, but maybe we should just snatch him up before Arse or City do. He'd be a dramatic improvement at Arse and could be a long term partner for Laporte at City.

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Harry Maguire is staggeringly overrated

the best CB's on the planet atm IMHO (this does not mean they are available as of now or that we should try and buy them, for example, Koulibaly is too old for the monet Napoli want, it is madness to pay £100m for one full season under 30yo)

1 VVD

2 Raphaël Varane

3 Kalidou Koulibaly

4 Aymeric Laporte (when healthy)

5 Milan Skriniar

6 José Giménez  

7 Marquinhos

8 Alessio Romagnoli  

9  Ibrahima Konaté (when healthy)

10 Matthijs de Ligt (has fallen off a bit, I expect him to rise again as some age off)

11 Lucas Hernández   

12 Rúben Dias

13 Clément Lenglet

14 Dayot Upamecano  

15 Antonio Rüdiger  

16 Caglar Söyüncü  

17  Stefan de Vrij  

18 Harry Maguire

19 Diego Carlos

20  Éder Militão

21 Gerard Piqué (age)

22 Niklas Süle

23 Benjamin Pavard

24 Iñigo Martínez

25 Diego Godin (age)

26 Joel Matip

27 Yeray Álvarez

28 Nico Elvedi

29 Samuel Umtiti (when healthy)

30  Konstantinos Manolas

Chelsea are cooling their interest in Borussia Dortmund forward Jadon Sancho because Frank Lampard believes bringing in a new striker is more important. (Times)

expected :D  maybe Zaha for  €75.00m and £180,000  per week

Fernando and Vesper like this