test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

6,443 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Who knows if it will happen this window, but that statement does not mean it wont

 

 

wrong

Chelsea warned off trying to sign Lyon striker Moussa Dembele in January transfer window

Chelsea have been warned off a January bid for Moussa Dembele after Lyon took the unusual step of publicly reaffirming their desire to keep the striker.

It is now up to Dembele whether or not he pushes for a possible move to Chelsea this month or accepts his club’s stance.

Dembele is one of a number of forwards Chelsea have been considering to bolster head coach Frank Lampard’s attacking options.

Chelsea have tracked Dembele’s progress since he was at Celtic and French reports have linked the Blues with a cash-plus-Olivier Giroud bid for the 23 year-old.

 

snip

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal join January battle to sign Nathan Ake after Calum Chambers injury alters Mikel Arteta transfer plans

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/01/02/arsenal-join-january-battle-sign-nathan-ake-calum-chambers-injury/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

ba318497762df40d32656bd8b9d1958b.png

Arsenal are set to join the January tug-of-war for Nathan Ake that could involve as many as five Premier League clubs after Mikel Arteta admitted that the injury to Calum Chambers has changed his transfer plans.

Chambers underwent surgery on Thursday after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament on his left knee in the defeat to Chelsea and Arsenal confirmed he will be out for between six to nine months.

Chelsea remain favourites to re-sign Ake thanks to an agreement that they can buy him for £40 million as part of the deal that took the defender to Bournemouth in 2017.

But Chelsea are facing the growing threat of competition for Ake if they do not complete the signing early in this month’s transfer window.

Arsenal have placed Ake high on their list of potential replacements for Chambers, along with Red Bull Leipzig’s Dayot Upamenco, while Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Everton are also monitoring his situation.

 

snip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our interest in Moussa Dembele is legit. It means Lamps is trying to sign a decent rotation option for 35m before spending in the summer. Not a bad idea because good players are available, have release clauses in the summer. But is there no one better than Dembele available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DANI OLMO

FORWARD OF  ZAGREB DYNAMO

"If there is an agreement between clubs, it is better to leave now"

 "I have made merits in taking another step in my career. Dinamo agrees that I have already hit the ceiling in Croatia and is open to listen to offers ”

 "I do not know if Barça want me now or at the end of the season, it is a matter that my representatives control"

https://www.lesportiudecatalunya.cat/barca/article/1718322-si-hi-ha-acord-entre-clubs-es-millor-sortir-ara.html

 

he wants to leave this January

but it sounds like he wants to go back to Barca

Chelsea Transfer News Dani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Vesper said:

wrong

Chelsea warned off trying to sign Lyon striker Moussa Dembele in January transfer window

Chelsea have been warned off a January bid for Moussa Dembele after Lyon took the unusual step of publicly reaffirming their desire to keep the striker.

It is now up to Dembele whether or not he pushes for a possible move to Chelsea this month or accepts his club’s stance.

Dembele is one of a number of forwards Chelsea have been considering to bolster head coach Frank Lampard’s attacking options.

Chelsea have tracked Dembele’s progress since he was at Celtic and French reports have linked the Blues with a cash-plus-Olivier Giroud bid for the 23 year-old.

 

snip

Unfortunately he might be right, Lyon released the same statement a few days before Lacazette and Mendy left for Arsenal and Madrid. Hopefully they don't bulge from what they say because he is bang average.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

DANI OLMO

FORWARD OF  ZAGREB DYNAMO

"If there is an agreement between clubs, it is better to leave now"

 "I have made merits in taking another step in my career. Dinamo agrees that I have already hit the ceiling in Croatia and is open to listen to offers ”

 "I do not know if Barça want me now or at the end of the season, it is a matter that my representatives control"

https://www.lesportiudecatalunya.cat/barca/article/1718322-si-hi-ha-acord-entre-clubs-es-millor-sortir-ara.html

 

he wants to leave this January

but it sounds like he wast to go back to Barca

Chelsea Transfer News Dani

This means Ousmane is leaving Barca. If we don't get Sancho or Olmo, Dembele should be on our list, worth the risk.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nicco said:

This means Ousmane is leaving Barca. If we don't get Sancho or Olmo, Dembele should be on our list, worth the risk.

depends on the price though

Manure know they have a ticking time-bomb on their hands with Pogba

he not only needs surgery again, and his contract ends in 18 months

BUT the twat Mino Raiola is blasting the team publicly and promising disruption

and STILL

Manure come out with a take it or leave it price

of £150m!

Barca may try the same shit with Dembele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vesper said:

depends on the price though

Manure know they have a ticking time-bomb on their hands with Pogba

he not only needs surgery again, and his contract ends in 18 months

BUT the twat Mino Raiola is blasting the team publicly and promising disruption

and STILL

Manure come out with a take it or leave it price

of £150m!

Barca may try the same shit with Dembele

Pretty sure he will be loaned out with an option to buy like Coutinho and James.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nicco said:

Pretty sure he will be loaned out with an option to buy like Coutinho and James.

if his strike price for the option is fair

I am interested

he has insane upside

the problem is he has massive risk as well, especially if we are talking £80m or more (likely more)

Nicco and OhForAGreavsie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vesper said:

he has only had one and half good seasons ever

2012/13 with Schalke, when as an 18/19yo he had a huge breakthrough that led to his being on the 2014 WC winners

99caccf59fb6f8fc680ff5da1dccbfbc.png

and then his first half year at PSG (he came in January 2017)

4f43dba03ddf689fde228ca2670c4b0f.png880e6df1bf2f7413dec216a55c6c29eb.pnge62b90f7645c7e66e021b9d2aa1a7a58.png

other than those 18 months

he has been pedestrian at best

It's strange to think that Germany have produced lots of talented, technical attacking players over the last decade but none of them scream consistency or have been consistent. Draxler, Gotze, Brandt and even Reus to name a few. It's almost as if the mental side of the game has been forgoed. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Arsenal join January battle to sign Nathan Ake after Calum Chambers injury alters Mikel Arteta transfer plans

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/01/02/arsenal-join-january-battle-sign-nathan-ake-calum-chambers-injury/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

ba318497762df40d32656bd8b9d1958b.png

Arsenal are set to join the January tug-of-war for Nathan Ake that could involve as many as five Premier League clubs after Mikel Arteta admitted that the injury to Calum Chambers has changed his transfer plans.

Chambers underwent surgery on Thursday after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament on his left knee in the defeat to Chelsea and Arsenal confirmed he will be out for between six to nine months.

Chelsea remain favourites to re-sign Ake thanks to an agreement that they can buy him for £40 million as part of the deal that took the defender to Bournemouth in 2017.

But Chelsea are facing the growing threat of competition for Ake if they do not complete the signing early in this month’s transfer window.

Arsenal have placed Ake high on their list of potential replacements for Chambers, along with Red Bull Leipzig’s Dayot Upamenco, while Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Everton are also monitoring his situation.

 

snip

Did you not say the other day that you thought these buy back clauses were a guarantee that he would re-join and there is nothing that club or player can do about it?

I disputed that and Matt Law seems to agree with this notion as he's suggested due to our buy back clause that Bournemouth would likely have to accept offers only slightly higher than this from other clubs too, i.e. giving Ake a choice of clubs and not just guaranteeing he comes back to us.

I'm sure first refusals, etc all work in the same way. You can't force a player to move if they don't want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Did you not say the other day that you thought these buy back clauses were a guarantee that he would re-join and there is nothing that club or player can do about it?

I disputed that and Matt Law seems to agree with this notion as he's suggested due to our buy back clause that Bournemouth would likely have to accept offers only slightly higher than this from other clubs too, i.e. giving Ake a choice of clubs and not just guaranteeing he comes back to us.

I'm sure first refusals, etc all work in the same way. You can't force a player to move if they don't want to. 

No, Ake is a straight buy back clause, not a first refusal. Bournemouth has to accept. The player has no choice in the matter. It expires before the summer window. I do not know why you continue to argue about a straight buyback clause (first refusal is more nebulous) when I already proved I was correct. It is becoming pedantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

It's going to be the likes of Ake, Zaha, Olmo and Dembele and not Werner, Sancho etc

It might not be any of those, at least until summer. I have posted on each before.

1. Unless he is bullshitting (quite likely??) Lamps is hesitant to buyback Ake and he thinks AC can come good. (Stupid move IMHO, as Ake can play LB as well, at least better than wrong-footed Azpi)

2. Lamps just said he has had no real interest in Zaha. (I like this)

3. Olmo prefers to go back to Barca. (Big potential miss, but not a true 'gutted feeling' atm.) I am more gutted fucking Juve snapped up Dejan Kulusevski. There are still two of my 3 young, left-footed big pacey RW/AMF hybrids left, Dominik Szoboszlai of RB Salzburg and Nicolò Zaniolo of Roma. I woukd buy them both if we miss on Olmo and Sancho as they both play 2 positions. Most of my targets I push get purchased by big big clubs and most (obviously not all, I am not infallible) perform well, so I at least have that affirmation. Shame it is almost never us who do the buying. 

4. Lyon said no sale in January for Dembele via an official club statement (very rare event)

Werner and/or Sancho in January still are slightly possible, if not likely. That assumes (there is confusion still) that Werner's release clause is now in effect and not for summer 2020 only.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FUCK that scouser nob Steve Nichol.

I wanted to go through the screen and kick him in the jacobs.

Telling Sancho to not go to Chelsea and to go to Liverpool because he will not play at Chels because of (laughable, especially as Liverpool have the best pair of wingers in the world) MOUNT AND CHO.

WTF!

January window is only 2 and half days old and that Bindipper twat has already wrapped up the 'Stupidest, Most Biased Cunt Comment of the Month' Award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nicco said:

Unfortunately he might be right, Lyon released the same statement a few days before Lacazette and Mendy left for Arsenal and Madrid. Hopefully they don't bulge from what they say because he is bang average.

Those were summer signings though. This statement only talks about the January window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea will be better off saving their bank for summer. With all the prime targets off the market, what is left will be severely over valued. I wish Lampard would see we really do need Ake. We struggle every week to put together a consistent back line. If not for three beautiful saves by Kepa, we would have lost 3 or 4 to 1 last week. 

NikkiCFC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now