test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

3,811 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Strike said:

By this logic, it is happening isn't it? I just hope it is 40 mil and not 70 + as quoted in the summer. 

I think Everton was quoted £80m. Eeeek.

Shit, we should just offer a cheeky bid to Barca

Willian plus £60m for Dembele 

They offered £45m for him (Willian) 6 months ago, which was £20m LESS than they offered in summer 2018. As goodwill gesture we drop Willian valuation down £15 m to £30m.

So total value IN EUROS (as the pound is so strong now) to Barca for that deal for Demebel is around 107m EUROS. 

Their initial fee when they bought him was 105m EUROS plus a shit tonne of POTENTIAL add-ons, which he is not hitting most of.

So they save face, can say they actually skimmed a 2m euro profit off that initial fee, we get out from under the Willian contractual shit, and take a punt on a potential top 10 in world AMBIPEDAL winger who can play all 3 positions up top and is still only 22 for HALF the cash (as Willian walks on a free if we do not renew) that Sancho would cost, and also probably less that the cost of Zaha now, and Dembele is 5 years younger than Zaha as well.

Lamps can screw the lad's head on straight, and Kante can help.

I am only half kidding on this, maybe less than half. Demebele/Pulisic was a CRAZY dangerous combo back at Borussia Dortmund,  and Pulisic is twice the player now. If Demebele stays healthy and just is eased in and treated with firmness yet respect,  we might have pulled off one of the steals of the decade. Zaha is every bit the gamble and due to age, if he busts and we give him two years, the next team that buys him would be getting a player who is almost 30 years old (in 3 months), so far less resale than the 70m or so quid we dump out now.

Just a crazy thought IF the Sancho deal goes south.

I like Lampard's words after the game last night. It is better to strengthen in attack. Rudiger, Tomori and Zouma are decent centre-back options. Only area to strengthen would be left-back and there seems no one available. 

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

I like Lampard's words after the game last night. It is better to strengthen in attack. Rudiger, Tomori and Zouma are decent centre-back options. Only area to strengthen would be left-back and there seems no one available. 

Alex Telles, £33.7m release clause can be done in January. Sell Alonso in January to cover most or at least a large chunk, many teams want him, Conte at Inter have said openly they want him.

Then, in summer, sell Emerson to Juve (they have wanted him for 2 summers at that point) take that cash to partially fund Chilwell buy. OR use Emerson as makeweight with Leicester as they will need a new LB to replace Chilwell.

We then have two great left backs for a total net cash spend of only around £45 to £55m or so and lord knows we have the games to give them plenty of minutes. Pep is burning through THREE atm, due to injuries and rotation, and both of ours at that point are better than anything he has as of now, plus we block him on Chilwell (and block all other clubs.)

Fernando likes this

If we can somehow get the price down to about £60m I'm starting to come round to the idea of Zaha. With Tammy's emergence another striker that can double up as a winger is handy, no striker worth their salt will come in just to play back up.

We should try and use our connections with Palace to our advantage, we've done them solids with Ruben and Michy which has helped keep them in the PL especially in the formers case, something like offering them first refusal on the players we make available for loan in the next couple of years or even Michy as a makeweight could go a long way.

Much as I love Zaha, he isn't what you would describe as a clinical goal scorer as Frank wants to see. I'd take him for sure, but I'd say we'd still need another natural striker.

31 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we can somehow get the price down to about £60m I'm starting to come round to the idea of Zaha. With Tammy's emergence another striker that can double up as a winger is handy, no striker worth their salt will come in just to play back up.

We should try and use our connections with Palace to our advantage, we've done them solids with Ruben and Michy which has helped keep them in the PL especially in the formers case, something like offering them first refusal on the players we make available for loan in the next couple of years or even Michy as a makeweight could go a long way.

I think Michy as a makeweight would be an ideal scenario to be able to offload him and to bring the price down but that would likely still leave us with the same problem because Giroud will also want to leave. Tammy and Zaha would leave us even thinner.

I like the idea of a top player being able to play multiple positions in attack and thereby covering the striker role. It's clear that if Tammy keeps developing and scoring at the rate he is then he'll keep the position locked down.

Another possible alternative, but it would be short term, is whether we looked at Mertens or Cavani to come in for 18 months, 2 years or something? Both have a degree of flexibility to play out wide or as the central striker so can, like Zaha, be more accommodated. I believe both have contracts up at the end of this season too so would likely be relatively cheap. It would then allow us to focus our transfer budget on other areas of the team that need sorting out and we would also have a much better idea of the level Tammy is likely to reach within another 12-18 months as to whether he is definitely the long term solution or do we need to go big for someone else again.

Fernando and Tomo like this

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

how to get Alex Telles in January AND Chillwell in the summer for only a combined net spend of £45m to 60m TOTAL for both

sorts our LB shitshow out right proper 

How would that work out in terms of squad balance? Would either accept being a backup?

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

How would that work out in terms of squad balance? Would either accept being a backup?

I think we have enough games, comps, and rotational opportunities to make it work, plus what are the odds they both stay healthy for the next 200 games?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

fucking greed hogs Barca

a pox on them and Real!!!!!

both those clubs are out of control

and if you think it bad now, wait until they open up both of their mega renovation stadiums and complexes

Camp Nou will hold 105,000

Santiago Bernabéu 

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think we have enough games, comps, and rotational opportunities to make it work, plus what are the odds they both stay healthy for the next 200 games?

Try explaining their agents that there is a 50-50 chance their client will be mostly playing low profile games. However if we throw money at them, then sure. If we did get both though I'd be over the moon. I think our best bet is to keep Emerson as backup and competition to whoever new LB will be, he is good enough for that.

Alonso is a goner though, thank fuck. :P Good to see Lamps isn't doing an Ivanovic with him.

Vesper likes this

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Same here. Price tag aside, I am coming around the idea of zaha. And possibly dembele (Lyon) in the summer. We would have Tammy, dembele, zaha, pulisic, Cho, willian/new rw for 3 positions.

Anyhow, if we were languishing in 6/7th with no hope of top 4, I would have said fuck it, all things to be done in summer when everything is possible. But given our current position and lamps' total and complete lack of trust in giroud and michy, we need someone right now. And zaha fits the bill well (in terms of back up striker and winger option).

Tomo likes this

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Maybe Giroud can be the make weight since he intends to leave and that will give us Tammy Zaha and Bats in attack. Handy

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wonder if they're only the board's targets OR Lampard's & the board's targets as well...

IF we grab them both I am sure Lamps has signed off on it

hell, maybe he turns Zaha into a goal machine

I am not going to go insta-bitch if we do buy him

I will give him some time to prove me wrong

and Ake is a given and I so approve, I just do not want only him as CB upgrade

in the summer I beg of the board to sell both AC (sell him in January if Ake comes in) and Zouma and buy Romagnoli

I would rather have Telles or Grimaldo at LB and keep Emerson as backup as long as we buy Romagnoli than to only buy Ake and Chilwell and no Romagnoli

Zouma is a menace (not in a good way) playing the ball out and he is back to his old poor positional tricks

everyone gets infatuated with his brute strength and size, but we are not an American NFL football team where he is our strong safety, and he just is too lacking in too many key metrics

he means well, and is a great bloke, but as long as he is here and playing a lot, we are all going to having these conversation for the next 5 years

believe me, I SO wish it were otherwise

I have always liked him, (I used to do a dance when Mou brought him on with 10, 20 minutes to go to play roving destroyer, and it meant we are closing up shop on the way to another clean sheet (ahhh, the good old days, sigh) this is not an Alonso or Drinkwater situation