test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

6,414 posts in this topic
44 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

There is nothing ambitious about BC....imo of course.

If Chilwell costs say around 30-40 million, would you take him?

I'm neither pro or anti Chilwell here but what I would say is, some times signing the less obvious players can turn out to be a good thing. I know we have had Zappacosta and average players in those categories but we also have the likes of Azpi, Ivanovic and even Cahill as good examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I guess we used most of Morata money for Ziyech

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
 

adding up all the done and/or contractually mandated or optioned sale (ie Morata, Palasic) and then subtracting out the Kovacic and Ziyech buys

we still have £127m in the transfer kitty to the good in terms of pure fees spent and gained on transfers (this is a running total back to 2018) It does not include loan fees gained or spent, nor salaries, strictly transfers in and out, and it assigns only £90m for Eden

I have been documenting this since I joined the board, more or less, sheloads of posts with full documentation

Atomiswave and killer1257 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jason said:

If Chilwell costs say around 30-40 million, would you take him?

 

£35m and it's welcome to Chelsea Ben

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we could still have a chance to snatch Telles

PSG : accord en vue pour Icardi, le dossier Telles en stand-by

Rien n’est encore bouclé entre le FC Porto et le PSG pour le transfert du latéral brésilien Alex Telles. En revanche, le dossier Mauro Icardi avance bien.

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/psg-accord-en-vue-pour-icardi-le-dossier-telles-en-stand-by-27-05-2020-8324619.php

Alex Telles will he swell the ranks of the Brazilian colony of PSG next season? Wednesday, the Portuguese newspaper A Bola asserts in One that the case is concluded between FC Porto and PSG for 25 million euros. The 27-year-old side will only have to initial his contract.

The profile of Telles , quite close to that of Juan Bernat, pleases Leonardo in the prospect of replacing Layvin Kurzawa, who is forced to leave Paris at the end of his contract this summer. But this interest does not already make the former defender of Inter Milan the first Parisian rookie after Covid-19.

According to our information, nothing is done between Paris and the one who is also coveted by two other European cadors. "At the moment, no big transfer is coming to an end," says someone close to the case. Everyone is in the dark. "
Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jason said:

If Chilwell costs say around 30-40 million, would you take him?

I'm neither pro or anti Chilwell here but what I would say is, some times signing the less obvious players can turn out to be a good thing. I know we have had Zappacosta and average players in those categories but we also have the likes of Azpi, Ivanovic and even Cahill as good examples.

I think at that point his price is much closer to those being quoted for Telles and Tagliafico, and then you can start to factor in how much easier he may find it to fit into what is becoming a core group of young British players, his experience of playing in the Premier League, and his age compared to alternative options. I am similar to you, I'm not overly pro or anti Chilwell. I think he was hyped too much earlier in the season as his defensive game still needs work and developing (which has been highlighted in recent times) but he does appear to have a lot of upside. My biggest worry has always been the price, and even in these times I see no reason for Leicester to drop their valuation significantly. They've already proven they're willing to hold on firm for the price they want (Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire). At the figures that have been quoted the last few months, I think its far too much.

I think there's a bit of a difference with the three you highlighted. All were purchased for relatively cheap prices (I think all were under £10m) and they were all purchased initially as squad players to add to what we already had, so I don't think the initial pressure or expectation was there. All three proved to be phenomenal signings for us considering the fees paid and the service received. I think in someone like Chilwell's case though he'd be being brought for a lot more money and coming in as first choice and expected to fill a gap us fans have highlighted as one of our biggest problems in the team in recent times. There's a lot more expectation placed on that.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think at that point his price is much closer to those being quoted for Telles and Tagliafico, and then you can start to factor in how much easier he may find it to fit into what is becoming a core group of young British players, his experience of playing in the Premier League, and his age compared to alternative options. I am similar to you, I'm not overly pro or anti Chilwell. I think he was hyped too much earlier in the season as his defensive game still needs work and developing (which has been highlighted in recent times) but he does appear to have a lot of upside. My biggest worry has always been the price, and even in these times I see no reason for Leicester to drop their valuation significantly. They've already proven they're willing to hold on firm for the price they want (Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire). At the figures that have been quoted the last few months, I think its far too much.

I think there's a bit of a difference with the three you highlighted. All were purchased for relatively cheap prices (I think all were under £10m) and they were all purchased initially as squad players to add to what we already had, so I don't think the initial pressure or expectation was there. All three proved to be phenomenal signings for us considering the fees paid and the service received. I think in someone like Chilwell's case though he'd be being brought for a lot more money and coming in as first choice and expected to fill a gap us fans have highlighted as one of our biggest problems in the team in recent times. There's a lot more expectation placed on that.

great post :hattip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please, ffs NO

Chelsea target Roman Burki up for Premier League transfer as Blues plot £15m deal

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1288038/Chelsea-Roman-Burki-Premier-League-Transfer-Borussia-Dortmund

 

he is the same height as Kepa basically, and makes errors too often, plus he is not strong in the air

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jason said:

If Chilwell costs say around 30-40 million, would you take him?

I'm neither pro or anti Chilwell here but what I would say is, some times signing the less obvious players can turn out to be a good thing. I know we have had Zappacosta and average players in those categories but we also have the likes of Azpi, Ivanovic and even Cahill as good examples.

30-40 sounds much better, I wouldnt say no then if we cant get the likes of Telles. But I would be shocked if LC sells him for those amounts. Yeah Azpi Bane and Cahill were awesome for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think at that point his price is much closer to those being quoted for Telles and Tagliafico, and then you can start to factor in how much easier he may find it to fit into what is becoming a core group of young British players, his experience of playing in the Premier League, and his age compared to alternative options. I am similar to you, I'm not overly pro or anti Chilwell. I think he was hyped too much earlier in the season as his defensive game still needs work and developing (which has been highlighted in recent times) but he does appear to have a lot of upside. My biggest worry has always been the price, and even in these times I see no reason for Leicester to drop their valuation significantly. They've already proven they're willing to hold on firm for the price they want (Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire). At the figures that have been quoted the last few months, I think its far too much.

I think there's a bit of a difference with the three you highlighted. All were purchased for relatively cheap prices (I think all were under £10m) and they were all purchased initially as squad players to add to what we already had, so I don't think the initial pressure or expectation was there. All three proved to be phenomenal signings for us considering the fees paid and the service received. I think in someone like Chilwell's case though he'd be being brought for a lot more money and coming in as first choice and expected to fill a gap us fans have highlighted as one of our biggest problems in the team in recent times. There's a lot more expectation placed on that.

Fair points but I guess what I was trying to say is what if the big price tag hadn't been placed on Chilwell to begin with? Would expectations had been different? Would people be a bit more receptive to the potential signing? Because I got the feeling people don't want Chilwell mainly because of the big price tag. Sure he is by no means perfect at the moment but he is only 24 years old this year and there still plenty of room to grow and improve.

And just to give another similar example - Andrew Robertson, who Liverpool bought for like less than 10 million (IIRC) and has become their first choice left back and arguably one of the best left backs around right now. 

Superblue_1986 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Are you implying picking Chilwell over Telles and Tagliafico is being more ambitious? 

I would rather have Chilwell for 40m than Tagliafico for 22m considering everything. But Alaba would be my dream LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jason said:

If Chilwell costs say around 30-40 million, would you take him?

I'm neither pro or anti Chilwell here but what I would say is, some times signing the less obvious players can turn out to be a good thing. I know we have had Zappacosta and average players in those categories but we also have the likes of Azpi, Ivanovic and even Cahill as good examples.

I genuinely wouldn't, even more so now Taglifico (a superior fullback from what I've seen) is supposedly avalible for nearly half that.

Chilwell is a similar level to Alonso in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like with Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO in the squad we are looking for a winger who will be 4th choice.

We were linked with Mertens and now with Benrahma and Corona :D

We also tried to renew Willian.

All this is telling me we need to forget about Sancho or some other expensive winger like Chiesa, Bailey...

Similar type of players with a lot of assists.

Corona 32 assists for Porto since the start of 18/19 season.

Benrahma 25 assists in this period.

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever we are linked with other wingers, I just keep thinking why not just get Boga...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

It looks like with Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO in the squad we are looking for a winger who will be 4th choice.

We were linked with Mertens and now with Benrahma and Corona :D

We also tried to renew Willian.

All this is telling me we need to forget about Sancho or some other expensive winger like Chiesa, Bailey...

Similar type of players with a lot of assists.

Corona 32 asissts for Porto since the start of 18/19 season.

Benrahma 25 assists in this period.

Jesus Coronavirus

:facepalm:

his league goals

in pinball Liga NOS

5cbdbdb4b85f654cb8eaee93b7216092.png

all comps

7a98648d51f81422bda892f5240a6b96.png

yes, by all means, let's buy a soon to be 28yo winger who makes Pedro 764dc82869ff8d2476d567f5986e3f61.png

 look like a goal machine 

:rant:

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stats said:

Whenever we are linked with other wingers, I just keep thinking why not just get Boga...

To be honest, I do not really buy the rumours. The agent goes to say, I do not know if he is choice a, b or c. So hardly convincing. Further, he isn't the profile of player we usually target which has always generally fallen into two categories (expect when we have had to act really late) which is: a) players U26 or b ) players who are value compared to the market (Ziyech, Costa, Kante, Cesc, Pedro etc.) 

However, if it is the case that this is serious then the Granny/board supporters are going to start running out of road quickly when it comes to their defence of her/their competence. I say this as I do not believe any manager since Jose MK1 has had much control over who is brought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now