test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

363 posts in this topic
16 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

When I think of freebies some great names come to my mind like Lewandowski, Pirlo, Ballack, even Milner turned out to be a great free transfer for Liverpool, I could also add Sol Campbell, Miro Klose and others I can't remember atm or I don't know of. 

But I think Christian Eriksen will be there in that list, too, in a few years. For me he is a must come next summer, sell Barkley he's useless anyway and bring Eriksen in. Or at least try. If he says no then fair enough, but Frank must try at least, he's simply too good to pass up. 

Eriksen really wants to play in Spain, at either Madrid club, especially Real, or Barca, from all I have seen. Plus, we are already (assuming RLC gets healthy again) already overloaded at AMF. If he is on a free, sure, what the hell, as we can always sell him on.

I really strongly advocate going for a hybrid DMF/CMF like Thomas Partey (that £45m release clause is so low, god help us if Manure or Spuds  or Arse grabs him) or go full youth and snatch up Camavinga, who I feel will be a superstar buy the time he hits 20 (he turned 17 two days ago). He is special, and Kante can so mentor him (they are both French and both are swing DMF/CMF freaks. We have NO players on the squad remotely like either Thomas or Camavinga (Kante would be the closest).The club seems set on Declan Rice, which, IF you pull Camavinga off the board is probably an understandable move, although I would also toss Florentino from Benfica into the mix as well. Pep wants him BAD so will be a super hard pull. I would have to think Barca too and other huge clubs.

Manchester United 'join chase for Rennes wonderkid Eduardo Camavinga'… but face competition from Barcelona for £26m star

Eduardo Camavinga seen as one of the brightest prospects in French football
The 17-year-old has started all 13 of Rennes' Ligue 1 games this season 
Man United, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are interested in the midfielder 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7673681/Manchester-United-join-chase-Rennes-wonderkid-Eduardo-Camavinga.html

Manchester United are reportedly one of a number of big clubs interested in signing young Rennes star Eduardo Camavinga.

The 17-year-old, who has been part of Rennes' system since the age of 11, has become a first team regular, starting all 13 of his side's Ligue 1 games this season.

Regarded as one the brightest prospects in French football, Camavinga's performances have already caught the eye of the likes of United, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, according to L'Equipe.

The French outlet also claim it will take a bid in the region of £26million if Rennes are to let the midfielder go.  

Camavinga has primarily been used as a defensive midfielder during his senior career but his technical and physical attributes have earned him comparisons with Manchester United and France star Paul Pogba.

He is in the process of gaining French nationality, having moved to the country from Angola when he was six, and his excited youth coaches believe he has what it takes to one day be even more influential in the national team's midfield than Pogba and N'Golo Kante.

And in a connection to another of France's senior stars, Camavinga has the same agent - Moussa Sissoko - as Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele.

Demebele also started his career at Rennes, coming through the ranks before moving to Borussia Dortmund in 2016 and then Barcelona in a deal worth up to £135.5m a year later.

snip

lol at £26m

I wish!!!!!!

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Not sure about all your figures but if we do get a bid of £90m+ for Kante, I see Granny cashing in. 

The club has a total market value of less than 900mil, but according to some we will have a budget of 600/700mil £. 😂😂

Not sure, but are we selling the bridge of something. 600mil£. 😂. And then people will blame the board for not doing their job simply because they have no idea about what the reality is.

Anyways, totally agree with your post.