test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

4,072 posts in this topic
34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We aren't signing anyone, its day 24 of the window and proving to be inept once again.

i suspect we might actually. I fully expected a real dejected lampard today if that was the case. It's going to be a loan though IMO.  If the 30th comes with no hint of something, then yes, we arent doing anything

So i wouldn't expect Dembele.

Vesper and Muzchap like this

1 minute ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

i suspect we might actually. I fully expected a real dejected lampard today if that was the case. It's going to be a loan though IMO.  If the 30th comes with no hint of something, then yes, we arent doing anything

So i wouldn't expect Dembele.

I've lost faith from only last week thinking we will signing someone. 

Vesper likes this

Looks ever increasingly we wont sign anyone, otherwise we would have by now. We better have identified the targets for summer......I dont wanna see no slow ass movements and penny pinching by Marina.

15 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Looks ever increasingly we wont sign anyone, otherwise we would have by now. We better have identified the targets for summer......I dont wanna see no slow ass movements and penny pinching by Marina.

Why put faith on this useless board if they can't get anything done this transfer window?

They better splash BIG this summer because players wouldn't want to come to Chelsea without CL.

Atomiswave likes this

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

In other words, "there's no value in January." The Wenger rule.

We ain't singing anyone.

Muzchap and Vesper like this

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We ain't singing anyone.

In other words its a wrap, no one coming in.

Vesper likes this

15 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Fiscally, it does not matter where a taxpayer was born, just that he or she pays in to the revenue. All established Premier League players are multi millionaires and if a club is unable to fill its squad with overseas footballers it will fill it with domestic ones instead. They will still be paid and they will still be required to pay taxes.

It might be tempting to argue that salaries for non domestic players will be higher, and that tax revenue from those players will therefore be higher too. I'm not sure the data bears that out however. The cost of employing homegrown players is already disproportionately high and driving up demand for their services would drive up their costs too.

I don't know what the data shows regarding this next point but it seems to me that non domestic players are more likely to set up legal offshore pay arrangements for a portion of their earnings and avoid income tax altogether. What must be sure is that they will spend much more of their disposable income outside the UK. This means that indirect tax revenues will be lost, as will be the economic benefit of their spending circulating in the UK economy.

Lastly, there is the clear win for UK revenues of transfer spending staying inside the country and that money circulating around our clubs generating more transfer levies and further economic activity.

It can't simply be assumed that fewer overseas players means less tax revenue for the government, or reduced economic benefit to the UK economy. It could even be that the exact opposites are true.

An industry such a PL/top level football is not going to be effected by Brexit full stop. The Tories have always been a low regulation party and they are not going to start messing about with immigration law that is going to affect blue chip industries. If a club in the PL or Championship want a player they are not going to start impacting that because the industries are too big to be messed around with. 

As for offshore accounts, yes income from sponsorship etc is probably going to continue to be funnelled offshore but income from wages will continue to be taxed as PAYE as they are employees. 

UK immigration law is going to change due to Brexit but this, like elsewhere, will effect poorer people rather than rich people. Anyone that looks into countries that have strict rules will quickly see that any individual that is worth millions can get a visa regardless as they can self finance themselves or bring in money to the respective exchequer. This will be the same with the UK. 

Muzchap likes this

Vincent Guaita???????

ffs

can they fuck off

UNLESS he is a straight Willie replacement in the summer (and I am not thrilled with that either)

Atomiswave likes this

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Vincent Guaita???????

ffs

can they fuck off

UNLESS he is a straight Willie replacement in the summer (and I am not thrilled with that either)

He or Pope probably would be. 

Not going to happen but if we could get rid of Alonso and Giroud and sign Telles and Dembele it would be a excellent January. 

Muzchap likes this

7 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

Not going to happen but if we could get rid of Alonso and Giroud and sign Telles and Dembele it would be a excellent January. 

More chance of platting piss with chop sticks mate 

Muzchap likes this

1 hour ago, Mana said:

They better splash BIG this summer because players wouldn't want to come to Chelsea without CL.

Of course they would, we've attracted Kante, Jorgi, Kova and manager wise Conte and Sarri without CL. 

If you're referring to the true tier one elite then that would be the case whether we're in the CL or not.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

We ain't singing anyone.

It's always been a catch 22 situation. The top quality players aren't gonna be available this month. So either we stick with what we have and try to persevere through the remaining months go for them in the summer OR pay some stupid money for some B/C grade players and be stuck with them for years like we do now. It's hard to tell whether the board have had epiphany and suddenly learned their lesson from buying duds in past Januaries - it's their fault that our squad quality is mishmash and not up to the required standards - but they seem kinda bit more cautious about buying players that aren't our top targets (cue some dumb signings in the next week). 

On 23/01/2020 at 5:07 PM, Vesper said:

read what I said

Brexit will start to effect EUROPEAN non Brits

Cabo Verde is África.

The January window has been made completely useless now. At this point it's essentially just used as a means to get rid of fringe players in your squad. Even clubs that are ravaged by injury and are desperate for CL football aren't buying.

It's quite possible that we could end this window with none of Chelsea, United, or Arse signing a single player. That's insane to me considering the situations each of these clubs are in.

Just now, Pizy said:

The January window has been made completely useless now. At this point it's essentially just used as a means to get rid of fringe players in your squad. Even clubs that are ravaged by injury and are desperate for CL football aren't buying.

It's quite possible that we could end this window with none of Chelsea, United, or Arse signing a single player. That's insane to me considering the situations each of these clubs are in.

You know things are getting desperate when United are reportedly going after Slimani...

Muzchap likes this