test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

4,167 posts in this topic

I'd offer Giroud to PSG for the rest of the season in exchange for Cavani (and a few million if needed to smooth over). That way PSG keep their squad depth and Giroud would likely play more there, especially when the Champions League kicks back in and they want to rotate in the league. 

Whilst we get a quality striker for the rest of the season who I think Lampard would have full trust in. Bats and Giroud are near pointless members of the squad at present when it's so clear how little trust Lampard has in them.

NikkiCFC and Muzchap like this

Rio Ferdinand is spot on in regards to United and it apply to us at the same time. All these stop gap signings have to stop, it is simply a case of bad vision and penny pinching from the people at the highest point in the club.

We have craved a top class striker for seasons now, we now find ourselves one injury to Tammy (possibly now) from a complete nightmare scenario. LB is a massive issue, again this area hasn't been looked at correctly for a while....Emerson was bought and both him and Alonso simply not good enough, we have pay big money to get the right player.

We are now chasing a 33 year old Cavani and by all reports are ready to pay astronomical money for a 6 month loan. WTF is wrong with the people who steer the ship at this club? They have stuck all their eggs in the young lad basket to save money and in a way I get that but not to the determent of bringing in top quality players, it simply cannot happen, but I have a feeling it will, I don't think they a clue.

Vesper likes this

13 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

No idea.  Its why i thought the loan offer was ridiculous at first

Logically speaking... Atletico don't won't to pay what they want. They are waiting summer to take him for free. If that's the case then our offer makes sense. 

Plus they won't bench Felix after paying 120m for him. Morata is doing good 10 goals already (same as Felix, Diego Costa and Correa together). And Diego just got back in training. So no need to spend so much money on Cavani at the moment. I assume in the summer Diego and Correa are off. 

As each day passes without any concrete rumors I am actually starting to think we are not signing anyone.
If no one good is availlable, I am ok with this. Chelsea need quality signings and no more Drinkwaters. We wasted so much money on average players already. Don't need more of that

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Supermonkey92, Muzchap and Fernando like this

43 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

As each day passes without any concrete rumors I am actually starting to think we are not signing anyone.

Like u said in your previous post, that's not a bad thing if we dont buy any stop gap players this window, aslong as we have a suburb summer window. 

Johnnyeye, Vesper, Fernando and 1 other like this

Re: Moussa Dembélé | Chelsea had a verbal offer rebuffed by Lyon earlier this month. Sources contacted by Get French Football News anticipate that CFC will make another offer in the final hours of this window.

Will President Aulas stick to his guns against a sale? We shall see.

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:
REPORT : Chelsea and OL with Gerard Houiller still talking about a move for Moussa Dembele. With a first 40M€ bid refused, Lyon board knows Chelsea want his striker and a second offer will arrive soon. (Footmercato) #CFC #OL #Dembele

45 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Re: Moussa Dembélé | Chelsea had a verbal offer rebuffed by Lyon earlier this month. Sources contacted by Get French Football News anticipate that CFC will make another offer in the final hours of this window.

Will President Aulas stick to his guns against a sale? We shall see.

Is Dembele really gonna be a top quality striker? Because while the purchase may benefit us in the short term, I don’t want it to harm our chances of going for first choice/better targets in the summer (coughwernercough) if we finish in the Top 4 etc.

Strike likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is Dembele really gonna be a top quality striker? Because while the purchase may benefit us in the short term, I don’t want it to harm our chances of going for first choice/better targets in the summer (coughwernercough) if we finish in the Top 4 etc.

Tbh Werner is the only one ahead of Dembele in packing order. Like I said  before if club have some inside info about Werner's future (joining other club) we should be all in for Dembele.

Btw Lyon bought another striker for 15m but loan him back right away.

They are close to signing Bruno Guimarães also. We should threat them if they don't sell us Dembele we will steal Bruno :P

#bullyweaker

Aulas will look a very silly man if he sells him now after his statements earlier in the window.

Atletico Madrid seem to be counter offering for Bruno Guimaraes according to some reports.  Maybe they are focusing elsewhere for this window too?

11 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Aulas will look a very silly man if he sells him now after his statements earlier in the window.

Atletico Madrid seem to be counter offering for Bruno Guimaraes according to some reports.  Maybe they are focusing elsewhere for this window too?

It looks like Atletico gave up on Cavani till summer. It does not have sense for them to pay that much for just four months.

Also did our negotiations with Inter for Giroud broke down because of 1m? lol

Hopefully we are saving him for Lyon or PSG.

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tbh Werner is the only one ahead of Dembele in packing order. Like I said  before if club have some inside info about Werner's future (joining other club) we should be all in for Dembele.

Or it just depends on how desperate are we now...

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Or it just depends on how desperate are we now...

Another option for summer :ph34r:

Vesper likes this

On 1/23/2020 at 3:31 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Another option for summer :ph34r:

he HAS to be included on the VERY short list of acceptable strikers (28yo and under)

these are it (and some/most are near impossible)

Mbappe (pipe dream)

Lautaro

Werner

Håland

Icardi

Dybala

Gabriel Jesus

then a drop down

Dembele

Raúl Jiménez (age is an issue, he is 29 in 3 months, at the beginning of May, so we would get ZERO full sub 30yo seasons out of him)

maybe, maybe Victor Osimhen (getting into dice rolls here already, same as with Alfredo Morelos and Dominic Calvert-Lewin)

end

if they are not on there, they are too old (Lewa, Ciro Immobile), too young and inexperienced and unproven in a Big 5 league (not saying we should not look into a young one for 3rd option, like Fedor Chalov, Donyell Malen, Marcus Thuram  João Pedro, Myron Boadu. or Josh Maja), or will not be sold or will not come, or are too much of a gamble (Belotti, Gabigol, Milik, Piatek, Jovic, etc., for instance).

Dortmund are one of, if not THE most savvy club in Europe. You honestly believe they'd insert a €60m release clause in the contract of one of the most sought after young players in the world? 😂😂😂 Sounds like bullshit and terrible business.

He/his agent likely did insist that there's a set release clause. But it's probably like 200m. He's probably got his eyes on Real Madrid in a couple of years.

killer1257 and Johnnyeye like this