test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

3,762 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Werner is not coming here, I am 90% plus convinced, maybe 95%

I remain cautiously hopeful/optimistic about our chances, especially if we finish in the Top 4. 

Strike likes this

13 hours ago, chippy said:

making bad signing after bad signing.

Since we've changed our style of play we've only made one bad signing (unfortunately getting harder to keep hope with Kepa) while Jorginho, Kovacic and Pulisic have all been good and even Higuain served a purpose. The former two have transformed us from the worst midfield in top half to probably the best save for City.

More solid windows like that and we're on the right track and early signs are good Lampard has a good judgement in transfers as the two big decisions he's had to make so far (retaining Kova and letting Luiz leave) have turned out to be masterstrokes.

Chelsea would need to agree a fee with PSG, who want as much as £23m and rejected an £8.5m offer from Atletico Madrid this month. Cavani was also offered to Manchester United, who have preferred to sign younger players. (Times) #CFC #MUFC #PSG #Atletico

Timo Werner tweet sparks savage RB Leipzig dig at Chelsea after translation chaos

Chelsea target Werner's tweet was translated by a fan to mean he was on the way to Stamford Bridge – but the German's club RB Leipzig had a brutal response

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/timo-werner-tweet-sparks-savage-21325028

ouch!!

232135725f2f4bc6110fe19937a3d437.png

Chelsea’s move for Edinson Cavani held back by striker’s wage demands

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/edinson-cavani-chelsea-transfer-news-wages-block-psg-move-a4339936.html

Edinson Cavani’s wage demands are threatening to be a stumbling block in Chelsea’s pursuit of the Paris Saint-Germain striker.

The Blues are exploring the possibility of signing the Uruguay international after he handed in a transfer request seeking to leave the club this month, despite his existing contract expiring at the end of the season.

PSG want around £15million to allow him to depart but the greater problem for his suitors, who also include Atletico Madrid, is Cavani’s reluctance to take a wage cut from his current salary.

Cavani earns in excess of £360,000-a-week and it is understood he wants a minimum 18-month contract. That works out at approximately £19m per season and added to a hefty signing-on fee, the total outlay could easily surpass £50m for a player who turns 33 next month.

snip

The only way the transfer news gets worse for us is if Sancho says he would prefer to go to ManU in the summer. This has gone from thrilled the transfer ban was shortened to complete disappointment at what is available to sign.  

Muzchap likes this

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It contradicts the newer story. Werner still won’t start at Liverpool 

He would start a lot of games. You are discounting his ability to play on the wings as well.

It is simply not true that he would not. I truly believe that, but of course you are free to disagree.

I like my chances of being proven correct.

Liverpools system is almost a mirror of the type that Werner thrives in, Bayern is NOT a high tempo press press press team now.

Also, Klopp is German, that is a huge plus there.

The lad is on pace to account for 70 goals in a 4000 minute season.

50 goals, 20 assists.

Firmino turns 30 near the beginning of the season after next, Werner is 4 and half year younger.

Liverpool are a bigger and far better club that us  atm, with vastly more trophy prospects.

I am NOT 100% saying Liverpool is where he ends up, but they are deffo the front runners atm (at least until Barca and RM get involved, and maybe still then.

Bottom line for me:

The odds are very low Werner ends up here. We are so not the favourite.

We almost never sign top 5 in the world (at their position) massive targets.

Kante was not regarded as such when we signed him. Nor was Hazard. We certainly were not in an all out brawl with most top teams on the planet to sign them

Yet some think we are now magically going to snap our fingers and out of the blue sign (in ONE window as well) 3 such players (Werner, Sancho, Chilwell)

Chilwell is our best shot to do so, and ironically also the main one I think we should pass on due to his crazy over-valuation. He is not worth £80m.

Bookmark this. I think history will treat me well.

Fernando, Atomiswave and Muzchap like this

few things re. Cavani news

1. No way PSG are asking £23m for a player with 6 months left.  I think the Times are wrong there

2. How do the Standard suddenly know his wage demands when they didnt even know we wanted him until last night at the earliest, idiots.  

3. If Cavani takes a wage cut he can make it up in signing on fees and bonuses.  No club, and i mean no club, is going to pay him 360k a week. He knows he will have to compromise

Fernando, Atomiswave and Muzchap like this

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He would start a lot of games. You are discounting his ability to play on the wings as well.

It is simply not true that he would not. I truly believe that, but of course you are free to disagree.

I like my chances of being proven correct.

Liverpools system is almost a mirror of the type that Werner thrives in, Bayern is NOT a high tempo press press press team now.

Also, Klopp is German, that is a huge plus there.

The lad is on pace to account for 70 goals in a 4000 minute season.

50 goals, 20 assists.

Firmino turns 30 near the beginning of the season after next, Werner is 4 and half year younger.

Liverpool are a bigger and far better club that us  atm, with vastly more trophy prospects.

I am NOT 100% saying Liverpool is where he ends up, but they are deffo the front runners atm (at least until Barca and RM get involved, and maybe still then.

Bottom line for me:

The odds are very low Werner ends up here. We are so not the favourite.

We almost never sign top 5 in the world (at their position) massive targets.

Kante was not regarded as such when we signed him. Nor was Hazard. We certainly were not in an all out brawl with most top teams on the planet to sign them

Yet some think we are now magically going to snap our fingers and out of the blue sign (in ONE window as well) 3 such players (Werner, Sancho, Chilwell)

Chilwell is our best shot to do so, and ironically also the main one I think we should pass on due to his crazy over-valuation. He is worth £80m.

Bookmark this. I think history will treat me well.

I hope history will treat you poorly. :rant:

Vesper likes this

With all the talk about Liverpool and Chelsea after Werner, don't forget that Barca wants him also.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I hope history will treat you poorly. :rant:

I do too

and I fixed my Chilwell part

he is NOT worth £80m (I left out the 'not' part) :blush:

8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

With all the talk about Liverpool and Chelsea after Werner, don't forget that Barca wants him also.

Nah. If Messi and Suarez can still keep on going, it's gonna be really tricky for Werner to fit in. I mean Griezmann is kinda struggling to fit in right now and they still have Dembele around. Barcelona's prime target would be Neymar. 

If we can't get Werner, I hope he joins someone other than one of our league rivals! :rant: