test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

4,197 posts in this topic
Just now, Azul said:

What baffles me even more is that there are some that believe we don't need anyone and we'll still be able to make top four. 

If anyone geniunely thinks that we'll be able to get top players in the summer without playing in the Champions League next season, then they're deluded. We got Jorginho because of his relationship with Sarri. People cling to Kante but that was a one off, because Kante knew that the team we had at the time was able to win the Premier League.

Has Chelsea become a poor club? Surely we can invest around 50-80m now and 200-250m in the summer? We desperately need a leftback and a centreback, otherwise the club is moving backwarsa yet again. No CL = no top players, end of.

We are balancing on a cliff right in terms of top 4 and also potential injury to say Tammy and then we would be fucked.

As each day passes the window is close to closing, whether it be a back up striker for a 6 month period or a big signing something has to give. Sancho, Werner, Chillwell aren't coming this window but like you say, we miss out on top 4, and we could if we do not strengthen now then those players won't be coming in the summer.

Manchester United and Real Madrid target Boubakary Soumare says he WILL leave Lille... but not this season

'Yes, of course ,' he told L'Equipe when asked if he wants to go. 'I have already discussed with the coach. 

'I told him very clearly. I have a very clear idea of where I want to go in my career. I want to do a full season here, yes. 

'I feel good, my team-mates are helping me. I know where I am today and that suits me.

'It is not time to leave – I don't want to leave with regrets.'

DAILY MAIL

33 minutes ago, Azul said:

What baffles me even more is that there are some that believe we don't need anyone and we'll still be able to make top four. 

If anyone geniunely thinks that we'll be able to get top players in the summer without playing in the Champions League next season, then they're deluded. We got Jorginho because of his relationship with Sarri. People cling to Kante but that was a one off, because Kante knew that the team we had at the time was able to win the Premier League.

Has Chelsea become a poor club? Surely we can invest around 50-80m now and 200-250m in the summer? We desperately need a leftback and a centreback, otherwise the club is moving backwards yet again. No CL = no top players, end of.

I don't think anybody believes that we don't need to strengthen long term, but it's not impossible for us to reach the top 4 this season without strengthening when we've been in the top 4 most of the season so far and nobody beneath us has yet shown to be capable of mounting a run of form like we showed earlier in the season (and add to that United and Spurs have both lost their main attacking player now for a large period of the rest of this season).

Ideally it would be great to get one or two players in to help the charge, but it has to be right. We can go and buy a Zaha or Dembele now and pay big money for them but we will then be stuck with them next season and unable to pursue players who were our first choice targets for those positions. We are not going to spend £80m on Zaha this window and then pursue Sancho for £100 - 120m in the summer. The likes of Zaha and Dembele would more than likely be attainable in the summer regardless of whether we're in the top 4 or not, so if we can't get our first choice targets then we can move on the likes of these players anyway. 

I think a left back could be brought this window because I believe there are better options available than Chilwell, especially value for money, but it seems that he is our first choice.

We're not going to be dropping over £300m across the next two transfer windows unless there was a big sale in the summer to go with Hazard's from last summer. It's nothing to do with us being poor, it's complying with FFP.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Leicester's loss of form appears to have coincided with Ndidi's injury. No Ndidi, no party. 

Definitely a key component in that team. They're defensive record in recent weeks has taken a bit of a hammering too.

But a number of players seem to have lost some form too offensively in recent weeks. Without Vardy firing, they seem to be in a similar position to us wondering where all the goals are going to come from to put teams away.

Vesper and Fernando like this

47 minutes ago, Azul said:

If anyone geniunely thinks that we'll be able to get top players in the summer without playing in the Champions League next season, then they're deluded. 

Arsenal haven't won the league for 14 years and were on a third year in Europa yet managed to snap up the hottest avalible property in the market last summer. Unless you're seriously implying Arsenal are a bigger attraction in the modern day?

The only players we can't get are the truly elite ones which is the case if we make CL or not.

58 minutes ago, Azul said:

Kovacic won CL three times in a row and left Real for us without CL footy. Also David Luiz did that twice now. Summer 2016 when he joined us from PSG and last summer when he joined Arsenal. Auba, Pepe, Fekir also did the same... 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard was asked about Cavani, whether we would move for him after his transfer request and he did not deny any interest. He even praised him. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Lampard was asked about Cavani, whether we would move for him after his transfer request and he did not deny any interest. He even praised him. :ph34r:

Also talked about short term might be the way forward as January is a tough window

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Also talked about short term might be the way forward as January is a tough window

Getting Cavani, on loan for example, might not be the worst of ideas. 

Blue Armour likes this

Just now, Jason said:

Not at all. I said the other day we lack aggression, fight and a horrible bastard up front, he's all of that.

Unlike Higuain for example, Cavani has always look super fit. Can't say I've seen him recently, though.

His wages are probably astronomical as well.

OneMoSalah and Blue Armour like this

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yep, take cavani all day long. Good player for Tammy to learn from/play with. 

Blue Armour likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Loan is not an option. His contract expires in June. Atletico offered him two and a half years contract. We must do the same if we want him. But what does doing that means for our summer recruitment? 

Perfect scenario: We take him now to help us till end of the season. In the summer we send him to Atletico (we have perfect relationship with them) and go for Werner or Dembele. 

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Loan is not an option. His contract expires in June. Atletico offered him two and a half years contract. We must do the same if we want him. But what does doing that means for our summer recruitment? 

Perfect scenario: We take him now to help us till end of the season. In the summer we send him to Atletico (we have perfect relationship with them) and go for Werner or Dembele. 

It would be a strange scenario but if Atletico can't agree a deal with PSG for this month then I suppose there is a possibility. PSG may want him out if he wants to leave anyway and agree a deal with us for a loan for the remainder of the season.

Perhaps we can trade them Giroud on loan in exchange. That way they still retain depth in their squad with someone who could probably do a decent job for them and get more game time than he does here.

Unless a real top target for us comes available for the right price, then a loan deal to improve our options at present is the best case scenario for us. We can't afford to be seen wasting transfer budgets any more.

I think any deal would have to be a permanent one. His contract is up in the Summer, so a similar one to Giroud's would be feasible.

3 hours ago, Azul said:

What baffles me even more is that there are some that believe we don't need anyone

Those people are trolls and/or gaslighting dis-info merchants.