test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

4,829 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Pretty clear that journo's haven't got a clue. If we sign anyone at all (which is bet against at this point) it'll be completely out of left field. A move that happens suddenly with no warning.

Not just for us. Reading the news aggregators is like skimming the teen romance section. Pure fiction and lies. Never seen it this bad. It is beyond madness.

29 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We do not get the shows here, how bad are the Transfer shows on TV?

You can stream them. Not worth it. Total rot. Now some are ranting on about how Poch (not even hired mind you) at Manure is going to buy Neymar in the summer for 200m euros, roflmaoooo. And Werner, and Koulibaly, and Fernandes.

ZAPHOD2319 likes this

Lampard already said that selling Giroud doesn't necessarily mean a replacement is coming in. Giroud didn't play anyways so his absence won't really be felt, tbf.

Fact still remains that an injury to Tammy would likely spell disaster for our top 4 prospects. Especially if we make no signings while United does.

Vesper likes this

ManU is falling apart as a team. They can sign all the players they want, if their locker room is in shambles, they are not making a run at top 4.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

3 hours ago, DDA said:

With Giroud leaving... surely we must have a replacement lined up? Are we going to finish the season with just Batsman as back up?? A long term injury to Tammy and we are truly fucked.

Nahh mate, Giroud leaving is nothing. He might as well not be a Chels anyway as he never plays. So we wont feel the void. Bats is just as horrible imo. This isnt the first time either we are a shit show in striker department. We had Mora under Sarii, the board didnt realize Mora is bang average and yet persisted with him, knowing an injury would wreck us, knowing the chances of him doing good under Sarii was very slim, yet they persisted. Lack of foresight has fucked us over plenty these last 3-5 years.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

I know that the Jan window is a tough window but the way this club deals with incoming transfers is a joke. Last Jan we had a pending ban that whilst we may have thought we would get anyway with it, we did nothing to mitigate it. 

Surely if a club is in that position and also knows it is going to lose its best player in the Summer they should try and mitigate things by getting in place some transfers then so that the players can come in during the Summer i.e. what we did with Puli. What did we do? We brought an overweight striker on loan and a kid that was always going to require time to settle. Also, the positions of most concern CF, LB and CB were ignored. 

We then got the ban and acted surprised but did not appeal to CAS like everyone else. What is also apprant is that the club also decided not to put any potential deals together if the ban got overturned for this window. Hence, we entered this window like any other club straching around for players as if we could not have been doing something in the background from the Summer. 

So, now we find ourselves in a situation we we are comoletely reliant on a 22 year old CF who if he gets injured or his form dips we are buggered. That is before we get to LB which has been a clear weak point for about a year now as Emerson is bang average and Alonso can only excel in a WB role. Honestly, the board is useless when it comes to recruitment. No foresight whatsoever. 

Atomiswave, Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I know that the Jan window is a tough window but the way this club deals with incoming transfers is a joke. Last Jan we had a pending ban that whilst we may have thought we would get anyway with it, we did nothing to mitigate it. 

Surely if a club is in that position and also knows it is going to lose its best player in the Summer they should try and mitigate things by getting in place some transfers then so that the players can come in during the Summer i.e. what we did with Puli. What did we do? We brought an overweight striker on loan and a kid that was always going to require time to settle. Also, the positions of most concern CF, LB and CB were ignored. 

We then got the ban and acted surprised but did not appeal to CAS like everyone else. What is also apprant is that the club also decided not to put any potential deals together if the ban got overturned for this window. Hence, we entered this window like any other club straching around for players as if we could not have been doing something in the background from the Summer. 

So, now we find ourselves in a situation we we are comoletely reliant on a 22 year old CF who if he gets injured or his form dips we are buggered. That is before we get to LB which has been a clear weak point for about a year now as Emerson is bang average and Alonso can only excel in a WB role. Honestly, the board is useless when it comes to recruitment. No foresight whatsoever. 

Yep, been saying it and showing it with fairly decent specificity since I joined. Extremely poor in vital areas.

Atomiswave likes this

5 minutes ago, jabj24 said:

@Vesper Lets say we're all in with Tammy as our striker. Who are the best backup striking options?

I don't we can just buy a strictly backup quality striker and roll with them and Tammy. I also think we should have the option to play two strikers at once for certain games.

There is so much bollocks and pure lies floating around the dodgy press I have no clue what we are going to do.

It will be criminal if we do not get a decent CF and especially a LB this window as we fought like crazy to get the ban overturned. If Tammy goes down we are absolutely FUCKED as of now. Bats is absolute pants. All 3 of our LB options are dogshit. The rest of the issues I can wait for summer to sort, but LB and CF after Tammy can just wreck our season in terms of CL for next year.

My CF targets are (in order)

Lautaro Martinez

Timo Werner

Gabriel Jesus (if Shitty move for Lautaro and get him)

Mauro Icardi (PSG is 99% going to buy him though)

Paulo Dybala

Moussa Dembélé

Andrea Belotti

Victor Osimhen

Luka Jovic (Loan with option to buy only)

Donyell Malen

Fedor Chalov

Marcus Thuram

Myron Boadu

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Lucas Alario

For 3rd CF is easy

Josh Maja from Bordeaux 

jabj24 likes this

The likes of Lautaro and Dybala are key parts of their clubs. Why would Inter or Juve sell either? Especially with Conte and Sarri in charge, neither of which will maintain good thoughts of Chelsea. Conte in particular would probably do anything in his power to never sell us a player.

Fernando and 1905didierblue like this

laughable

now we are supposedly buying Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

I think the same twats who do all those Nigerian scam emails got 2nd jobs on the football transfer sites

NikkiCFC likes this

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Conte in particular would probably do anything in his power to never sell us a player.

2 way street

he wants Giroud and Alonso

cannot say no outright (to us buying from them ever)

deffo can say no to us buying a particular player, but not ban the whole club if he wants to buy from us

and Dybala was almost out the door this past summer and Sarri blows hot and cold on him

my list is my preference of players who have even  the slightest chance for us to buy them (and I also added in the part about Icardi)

obviously if they were all guaranteed to be able to be purchased, I would not have listed 15 players

atm, I have barely any confidence in our board and ownership anyway if they fail to deliver a good CF and especially a really good LB this window

those two positions will fuck us hard more than likely down the road this remaining season, especially if Tammy goes down for even a few weeks

if we miss out on CL next year and also fail to cash in on Kante this summer, it could start a really bad financial spiral

as we are blowing out potential sales revenue for multiple years now by failing to sell off dregs and also are running risks yet again over contracts

I think we are a poorly run (football player/contracts/scouting end) team for the past 6 years

we careen back and forth between archetypes of style of play and made poor poor business decisions in terms of player personnel

I always rated Jordan Amavi very highly :) He was a bright light in that poor Villa side in 2015/2016 ...

another (as far as I can tell) PURE LIE from the Sun

our buyback clause on Boga is 15m euros (seeing this in so many Italian and other sources), NOT £3.5m like the Sun started up all the rumours with, as did the Daily Mail (quelle surprise), another POS rag

Both those shit-tossers should be burnt to the ground (not just over football obviously, those cunts played a huge role with Brexit lies, etc etc)

Sports Illustrated is the biggest sports mag in the US for like 50, 60 years and I have almost never seen them publish knowingly false info (unlike the Sun ad the DM, who do it a dozen times a day)

Jeremie Boga: Chelsea 'could exercise' €15M buy-back clause for Sassuolo winger

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/news/jeremie-boga-chelsea-could-exercise-15m-buy-back-clause-for-sassuolo-winger

plus

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/everton-brighton-inter-napoli-target-boga-15m-chelsea/kzipvug20taf1jhbhz3jk5fu5

8d1ba03633c0f54a5f72d46db4bf620e.png

manpe likes this

Also Leicester want Shaw as a replacement. With Young now staying in Utd maybe possible deal in January. 

Vesper likes this

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

The likes of Lautaro and Dybala are key parts of their clubs. Why would Inter or Juve sell either? Especially with Conte and Sarri in charge, neither of which will maintain good thoughts of Chelsea. Conte in particular would probably do anything in his power to never sell us a player.

This. People have no actual idea of how anything actually works and yet try to come out looking like big shots and dissing on the board.