test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

4,828 posts in this topic

All in my last post said

I can SO see the following happening

in order of the post above

we stick with Willy as back-up keeper 

I posited no CB moves above so we cannot cock that up

We end up doing NOTHING for LB and roll on with exactly what we have now

we do not sell Kante (who will start to plummet in value after summer 2020)

do not get a class AMF

we do a dice roll for some potential bust DMF/CMF (there are so many out there linked with us)

Willian walks on a free (meaning two wingers needed), we fail at Sancho and buy Zaha and some other massively less talented winger

we fail on both Werner and Lauraro and settle for Dembele plus some third stringer like the one I posted

and we fuck up most of those sales

yep

I can SO see that happening

btw, the above scenario of  fails-to-buys and then potentially shit buys

will still cost over £200m gross AND we lose a shit tonne in sales revenue (if we shit out a lot of those sales and hold onto other players who will soon plummet in value)

and only marginally improve the squad (Dembele as backup striker is potentially the main improvement as to be honest, Zaha is really not a GIANT improvement over the Willian of 2019/20 and I can so see us fucking up the other winger slot), plus if we cock up the DMF/CMF it may be Bakayoko 2.0) and still have gaping holes (hello LB nightmare still and NO creative AMF) and keep the systemic issues around (hello square beg/round hole Kante)

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

I do not often push alternative, off-the-wall theories

but I wonder if Howe played Ake at LB to scare us off as he is desperate to keep him and we are the only team that simply can snap our fingers and take him back, and, due to the fact Ake is left-footed and has played LB before, it has to go into our calculations a bit

so showing that Ake sucks at LB (he does, at least in that game) maybe Howe was hoping that his poor play there diminishes our interest in him

also, if he had a screamer at CB, then that would further pique our interest

crazy thoughts and probably not true, but it did work on me, as his left-footedness is a big draw for me, but after that display, no thanks for him at LB ever with us, unless it was an extreme emergency

No chance. Bournemouth are in relegation battle, no way would a serious coach even consider it just to show someone how shit somebody is (thus intentionally possibly blowing the race). Losing one player, no matter how key, is nothing compared to losing a premier league spot. Howe doesn't strike me as this dumb.

1905didierblue likes this

26 minutes ago, manpe said:

No chance. Bournemouth are in relegation battle, no way would a serious coach even consider it just to show someone how shit somebody is (thus intentionally possibly blowing the race). Losing one player, no matter how key, is nothing compared to losing a premier league spot. Howe doesn't strike me as this dumb.

Especially considering Arsenal, Tottenham and City are interested in him as CB. 

2 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Starting to think the rumours of dunk are coming true. The statement about not re signing ake is a big one 

I don't think so. Frank rates all our CBs. 

I don't get why the CB rumors have kept on persisting. We aren't selling Rudiger, we aren't selling Tomori, we aren't selling Zouma and Lampard has already ruled out selling Christensen, especially after he backed up his words by playing him at the weekend. If there is a defensive position that we need to bolster in January, it's the left back position. Otherwise, it's a waste of resources to consider it at least until the summer. 

manpe and Fernando like this

We genuinely may not sign anyone. We at the very least need a striker because if Tammy is injured our season is finished. 

Loan for Cavani similar to what we did with Higuain could work. 

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Seen some reports linking us with Marash Kumbulla from Verona.

@Vesper know anything about him?

He is a tad thin for my preference, although he can still fill out. I rate Ozan Kabak of Schalke above him in terms of 19yo CB's.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

@Jason  Don't cry :cry:

Also I hope we don't go for Jovic if this happens. Not sold on him at all. 

I don't know how reliable the fella is but meh. Just because they may make a move, doesn't mean he'll actually join them and Werner did say before he would like to play in the Premier League.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/werner-i-dream-playing-premier-league-im-more-man-united-liverpool

The Man United/Liverpool bit though... :rant:

We really need a LB and CF this window. Just sort it out. Pay a little more if needed if that means the right quality. The difference in signing now to Summer could be CL football. If we end up in the Ropey next season then Summer is going to get more difficult in attracting the right players. 

Vesper and Azul like this

Pretty clear that journo's haven't got a clue. If we sign anyone at all (which is bet against at this point) it'll be completely out of left field. A move that happens suddenly with no warning.

Vesper likes this

With Giroud leaving... surely we must have a replacement lined up? Are we going to finish the season with just Batsman as back up?? A long term injury to Tammy and we are truly fucked.

19 minutes ago, DDA said:

With Giroud leaving... surely we must have a replacement lined up? Are we going to finish the season with just Batsman as back up?? A long term injury to Tammy and we are truly fucked.

Has to be but it's us and we are probably prepared to stick with Batshit

Vesper likes this