test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,874 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Jason said:

If you want experience, then I guess Draxler fits the bill. But otherwise, he's an inconsistent player - though not without talent - and hasn't really done much since his early Schalke days.

he has only had one and half good seasons ever

2012/13 with Schalke, when as an 18/19yo he had a huge breakthrough that led to his being on the 2014 WC winners

99caccf59fb6f8fc680ff5da1dccbfbc.png

and then his first half year at PSG (he came in January 2017)

4f43dba03ddf689fde228ca2670c4b0f.png880e6df1bf2f7413dec216a55c6c29eb.pnge62b90f7645c7e66e021b9d2aa1a7a58.png

other than those 18 months

he has been pedestrian at best

Atomiswave and OhForAGreavsie like this

DRaxler would be such an underwhelming signing. It would be typical of our board. What the fuck will he offer us exactly? Experience? We could def do better on that front if thats what we are after. Now Dembele I get, still young, pacy and all that. I still adament we will once and for all see our ambition in the summer, we will see if the Club has learnt anything these past years.

Vesper likes this

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard seems convinced he is a potential new Drogba

I think that is being too clever by half

and conflating French Africans on a a traditional French power team (Drogba coimng from OM)

maybe I am wrong (and quite likely so, I simply do not have a solid grip on the lap as an EPL player)

I am not slating Dembele, I just would vastly prefer we go BIG and try and grab Werner or even Lautaro Martinez (especially if we do NOT drop huge money on Sancho, as Martinez will cost a shit tonne, and yes, he has won me over after much doubt earler, so full disclosure), even if that means waiting until summer

Club release official statement after claim of Chelsea offer – Unusual step to take

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-release-official-statement-claim-chelsea-offer-unusual-step-take/

Atomiswave likes this

Just now, Vesper said:

Lampard seems convinced he is a potential new Drogba

I think that is being too clever by half

and conflating French Africans on a a traditional French power team (Drogba coimng from OM)

maybe I am wrong (and quite likely so, I simply do not have a solid grip on the lap as an EPL player)

I am not slating Dembele, I just would vastly prefer we go BIG and try and grab Werner or even Lautaro Martinez (especially if we do NOT drop huge money on Sancho, as Martinez will cost a shit tonne, and yes, he has won me over after much doubt earler, so full disclosure), even if that means waiting until summer

Club release official statement after claim of Chelsea offer – Unusual step to take

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-release-official-statement-claim-chelsea-offer-unusual-step-take/

Have we not been tracking Dembele since his Celtic days? I seem to remember we were linked with him some years back. Could be a club's target and Lampard is on board with it, rather than a sole target of Lampard.

Vesper likes this

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Draxler is finished, probably happen.

Draxler is a player Everton or West Ham or Leicester (who need a winger or two to truly put them in top 3 until until they start to lose their core and Vardy is caught by father time) should be looking at, not us

Atomiswave likes this

Just now, Jason said:

Have we not been tracking Dembele since his Celtic days? I seem to remember we were linked with him some years back. Could be a club's target and Lampard is on board with it, rather than a sole target of Lampard.

if I made a list of all the players we have been 'tracking' just since say 2015 or 2016

it would take me 5 hours or more and would so long it would take up pages, lolol

Atomiswave likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Guys, do you know that Timo Werner is good? :ph34r:

ENSzMvMUUAMLdAS?format=jpg&name=large

I assume this is FM?

I have never used it, but those stats for 2022/23 are crazy OTT

lololol

we can but dream I suppose

then wake up to the reality that Alonso is under contract with us until 2023 :(

Atomiswave likes this

Just now, Vesper said:

I assume this is FM?

I have never used it, but those stats for 2022/23 are crazy OTT

lololol

Yup, it's FM 20. Werner is at his peak age 26/27 but yeah, I was shocked he was able to score that many! :lol: Have been using him as the sole striker too. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we can but dream I suppose

then wake up to the reality that Alonso is under contract with us until 2023 :(

I'm cautiously optimistic over Werner. I will jump down from a building if we sign him!

Vesper likes this

Not only would Dembele be a weird signing from our perspective (because he's so similar to Tammy) but it would also be weird from his perspective as he wouldn't be first choice. Why would he come here to be a rotation player?

We need a Werner/Griezmann/Auba type striker. Not a like for like target man player.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not only would Dembele be a weird signing from our perspective (because he's so similar to Tammy) but it would also be weird from his perspective as he wouldn't be first choice. Why would he come here to be a rotation player?

We need a Werner/Griezmann/Auba type striker. Not a like for like target man player.

Lautaro Martinez

who is starting to remind me (maybe you can laugh at me, lolol) a bit of

Sergio Agüero (obviously nowhere near that level yet, but they are similar so far)

I would suggest we should forget about signing Lautaro Martinez. We should walk over Conte body to sign him. 

Think Timo Werner would be possible though, as I think we could offer him an opportunity others club couldn't offers.

9 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Dembele is massively underwhelming

I agree. He'd probably be a solid squad player, but that's not really what we need.

If Dembele signed for Everton or West Ham everyone would probably say he's a solid buy. But for a club with aspirations like ours? Ehhh.

ulsterchelsea and Atomiswave like this

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I've never been a big Dembele fan but I do think he is better than any of our current options. If Frank were to sanction a £40m+ move for him, then I can only imagine that the starting spot would be his to loose on arrival.

As Vesper says however, we should be aiming to shop higher up the market.

Vesper likes this

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I agree. He'd probably be a solid squad player, but that's not really what we need.

If Dembele signed for Everton or West Ham everyone would probably say he's a solid buy. But for a club with aspirations like ours? Ehhh.

Not saying Dembele or any of our signings will nesseserily hit such heights but just because players aren't big names doesn't mean it's a sign on unambition or they will flop, the champions elect are demonstrating that spectacularly, they have built what is looking like becoming the greatest PL team of all time mainly through signings people regarded as second rate and unambitious.

We don't have the funds or the sheer worldwide appeal to get marquee signings bar unique set of circumstances (like Sancho with his fandom of the club and friendship with our products putting us in a race we wouldn't usually be in) so that means more thinking outside the box more, there be top players in waiting hiding in places we least expect.

Stats and Strike like this