test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,871 posts in this topic
Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think talking about Reuben getting is game back is a very generous assessment. Reuben has quality and physical attributes but he has never, not even in youth football, turned those into consistently effective performances. His reputation, and his career to date, are both built on the promise of what he might be capable of doing, not on what he has done. What he has done amounts to more or less less nothing. You seem to be prepared to keep waiting at the station but I don't think the train is coming.

In other words, Ruben is like Nikola / TSLA stock

blues.bridge likes this

ruben did have that season with sarri where he was actually our best player in the second half of that season... but yeah, because of his injury, I doubt he’ll reach those heights again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killer1257 and mkh like this

On 25/09/2020 at 3:31 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

At the moment I rate Elon as having a brighter future than Ruben.

far brighter, but maybe shorter (he could, if it exists to a certain level, use life extension tech), barring accidents or illness, etc

f671046f17b727b5368ae0c6f858fec4.png

On 26/09/2020 at 4:30 AM, oldportblue said:

ruben did have that season with sarri where he was actually our best player in the second half of that season.

I accept that this is a well supported opinion but not by me. My opinion is that, for one reason or another, Ruben simply benefitted from a further period of honeymoon assessments.

Vesper likes this

8 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I accept that this is a well supported opinion but not by me. In my opinion Ruben simply benefitted from another period of honeymoon assessments for one reason or another.

he had some good games and now some are looking back with rose coloured glasses a wee bit too much

I say sell him if he doesn't pan out this year

would prefer we loan him out now for a year

I think he is either perma-damaged or still 1 and a half to 2 years away from a full recovery

I am gutted, as he could have been a monster

killer1257 likes this

Strategically the worst thing the club can do now is to burn a fortune with Rice to satisfy a whim of a coach who has no future at the club.

rice has already proven he’s a very good premier league player though, he would be useful for future managers too...

Fernando likes this

18 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

rice has already proven he’s a very good premier league player though, he would be useful for future managers too...

I won't be so sure about that, it depends on who the manager is because they might have different playstyle. For example a DM who isn't very technical won't work in a team which use tiki-taka.

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

West Ham want Rudiger apparently.

Also previously reported to be after Emerson. And interested in a loan deal for RLC. 

It's fantasy land stuff but just offer them everything. Emerson, Rüdiger on permanent deals + RLC on loan + a bit of money for Rice. :lol: 

Why the fuck would Rüdiger want to go from Chelsea to West Ham? Come on, guys. There are probably plenty of big clubs who would be interested.

And as for avoiding Rice because Frank may be sacked at some point this season, he is a player any manager would love. 

blu35_army, Stats and killer1257 like this

After WBA match the only thing clear is that we fucking need a DM and the best option is Rice. This is huge week.

lucio likes this

11 minutes ago, iceboy said:

After WBA match the only thing clear is that we fucking need a DM and the best option is Rice. This is huge week.

I agree but surely there are better cdms than rice out there , especially for a record transfer 

Supermonkey92 and killer1257 like this