test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,871 posts in this topic

The fee could reach up to 28M euros after bonuses according to The Guardian. That's a bit much IMO. If that's true, I fail to understand how Mendy is seen as a cheap alternative while Onana is rumoured to be available for around 30.

killer1257, mkh and Supermonkey92 like this

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

I think we'll go for rice this window, just a feeling

Only if we are able to offload jorginho and sell kante.

blu35_army likes this

7 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

The fee could reach up to 28M euros after bonuses according to The Guardian. That's a bit much IMO. If that's true, I fail to understand how Mendy is seen as a cheap alternative while Onana is rumoured to be available for around 30.

Mendy is much better. 

8 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Well if he actives the bonuses then that will mean he's living upto expectations. 

Fernando likes this

I guess we would need to sign Mendy in the next three days max if we want him to start against Brighton. 

Ironically, Kepa was motm when we played there on January 1st. 

13 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I would assume the club see Mendy as a better alternative to Onana, not a cheaper one.

Whether he's actually better or not is a whole other question but that's how Cech, Lollichon etc. see it.

kellzfresh and killer1257 like this

This is a transfer we have to trust the likes of Cech on etc....There is a fine margin here as we paid through the nose for Kepa, he's shite so people are hardly jumping through hoops to buy him or take him on loan I assume.

It speaks to me like the club buying Mendy, starting him and saying to Kepa "This is how you do it"

Could be wrong but I simply cannot see anyone being worse than Kepa.

Like mendy is an average keeper.

But kepa was expected to concede like 35 goals last year based on xg and conceded like 46 so an average keeper is a massive upgrade.

Then what you've gotta add into that is that from open play we allowed the 3rd fewest shots with our biggest weakness being set pieces. A big keeper to claim those would help to address a big issue of ours. Our defence was bad last year for sure but no where near as bad as our goals conceded would make it seem.

Strike and Muzchap like this

Also...

Watching all or nothing with spurs we are so lucky we don't have a Daniel levy type or any of them people in high up positions in our club.

Muzchap likes this

If we could pull a Chilwell and get Rice for like 20-30m under what WH are reported to want then that would be mad.

Would WH have the ability to adequately replace him, though? That's the biggest hurdle. If Dec comes out and hands in a transfer request and demands to be sold to Chelsea I think it could happen. Oh, and we'd also have to sell Barkley and Jorginho.

Bakayoko, Michy and Ross for Rice would be good offer for them.

But Marina probably rates Rice 60m, Barkley 40m, Bakayoko 30m, Michy 25m so no chance...

Muzchap likes this

51 minutes ago, Jype said:

I would assume the club see Mendy as a better alternative to Onana, not a cheaper one.

Whether he's actually better or not is a whole other question but that's how Cech, Lollichon etc. see it.

Maybe Cech is like me and doesn't want to see a short goalkeeper at Chelsea. Hilario, Cudicini, I never felt comfortable with them.-_-