test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,871 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think the expectation is that we'll hear something about all of these targets by Friday, right? The Chilwell reports said something about "within 3 days he'll be a Chelsea player." Think that was Monday. Thiago Silva will apparently have his medical tomorrow. There was some kind of deadline in regards to Havertz on the 28th right? Which is Friday. Can't recall what that deadline was, Bayer resume training or off to German team duty.

Hopefully not too much longer. If things advanced as far as was reported by Romano and Falk, it's a bit weird how paperwork is taking so long, though. Maybe the club really is planning a flashy triple announcement.

1 minute ago, Jype said:

I don't think the deadline matters anymore if everything is already agreed between the clubs and it's only a matter of completing the paperwork and Havertz having a medical. They already know he's not going to be their player anymore so even if the move isn't officially signed and sealed before Friday I doubt they're expecting him to show up for pre-season.

But Havertz is going to Germany duty early next week so I'd assume both clubs want the deal done before that. I'm guessing confirmation on Friday, the club probably want to do some social media spectacle to milk everything of the signing so in addition to the medical, contract signing etc. it probably takes a couple more days.

kellzfresh, ZAPHOD2319 and Pizy like this

Just now, Jype said:

As long as he actually makes the saves he's already better than Kepa.

true

5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Somebody here said that Mendy blocks the ball back into play on most of his saves. I went back and looked at his 2019/20 saves, that could be a problem in the PL. 

Out of all the saves in that video only 2 (possibly 3) were parried into any real danger.

kellzfresh and SinineUltra like this

RAJKOVIC was the dream but these types of signings are the next best thing imo

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's a pretty shitty reason not to announce it when the whole world already knows Havertz is leaving so unless the clubs Leverkusen are negotiating with have been living under a rock these last couple months they will know it too.

I think the only delay is preparing the necessary paperwork, Havertz having a medical etc.

Muzchap likes this

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Makes sense. Probably want that lad from Leipzig in first to soften the blow of selling their posterboy.

Muzchap likes this

1 minute ago, Jype said:

That's a pretty shitty reason not to announce it when the whole world already knows Havertz is leaving so unless the clubs Leverkusen are negotiating with have been living under a rock these last couple months they will know it too.

I think the only delay is preparing the necessary paperwork, Havertz having a medical etc.

Just now, Pizy said:

Makes sense. Probably want that lad from Leipzig in first to soften the blow of selling their posterboy.

Such a contrasting view on that. :lol: 

Muzchap likes this

Out of all the saves in that video only 2 (possibly 3) were parried into any real danger.

We need to ask GK coach[mention=12419]Special Juan[/mention]  Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk 

The thing you normally have to worry about with these giant keepers is how quick they are laterally. How fast they can shuffle their feet across goal and how quickly the can sprint out to smother a ball on the ground. 

But to be honest, I'd take the trade off of being slightly weaker in those areas if we got a dude who can utterly dominate anything close to him in the air and who is a dominant shot stopper.

Curious to hear what some of the French league experts have to say about him if these links are true. Haven't heard a thing about him before.

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

The thing you normally have to worry about with these giant keepers is how quick they are laterally. How fast they can shuffle their feet across goal and how quickly the can sprint out to smother a ball on the ground. 

But to be honest, I'd take the trade off of being slightly weaker in those areas if we got a dude who can utterly dominate anything close to him in the air and who is a dominant shot stopper.

Curious to hear what some of the French league experts have to say about him if these links are true. Haven't heard a thing about him before.

Lollichon is 100% the one behind this. He's a huge fan. Back in 2019 when Mendy was still at Reims, he was asked to rank the GKs in Ligue 1 and he picked him at number 1 ahead of Lopes(Lyon) and Maignan(Lille). He also said PL teams must be tracking him because they like big goalies. Back then, he thought it would be difficult for a french team to sign him as there were many teams interested. Tells you how highly he rates him. He always talks on french TV about how he likes GKs who are really big and explosive so they can get to the ground very quickly despite their height.

Muzchap, Strike and kellzfresh like this

Why not go for Martinez from Arsenal? 195 cm beast of a man and he showed he is capable of making world class saves

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Why not go for Martinez from Arsenal? 195 cm beast of a man and he showed he is capable of making world class saves

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I'd have either one of their keepers tbh. Strange how we haven't been hearing anything about their keeper situation. Martinez said publicly that he wouldn't stay to sit on the bench.

DDA and killer1257 like this

On 1/12/2020 at 0:08 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

According to the Metro, Crouch, Wilson, Carroll, Lascelles, Butland, are all Chelsea players. :rolleyes:

The lack of activity suggests we aren't aspiring for average. We are looking for genuine upgrades. 

Nice little bump. 

Reading back, some of the suggestions would of destroyed us had we gone though. 

Mertens or Dembele instead of Werner

Boga instead of Ziyech

Gedson Fernandes instead of Havertz

Lampard was right "‘When you’re creating 20 chances a game and not scoring enough goals that can be crucial’ ‘[But January] is not the ideal window [for] long-term and short-term. It’s about trying to get the choice right [...] considering what’s available’

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Chilly today, Silva tomorrow, Havertz Friday. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼