test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,871 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, because we cannot afford Messi. But if we had the money or if Messi just did not care about the money anymore after the 8:2 defeat, we would be fools to not go for Messi. Messi at City will destroy us and we would win zero titles for the next 2-3 years.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Even if it is not about the money, Messi wants to win the Champions League again. We are not going to win it any time soon. So people can definitely forget about us signing him. 

Mind you, Barcelona did not win everything with Messi at their peak every season under Guardiola. And that Barcelona side are better than City would be with Messi, a much older Messi.

And I know he's Messi, the best player in the world etc, the Premier League would represent a different challenge altogether especially when he's already 33. 

killer1257, Dimitr, BlueLyon and 1 other like this

23 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, because we cannot afford Messi. But if we had the money or if Messi just did not care about the money anymore after the 8:2 defeat, we would be fools to not go for Messi. Messi at City will destroy us and we would win zero titles for the next 2-3 years.

Really debatable if Messi is currently the best player in the world and improve City in many ways.

Because I don’t think he is. He was definitely but now?

Even if it is not about the money, Messi wants to win the Champions League again. We are not going to win it any time soon. So people can definitely forget about us signing him. 
Mind you, Barcelona did not win everything with Messi at their peak every season under Guardiola. And that Barcelona side are better than City would be with Messi, a much older Messi.
And I know he's Messi, the best player in the world etc, the Premier League would represent a different challenge altogether especially when he's already 33. 

Yes, a different challenge, but people here make it seem that Messi struggles against PL teams, which is not true. He may be small, but he clearly has put some muscles on and when guys like Mahrez, Aguero, Bernardo and David Silva can make it in Pl, why should Messi not make it in PL, who is way better than those guys I mentioned.

I know we have 0 chances of getting Messi. But saying that we should not go for Messi if Messi wanted to come to us and would not care about money, is a little bit foolish. And Messi with KDB in the team would mean that they are the favourites for the PL title for 2-3 years. It would be a huge blow for our new project if Messi goes to City because next three years, we would win not much at all. Havertz by then has two years left on his contract and who knows, if he then wants another challenge etc. because he won nothing with us.

Me personally, I just do not want to see Messi in PL. I am just to afraid seeing him at City,especially after we spent so much.

Really debatable if Messi is currently the best player in the world and improve City in many ways.
Because I don’t think he is. He was definitely but now?
He has 56 scorers this season and that makes 53% of all goals Barcelona scored this season.
Have you seen Messi this season? Bayern match does not count. Even prime Messi wouldn't have changed that result. He just plays with bad players and has to carry them alone

Muzchap likes this

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, a different challenge, but people here make it seem that Messi struggles against PL teams, which is not true. He may be small, but he clearly has put some muscles on and when guys like Mahrez, Aguero, Bernardo and David Silva can make it in Pl, why should Messi not make it in PL, who is way better than those guys I mentioned.

I know we have 0 chances of getting Messi. But saying that we should not go for Messi if Messi wanted to come to us and would not care about money, is a little bit foolish. And Messi with KDB in the team would mean that they are the favourites for the PL title for 2-3 years. It would be a huge blow for our new project if Messi goes to City because next three years, we would win not much at all. Havertz by then has two years left on his contract and who knows, if he then wants another challenge etc. because he won nothing with us.

Me personally, I just do not want to see Messi in PL. I am just to afraid seeing him at City,especially after we spent so much.

Would Messi really make that huge of a difference at Man City? I mean, he might help them win the Champions League or get past the quarter finals but domestically, City have been dominating it in the last few seasons and winning the cups and league and that is without Messi. They are always the favorites without Messi and that wouldn't change with Messi at all. They aren't unbeatable and certainly won't be either with Messi. 

Without Messi Barcelona  will be like West Ham 🤣 . 
Real Madrid domination for year coming easily.

Very aged squad  , they are all veterans players  except (ter stegen, dembelle , griezman ,de jong and of course Messi )

killer1257 and Muzchap like this

To think that the player power we once had with Terry, Lampard, Drogba etc was bad. The one with Messi at Barcelona is like next level, 100x worse. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ehh, with our recruitment this summer and what I'm sure will continue next summer I'm not so sure we should be dismissing our chances in the CL so quickly. I mean, Bayern were a level above everyone else but the other 3 semi finalists were nothing special. We are miles better than Lyon or Leipzig and I'd fancy our new look team against bottlers PSG as well. You get to the last 4 and anything can happen.

I wouldn't write us off challenging for the CL within the next 2 years if we get hot at the right time.

Just now, Pizy said:

Ehh, with our recruitment this summer and what I'm sure will continue next summer I'm not so sure we should be dismissing our chances in the CL so quickly. I mean, Bayern were a level above everyone else but the other 3 semi finalists were nothing special. We are miles better than Lyon or Leipzig and I'd fancy our new look team against bottlers PSG as well. You get to the last 4 and anything can happen.

I wouldn't write us off challenging for the CL within the next 2 years if we get hot at the right time.

Show improvement, get past the round of 16 first and then we'll see. 

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He has 56 scorers this season and that makes 53% of all goals Barcelona scored this season.
Have you seen Messi this season? Bayern match does not count. Even prime Messi wouldn't have changed that result. He just plays with bad players and has to carry them alone

While La Liga has top sides, the rest of them are awful like Championship level. And that is where Messi got most of his goals from.

He got scored zero against RM, zero against Villarreal, 1 against Sevilla (Free Kick), 1 against Sociedad (but it was a pen) and 1 against Atletico Madrid (but it was a pen).

Against decent sides he’s bang average this season.

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He's three foot yet he's got a head like Harry McGuire:D

Reckon he'd be good without the growth hormones Messi took. Running rings round people, very low centre of gravity, nutmegging Pogba and then running between his legs

4 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He's three foot yet he's got a head like Harry McGuire:D

Wonder if he headbutts like him to