test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,871 posts in this topic

Rummenigge criticizes David Alaba’s agents over salary demands

Bayern Munich’s CEO delivered a thinly veiled commentary about the salary demands Pini Zahavi is making on behalf of his client David Alaba.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/7/24/21336717/karl-heinz-rummenigge-bayern-munich-criticize-david-alaba-agent-pini-zahavi-contract-extension

After the comments Karl-Heinz Rummenigge made at Leroy Sané’s official presentation, the proverbial ball is in David Alaba’s court. The Bayern Munich CEO indicated with unusual candor that Bayern has “put its cards on the table”: Alaba seemingly can take it or leave it.

Rummenigge said (SPORT1), “It’s nice that he can imagine staying in Munich. His agent told Hasan that.” But it still comes down to money, Rummenigge continued:

“It’s no secret that contract negotiations, as always, are about finances. We have laid our cards openly on the table. Now it’s up to his agent, his father, who is also involved in the talks, and at the end of the chain David himself whether he would like to spent the next few years at this club, where he has played successfully for twelve years.”

Rummenigge delivered a thinly veiled commentary on Zahavi’s efforts: “Concerning salaries at the elite level, this or that agent still seems to be of the opinion that the sun is still shining brightly on the world outside despite the coronavirus. That is not the case. But perhaps at the end of the day there will still be an opportunity to reach a compromise.”

BFW Analysis

Zahavi and George Alaba must be playing hardball to warrant such a firm and public critique from Rummenigge. Rummenigge gives the impression that Bayern will not improve whatever terms the club has already offered. That is presumably less than the €20 million or more that Alaba is supposedly demanding through his agents.

A salary on that scale would put him virtually on par with the highest-paid players at Bayern Munich: Robert Lewandowski, Manuel Neuer, and Thomas Müller. Alaba certainly will get a raise, but Bayern apparently will not be bullied into more.

snip

and off he goes from any of my lists, lolololol

£351K PW is madness

Atomiswave and King Kante like this

Speaking of Theo Hernandez, from what I've read about him he appears to be awesome going forward but utterly hopeless defensively. Which is pretty much the last thing we need, no?

Puliiszola, Massie and killer1257 like this

is there even a left back with some defensive qualities? how come every one of them is only good in attack

Alabama likes this

Summary:

• Deal is getting closer and closer, Chelsea is No. 1 in the race

• Playing Champions League is important to Havertz, but not necessarily a deal-breaker

• Chelsea will have to get clever with payments if they miss CL

• There is an agreement between Havertz and Chelsea

• “I’m really sure it will happen” with one question mark being Champions League

• Rudiger “flirts” a lot with Havertz 

• Real was trying to make a swap deal, Leverkusen didn’t want that

• Havertz likes the idea of playing in Chelsea’s team: Kante providing defensive support and Frank allowing him to express himself on the right

• Marina is playing a big part in the deal

• Long story short: UCL or not, if Chelsea pay what Leverkusen are asking, the deal will get done

• Expect things to move rapidly after Sunday, since Chelsea will have a clearer picture of their finances

• Even if Chelsea miss CL, Havertz sees the bright future and many CL seasons are ahead. Werner signing also helps him

• Lampard has told Werner that he will play as a Striker and not on the LW

• Marina was the one who stopped Giroud leaving in the winter as she was really close to his wife

• Zakaria is on the shortlist of Chelsea

Muzchap and Massie like this

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

Honestly Theo under the right manager and management will sooner become a beast and one of the best left back in the world already on his way to...last rumour I saw we enquire about him and AC quoted 45m which will be a steal compared to Ben...

Bakayoko and Emerson for Theo swap. Fair deal.

Alabama likes this

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Apart from Ziyech they are all more finishers than creators. a bit more creative input from the fullbacks wont hurt

Kai, Werner and Hakim all have more assists this season than any Chelsea player. I think they are all more creative than what we have now.

For next season it depends on setup.

City and Liverpool both have 5 very offensive players but in different setup.

Liverpool 3 strikers and 2 FBs. Mane, Firmino, Salah, Robertson and TAA.

Man.City 3 strikers and 2 AMs. Sterling, Aguero, Mahrez, B.Silva, KDB.

None of Pool midfielders do much offensively just like City full backs.

With Kai, Timo, Hakim and Puli we need one more offensively oriented player to have same balance as them. 

I would go with LB. So this is 5. And we have Azpi as RB (defensively oriented FB) plus I would go with Kante and Kovacic as 2 MFs behind Kai. 

This is why when we play James (not good defensively) we go with Azpi as LB or 5 at the back. James-Alonso/Emerson I think we used just once this season because they are shit defensively.

Alabama and Muzchap like this

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

is there even a left back with some defensive qualities? how come every one of them is only good in attack

Because about ten years ago everyone was masturbating over Barca's tika taka so a lot of clubs had their youth teams set up their coaching to produce similar type players. This is also why there are hardly any decent CB's knocking about either as quality on the ball was prized over defensive fundamentals. 

Muzchap likes this

2 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

So is onana actually any good? Seen him v us obviously but can't remember much of him. Is he that much of an upgrade on the tube we've got now (I know that's not hard)

Apparently he is very talented, playing at the highest level for some years, and would not cost a lot.

Massie likes this

18 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

So is onana actually any good? Seen him v us obviously but can't remember much of him. Is he that much of an upgrade on the tube we've got now (I know that's not hard)

Better than Kepa but still error-prones according to Ajax fans.

killer1257 likes this

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Better than Kepa but still error-prones according to Ajax fans.

Yeah, I have been doing a bit more research on Onana recently. From what I have seen, he is one of those GK's that cannot handle anything and pushes everything away, a lot of time back into dangerous areas. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I have been doing a bit more research on Onana recently. From what I have seen, he is one of those GK's that cannot handle anything and pushes everything away, a lot of time back into dangerous areas. 

I do not rate him at all.

killer1257 and kellzfresh like this

Gotta wonder what the fuck is our scouting department doing...
I also said in the transfer target thread that he is a very clumsy GK, but stats wise he seems to be good this season.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

I also said in the transfer target thread that he is a very clumsy GK, but stats wise he seems to be good this season.

Stats mean F all if Onana is gonna make blunders like those above. The Premier League is much more physical than the Eredivisie and we certainly don't need a keeper who is gonna flap at crosses. What's the point of having someone opposite to Kepa? Might as well just keep him then...

Muzchap and kellzfresh like this

Stats mean F all if Onana is gonna make blunders like those above. The Premier League is much more physical than the Eredivisie and we certainly don't need a keeper who is gonna flap at crosses. What's the point of having someone opposite to Kepa? Might as well just keep him then...

Onana is definitely one of the most physical GK around and he may be even one of the most technical players out there. I think only Nick Pope catches more balls than Onana in Europe. I have read a stat saying that somewhere. Good jumping abilities too. He is just clumsy and that is his biggest issue.