test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,871 posts in this topic

no
hard pass
short (he was always listed at 1.72m at Barca, not he has magically grown 3cms at Getafe?), I was not impressed with him at Barca
he is shit defensively too
and in almost 3700 minutes (including mostly in pinball La Liga), 1 goal, 6 assists all comps
€30m for him is MADNESS

La Liga is better than Bundesliga, Serie A and Eredivisie and he plays just for Getafe. It is easier to assist or score when you play for Ajax or Porto and I would not give too much attention for assist and goal stats. Clubs like Ajax or Porto are very dominant in their leagues. Getafe is just a mid table team at best. Me personally, I do not know that guy. I would go for Gosens or Telles. But I do not think that any of those two will solve our defensive problems either. But at least they solve our offensive problems.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

If this is true then Alex Telles. 
13 goals and 12 assists this season. 
But with Pulisic, Havertz, Werner and Ziyech upfront not sure we need offensive type? I think these boys will produce so much forward that I am fine with other midfielders and full backs being more defensively oriented. 
Telles is the penaldo taker of Porto, as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Telles is the penaldo taker of Porto, as far as I know.

Yep, 9 of his 13 goals have been from penalties. So not that many goals form open play but plenty of assists.

killer1257 and Supermonkey92 like this

27 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If this is true then Alex Telles. 

13 goals and 12 assists this season. 

But with Pulisic, Havertz, Werner and Ziyech upfront not sure we need offensive type? I think these boys will produce so much forward that I am fine with other midfielders and full backs being more defensively oriented. 

or Gosens

c685e35b696928135c160d022556fea2.png

the only 3 Spanish players who actually (1 is not really due to insane price) I would be thrilled to see here 

Saúl Ñíguez   (insanely expensive, far out of our price range)
Ferran Torres   (and TBH, if we get Havertz, we are set for now in terms of left-footed wingers/SS/False Nine/AMF types in Havertz and Ziyech) <<< Pep wants him BAD, which sucks

Mikel Oyarzabal (far too expensive to be a backup winger, and he would never settle for that anyway)

maybe Pau Torres, but not 100% sold on him yet )another one Pep is looking at)

Sergi Roberto is 29yo in February, so zero long term value there

Gaya gas a 100m euro release clause, so Valencia can jog on

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

La Liga is better than Bundesliga, Serie A and Eredivisie and he plays just for Getafe. It is easier to assist or score when you play for Ajax or Porto and I would not give too much attention for assist and goal stats. Clubs like Ajax or Porto are very dominant in their leagues. Getafe is just a mid table team at best. Me personally, I do not know that guy. I would go for Gosens or Telles. But I do not think that any of those two will solve our defensive problems either. But at least they solve our offensive problems.

Cucurella is a LMF, he played TWO games at fullback all season (out of 45 played) and I mean MF, not LWB, as they play with back 4, a 4 4 2 formation

Getafe bought him off Barca for £9m, now, after one meh season (they finished 8th, 33 points behind RM and choked away a  Europa League place) they want to triple the price, lololol

Getafe went winless in their last 5 games, and scored ONE goal total, they won ONE of their last 12 La Liga games, and were shut out in 7 of those games, including v Levante, Alaves, Osasuna, Espanyol, and Celta Vigo (3 of those are bottom 5 teams, none are in the top half, other than Osasuna at 10th)

Cucurella has major fail (and another £27m shit down the loo on a middling fullback, who doesn't even PLAY FB or even wingback) written all over him

he is small, weak, poor defensively

7 EL games, zero goals, zero assists

he hasn't scored a goal in almost 8 months, has 2 assists since October, every assist was against a shit team, except for one v Athletic Bilbao (in August 2019, lol)

I cannot stress how unhappy I am going to be if he is who we buy for a LB

killer1257 likes this

Apart from Ziyech they are all more finishers than creators. a bit more creative input from the fullbacks wont hurt
Pulisic is a creator as much as he scores.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Why cant we go for Alex Grimaldo...

overrated, small (really small, 1.71m, SEVENTEEN cm shorter than Alonso, 13 cms shorter than Theo and Gosens), poor defensively, zero Big 5 experience

plus he is injured for the last 2 months

6 CL games, zero goals, zero assists

2 EL games 1 assist

none of his assists came against quality teams, other than 1 against Shakhtar (when Benfica crashed out of the EL)

half of his assists came in 2 games, against the 2nd from the bottom (and relegated) Portimonense and then the turgid Boavista, back in 2019

his last goal was almost a full year ago

hard pass again 

I have no clue why we keep getting linked to these short, middling, Spanish fullbacks

Alabama likes this

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

overrated, small (really small, 1.71m, SEVENTEEN cm shorter than Alonso, 13 cms shorter than Theo and Gosens), poor defensively, zero Big 5 experience

plus he is injured for the last 2 months

6 CL games, zero goals, zero assists

2 EL games 1 assist

none of his assists came against quality teams, other than 1 against Shakhtar (when Benfica crashed out of the EL)

half of his assists came in 2 games, against the 2nd from the bottom (and relegated) Portimonense and then the turgid Boavista, back in 2019

his last goal was almost a full year ago

hard pass again 

I have no clue why we keep getting linked to these short, middling, Spanish fullbacks

Them let Lampard go all out for my first choice left back lord Theo Hernadez...

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Alabama said:

Them let Lampard go all out for my first choice left back lord Theo Hernadez...

NOW you are talking!

has been my number one now for a good while

the only LB's I would rate over him are Alphonso Davies, Alaba (who doesn't even want to play fullback anymore), Robertson, and Theo's brother Lucas (who also is now a CB, lol and whom I would play at CB if I had both brothers)

FUCKING BAYERN and fullbacks (Kimmich, who also doesn't even play at RB anymore, and is probably the best or at least 2nd best DMF on the planet), plus Pavard, who also plays CB on occasion)

Theo is big, strong, pacy, decent on both ends, young, massive upside

I would take him over Chilwell all day long (even if they were the same price, as in £40-45m)

Chilwell for £80m can fuck off, that is madness

the last player (yes, I know, we did get Kante from them) we bought from Leicester was bloody Drinkwater

call it a day dealing with them

our luck was all used up with Kante

lol

candidate for shit article of the day

Man United sealing Jadon Sancho transfer could see Chelsea miss out on £41m-rated attacker

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/07/26/man-utd-signing-sancho-could-see-chelsea-target-ikone-join-dortmund/

Manchester United sealing the transfer of Jadon Sancho could have the bonus of dealing a blow to Chelsea’s plans as well, according to reports.

The Red Devils continue to be linked with Sancho by the Times, and they claim Dortmund are looking at Lille forward Jonathan Ikone in a potential £41million deal to replace Sancho.

lolol

as if we would drop over 40m quid on Ikone , who has just 3 goals as an AMF in over 2000 minutes of shit Ligue 1 footie (and only 3 in almost 3000 minutes last year)

Atomiswave, killer1257 and Massie like this

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

NOW you are talking!

has been my number one now for a good while

the only LB's I would rate over him are Alphonso Davies, Alaba (who doesn't even want to play fullback anymore), Robertson, and Theo's brother Lucas (who also is now a CB, lol and whom I would play at CB if I had both brothers)

FUCKING BAYERN and fullbacks (Kimmich, who also doesn't even play at RB anymore, and is probably the best or at least 2nd best DMF on the planet), plus Pavard, who also plays CB on occasion)

Theo is big, strong, pacy, decent on both ends, young, massive upside

I would take him over Chilwell all day long (even if they were the same price, as in £40-45m)

Chilwell for £80m can fuck off, that is madness

the last player (yes, I know, we did get Kante from them) we bought from Leicester was bloody Drinkwater

call it a day dealing with them

our luck was all used up with Kante

Honestly Theo under the right manager and management will sooner become a beast and one of the best left back in the world already on his way to...last rumour I saw we enquire about him and AC quoted 45m which will be a steal compared to Ben...

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Alabama said:

Honestly Theo under the right manager and management will sooner become a beast and one of the best left back in the world already on his way to...last rumour I saw we enquire about him and AC quoted 45m which will be a steal compared to Ben...

he is 2cms taller than Lucas too, so I wonder IF he might be a conversion possibility for CB as well

that would solve the hell out of our left footed CM yearnings

there just are so so few great left footed CB's who are actually available

not sold on Alaba as an EPL CB due to size (he is only 1.80m and not the biggest of lads, although he surely is better than what we have now for many types of games)

it is basically Romagnoli than a massive drop after him and Alaba

Evan N'Dicka    left-footed (probably the choice after those two above or a Theo conversion, but a bit of a dice role)
Pau Torres        left-footed (still not 100% convinced, and I am Spanish player jittery atm)
Dan-Axel Zagadou   left-footed (1.96m beast, but not sure on his pace)
Gabriel Magalhães     left-footed (the more I watched, the less I liked, lack of pace worries me)

Malang Sarr (is a free agent, only 21yo but has a 4 year starter for Nice already)  left-footed (only 1.82m though)

Ake (even shorter, 1.79m-1.80m)

and the 2 19yo's at Monaco

Strahinja Pavlovic (19yo beast, 1.94m, left footed)  
Benoît Badiashile (another 19yo left footer at Monaco, 1.92m)

Salisu was just purchased by Southampton

so thats it in terms of any quality out there who is actually available

Alabama likes this

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he is 2cms taller than Lucas too, so I wonder IF he might be a conversion possibility for CB as well

that would solve the hell out of our left footed CM yearnings

there just are so so few great left footed CB's who are actually available

not sold on Alaba as an EPL CB due to size (he is only 1.80m and not the biggest of lads, although he surely is better than what we have now for many types of games)

it is basically Romagnoli than a massive drop after him and Alaba

Evan N'Dicka    left-footed (probably the choice after those two above or a Theo conversion, but a bit of a dice role)
Pau Torres        left-footed (still not 100% convinced, and I am Spanish player jittery atm)
Dan-Axel Zagadou   left-footed (1.96m beast, but not sure on his pace)
Gabriel Magalhães     left-footed (the more I watched, the less I liked, lack of pace worries me)

Malang Sarr (is a free agent, only 21yo but has a 4 year starter for Nice already)  left-footed (only 1.82m though)

Ake (even shorter, 1.79m-1.80m)

and the 2 19yo's at Monaco

Strahinja Pavlovic (19yo beast, 1.94m, left footed)  
Benoît Badiashile (another 19yo left footer at Monaco, 1.92m)

Salisu was just purchased by Southampton

so thats it in terms of any quality out there who is actually available

Yeah that's why Theo makes the most sense as other options after Rogmanoli which might not be interested in the move is a huge drop off for me...

Denis Zakaria is “on the shortlist of Chelsea” according to @cfbayern
I do not find the original tweet

14 hours ago, Alabama said:

Yeah that's why Theo makes the most sense as other options after Rogmanoli which might not be interested in the move is a huge drop off for me...

plus this is the last year for Alaba on my lists at all

He turns 29 right after the coming season ends

makes zero sense to buy a player (unless it is a GKer) who we only get one sub 30yo season out of

its why Koulibaly and Alex Sandro are off

and next year a shedload of other will be (1992 was just a loaded year for football players)

hell, I myself turn 30 in a little over 28 months, eeek

Alabama likes this

14 minutes ago, jandomi10 said:

Denis Zakaria is “on the shortlist of Chelsea” according to @cfbayern

I doubt it’s true but would be sensible buy. One of the best dms in Buli for years now

23 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I do not find the original tweet

It was in some interview 

killer1257 likes this