test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,871 posts in this topic

I see the Onana links are popping up again. Something I hadn't considered until now is AFCON. Every team is used to coping without outfield players during that competition, but it would be pretty significant to be without your #1 keeper for an extended period.

killer1257 and Vesper like this

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see the Onana links are popping up again. Something I hadn't considered until now is AFCON. Every team is used to coping without outfield players during that competition, but it would be pretty significant to be without your #1 keeper for an extended period.

We will have Kepa to cover up for him :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

not just that but the pitches down there are usually SHIT, and the lesser teams go all thug ball, and injuries thus rack up far too often

killer1257 likes this

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not a problem for next season because AFCON21 was delayed until 2022. And I believe the next African championships after that are scheduled for June-July so it's not going to affect clubs anymore in the future.

Losing him for a few games in the season after next can't seriously be considered a factor when deciding whether to get Onana or not.

killer1257 and Pizy like this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

But some times the shenanigans that players do off the pitch can be telling about their mentality and in Jovic's case, he clearly hasn't done much to impress Zidane this season.

Tbf Benzema is enjoying a renaissance of sorts this season having got 23 goals and 10 assists as well as 9 MoTM awards so far so its clear to see why Jovic isn’t playing, regardless of the off field stuff. Fair Jovic has had some issues off the field breaking lockdown protocols but so has Kyle Walker, Hudson-Odoi, Jack Grealish among many others off the top of my head. Jovic has also had injuries at Madrid which haven't helped and I think he has maybe not expected the difference to have been quite as severe when he moved to Madrid based on what he had done in Germany before.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf Benzema is enjoying a renaissance of sorts this season having got 23 goals and 10 assists as well as 9 MoTM awards so far so its clear to see why Jovic isn’t playing, regardless of the off field stuff. 

If Jovic was doing alright, training hard, keeping his head down etc, despite not playing much, we wouldn't be seeing stories about his availability in the market, would we?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

If Jovic was doing alright, training hard, keeping his head down etc, despite not playing much, we wouldn't be seeing stories about his availability in the market, would we?

Madrid need to sell players before buying to raise funds for players such as Pogba or Havertz who they are monitoring. Hakimi was another one they sold for this reason (as well as he didnt fancy being second choice) and James, Jovic, Brahim Diaz and a few others will be the same if a suitable offer is made. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Madrid need to sell players before buying to raise funds for players such as Pogba or Havertz who they are monitoring. Hakimi was another one they sold for this reason (as well as he didnt fancy being second choice) and James, Jovic and a few others will be the same. 

Well yeah but Jovic has only been there for one season. If Zidane was happy with him, he wouldn't be on the market. With James, Bale etc, that's understandable and obvious.

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf Benzema is enjoying a renaissance of sorts this season having got 23 goals and 10 assists as well as 9 MoTM awards so far so its clear to see why Jovic isn’t playing, regardless of the off field stuff. Fair Jovic has had some issues off the field breaking lockdown protocols but so has Kyle Walker, Hudson-Odoi, Jack Grealish among many others off the top of my head. 

last season he had 30 goals, all comps

the bloke has averaged 25 goals a year for club and country for 13 straight seasons

he played almost every minute of this league season so far

25 major trophies (soon 26 or 27)

including

9a4a53aebac5a42f7eb5d01213941cb4.png

beast, so underrated

OneMoSalah likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Does Onana even start for Cameroon?

52 minutes ago, Vesper said:

last season he had 30 goals, all comps

the bloke has averaged 25 goals a year for club and country for 13 straight seasons

he played almost every minute of this league season so far

25 major trophies (soon 26 or 27)

including

9a4a53aebac5a42f7eb5d01213941cb4.png

beast, so underrated

He was always under appreciated when Ronaldo was there but he has emerged as a key figurehead for them since he left and the last 2 seasons he has been doing what he does best. His general play has always been fantastic for me, like having a number 10 upfront, similar to Firmino at Liverpool. He was a big reason as to why Bale and Ronaldo worked so well with him during the years they were putting up insane numbers even if Benzema’s werent as high as they could have been. 

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well yeah but Jovic has only been there for one season. If Zidane was happy with him, he wouldn't be on the market. With James, Bale etc, that's understandable and obvious.

True but again, as we have seen with Ozil, James (loaned to Bayern), Di Maria, Morata. Madrid will sell/get rid of players if they feel the need to. Regardless of how good they are. Brahim Diaz is also a potential casualty for them this window but his career has stalled since going to Real. Jovic may have a better season next year at Madrid if he stays, it wouldnt surprise me but it also wouldnt surprise me if they offloaded him as he is a sellable asset to get someone else in. Leicester have been linked to Jovic in the last week or so.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I have no doubt that this will not happen 😂 He didnt want to come here 2 years ago and I don't see it now. He would be an unbelievable signing though but the chances of it happening are practically 0.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

yes, he has overtaken Fabrice Ondoa

Family rivalry. They are cousins.

killer1257 likes this

#Chelsea have agreed a deal for #Onana, he’s happy to join, £27m. There has been a ‘verbal agreement’ between both clubs.

He’s been assured his place in the starting lineup. Blue circle are trying to offload #Kepa before signing the #Ajax Goalkeeper. 

:rolleyes:

After Ziyech , Onana next Tagliafico  :D

#Chelsea have agreed a deal for #Onana, he’s happy to join, £27m. There has been a ‘verbal agreement’ between both clubs.
He’s been assured his place in the starting lineup. Blue circle are trying to offload #Kepa before signing the #Ajax Goalkeeper. 

:rolleyes:
Who said that?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jason said:

But some times the shenanigans that players do off the pitch can be telling about their mentality and in Jovic's case, he clearly hasn't done much to impress Zidane this season.

Maybe, think Zidane has his favourites though. Reckon benzema is definitely one of those.