test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,256 posts in this topic

Congratulations to U16 midfielder Malik Mothersille, who has joined Chelsea from Leyton Orient. He'll become a part of this summer's scholarship intake.

Juventus' Merih Demiral Set for Surgery on ACL Injury, Will Miss Rest of Season

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871108-juventus-merih-demiral-set-for-surgery-on-acl-injury-will-miss-rest-of-season
massive blow
insane how many major players are dropping like flies Europe wide
Two ACL injuries in the same game. Sad sight
Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Athletico Paranaense president confirms Arsenal are interested in Bruno Guimaraes but will have to fight off competition from Benfica who have already bid for midfielder

Reports said Arsenal and Chelsea had revived their interest in Bruno Guimaraes 
But Athletico Paranaense's president said Benfica have already submitted a bid
The 22-year-old has been watched by Arsenal and Chelsea scouts recently 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7883809/Athletico-Paranaense-president-confirms-Arsenal-interested-midfielder-Bruno-Guimaraes.html

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Athletico Paranaense president confirms Arsenal are interested in Bruno Guimaraes but will have to fight off competition from Benfica who have already bid for midfielder

Reports said Arsenal and Chelsea had revived their interest in Bruno Guimaraes 
But Athletico Paranaense's president said Benfica have already submitted a bid
The 22-year-old has been watched by Arsenal and Chelsea scouts recently 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7883809/Athletico-Paranaense-president-confirms-Arsenal-interested-midfielder-Bruno-Guimaraes.html

Doesn't he have a release clause of 25 millions?

4 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Doesn't he have a release clause of 25 millions?

€40 million (£34 million)

db7be34acf8a795ac38e9ef10868fc87.png

Nicco likes this

The Sun has always been poor, horrific even, with gossip and non-factual shit

but this window they are now at a level of just pure lies and pure fiction on most all to do with transfer market news

they literally are making shit up on most articles

I will never again post anything from them

I think all their articles should be self banned from the board voluntarily by other posters (just a suggestion)

it isn't just rumours, they literally are lying over things, not even using shaded language

this was the straw that broke the camel's back for me

it is all a flat out lie

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10708648/piatek-tottenham-transfer-ac-milan-kane/

the fuckers said it was DONE, and went into great detail on payment and then even added the 'coming for the medical' part

they have been called out on it by other sites

so

no more Sun from me

I hope all choose this path as well

On 1/12/2020 at 9:07 PM, Pizy said:

Think Lewis Dunk is a solid player, tbh. Wouldn't be a bad buy at all.

As for Ake today, keep in mind that he was stupidly deployed at LB by Eddie Howe after being out injured for a while. I don't think he was bad at all even playing out of position. Only thing I really saw him struggle with is chasing back after the RW which of course he'd struggle at since he's a CB.

I do not often push alternative, off-the-wall theories

but I wonder if Howe played Ake at LB to scare us off as he is desperate to keep him and we are the only team that simply can snap our fingers and take him back, and, due to the fact Ake is left-footed and has played LB before, it has to go into our calculations a bit

so showing that Ake sucks at LB (he does, at least in that game) maybe Howe was hoping that his poor play there diminishes our interest in him

also, if he had a screamer at CB, then that would further pique our interest

crazy thoughts and probably not true, but it did work on me, as his left-footedness is a big draw for me, but after that display, no thanks for him at LB ever with us, unless it was an extreme emergency

Depressing.

I'd take Dembele and Ake just for the sake of seeing somebody shaking Marinas hand. Transfer windows have become dead boring these days. 

turgi, Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Depressing.

I'd take Dembele and Ake just for the sake of seeing somebody shaking Marinas hand. Transfer windows have become dead boring these days. 

On the other hand, we are not pressing the panic button and getting things done in a lot better way. 

Fernando, ulsterchelsea and DDA like this

Based on the current trend we're due a strong summer window.

2014/15 - Good. Fabregas and Costa

2015/16 - Poor. Pedro came good but having won the league the year before it felt like no ambition to kick on

2016/17 - Good. Kante; To a lesser extent Luiz and Alonso were important signings for Conte to win the title

2017/18 - Poor. Besides Rudiger, probably our most wasteful window in history

2018/19 - Good. Kepa, Jorginho, Kovacic on a loan that turned permanent

2019/20 - Poor. Unable to buy.

2020/21 - ??

Johnnyeye, Mufassir08 and Vesper like this

Can you guys imagine how much just Alaba and Sancho can transform this team? We would be almost unstoppable offensively. Use Pulisic as AM. He has impressive stats there. 31 games 11 goals and 12 assists. 

Kepa

James   Rudiger   ?   Alaba 

Kova/Jorgi   Kante/Jorgi 

Sancho    Pulisic    CHO 

Tammy/Dembele/Werner 

🔥🔥🔥

Johnnyeye likes this

Exactly we already done that in the past and end up with dead wood. Zapacosta, Drinkwater are a few that come to mind. 

I much rather not sign anyone and hold til the summer when we can get the target that we want. 

Alabama and Johnnyeye like this

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Can you guys imagine how much just Alaba and Sancho can transform this team? We would be almost unstoppable offensively. Use Pulisic as AM. He has impressive stats there. 31 games 11 goals and 12 assists. 

Kepa

James   Rudiger   ?   Alaba 

Kova/Jorgi   Kante/Jorgi 

Sancho    Pulisic    CHO 

Tammy/Dembele/Werner 

🔥🔥🔥

MOST OF THIS FOLLOWING IS ALL IN THE SUMMER

Sell Kante, buy Lautaro Martinez instead of Werner with the cash

time to cash in on wee baldy this summer (our last chance to get huge money for him), he simply is not worth eating around £100m for what we brings to the team the way we use him now and the style of football we play

he needs to play in a counter attacking system, which we are not going to play

buy Rice (especially if West Ham is relegated) in the summer to replace on the roster (or Camavinga)

go for Gosens at LB now (work out a swap deal with Emerson or even Alonso for him)

sell the other LB in the summer and buy Alaba (who can play CB too, there is your ball playing CB option as well)

probably need to renew Willian as we cannot buy two wingers in the same window due to other needs

if Villa are relegated, I would move for Grealish at AMF, even if not, still would try

leaves as our 25-man roster

3 GK Kepa plus but a new b/u (Willy will be 39 ffs), and then Cumming 3rd string

4 CB Rudiger, AC, Tomori, Zouma

2 LB Alaba, Gosens (Alaba who can play CB if needed)

2 RB Reece, Azpi

2 DMF  Jorginho, Declan Rice (or Camavinga who is also a CMF)

3 CMF Kovacic, Barkley, RLC (also can play AMF)

2 AMF Grealish (or some other great AMF creative, Maddison will break this budget unfortunately and Leicester will fight to the death to keep him thsi summer), Mount

4 Wingers  Sancho, CHO, Puli, Willian

3 Strikers Tammy, Lautaro Martinez (or Werner if that fails), Josh Maja (Bordeaux, we have scouted him, will not cost much) 

sell (on top of all the ones we already have sold)

Kante, Alonso, Emerson, Giroud, Bats, Drinkwater (good luck) Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Baba, Kenedy (may walk on a free), Pedro (may walk on a free) van Ginkel (may walk on a free), Musonda, Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown, Piazon, Moses, Mario Pašalić  (Atalanta is buying him), Jamal Blackman, Nathan Baxter, Jake Clarke-Salter, Matt Miazga, Richard Nartey, Jacob Maddox, Luke McCormick, Danilo Pantić

the money definitely works, 100%, to do it all, as long as we sell all that utter dregs (and add that to what we already have sold in the past windows) and Kante

obviously the hard ones are (1) Lautaro or Werner, (2) Sancho, (3) Grealish (or some other great AMF in his rough price range, Maddison will cost too much unless we dump Alaba, go cheaper for Gosens' LB partner (I will not get into all that here, plus as I said Leicester will be absolute cunts to deal with for Maddison), and probably also give up on Lautaro and all out go for lower priced (by a lot) Werner), (4) Rice or Camavinga, and  (5) Alaba

IF Kante is not sold, no chance we will pull all 5 positions (at least those WC or potentially WC players, plus we then will have to admit we are going to never get over 100m (and probably a LOT less) for Kante (plus all the chaos he causes by us forcing him into the lineup at a poor position for him)

I am OVER Chilwell, not a chance I can justify £80m for him, HELL NO, that would be disastrous if he sucks up so much of the budget (especially if we stupidly do not sell Kante) that we cannot land Sancho AND one of the two BIG strikers, plus a wicked good AMF (if Kante is not sold, I think we will not move for a DMF of true quality, which is also fucked up)

If we get Gosens, and then another decent LB, missing out on Alaba will not completely gut me as long as we bang on nail all those other options

Johnnyeye likes this