Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Zaha is pretty much set and stone to come here imo come January or the summer.. Did not get move to Arsenal or Everton. Pedro and Willian could both be out the door next season. Zaha is in his prime, English and while is a bit of an enigma, would certainly be a good addition. CHO and Pulisic very young and we still could do with another winger. He is too good for Palace and get the sense he is stalling there. Needs that step up again. The United move came at the wrong time in terms of maturity and Moyes replaced SAF.

My God. The season has not even started and we are looking at targets. 

Why will we need a CB if ac, rudi, zouma and tomori perform well. 

Have we given Tammy a proper go to even warrant thinking about buying a striker?

This is such an awesome situation for us with a lot of young players getting a first chance to prove something. We need to be patient. They are not going to be world class over night. The last thing we need is to pre meditate targets without even giving the youth a shot.

Hopeless thread.

1 minute ago, 1905didierblue said:

My God. The season has not even started and we are looking at targets. 

Why will we need a CB if ac, rudi, zouma and tomori perform well. 

Have we given Tammy a proper go to even warrant thinking about buying a striker?

This is such an awesome situation for us with a lot of young players getting a first chance to prove something. We need to be patient. They are not going to be world class over night. The last thing we need is to pre meditate targets without even giving the youth a shot.

Hopeless thread.

Blimey, a post where you're not slagging off Kovacic :o

I agree @Tomo.

CB and striker are priority. With not buying anyone in two transfer windows and sales I think it won't be problem to drop 100m for each although I don't see striker worth that money. 

GK and midfield are all set. Yeah maybe second keeper. 

Targets:

CB: Gimenez, Romagnoli, Varane. 

LB: Telles, Chilwell (Alonso out!!! ).

If James doesn't become top RB this season we need to buy there too. 

CF: Dembele, Icardi, Werner, Mbappe. 

Wingers: Chiesa, Zaha, Lozano, Sancho, Bailey. Actually bring two of them. Willian and Pedro out. 

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree @Tomo.

CB and striker are priority. With not buying anyone in two transfer windows and sales I think it won't be problem to drop 100m for each although I don't see striker worth that money. 

GK and midfield are all set. Yeah maybe second keeper. 

Targets:

CB: Gimenez, Romagnoli, Varane. 

LB: Telles, Chilwell (Alonso out!!! ).

If James doesn't become top RB this season we need to buy there too. 

CF: Dembele, Icardi, Werner, Mbappe. 

Wingers: Chiesa, Zaha, Lozano, Sancho, Bailey. Actually bring two of them. Willian and Pedro out. 

For the CB : Varane is way too expensive and he doesnt seem the type of CB that can lead a defense for me. Many guys here love to shit on Ramos, the guy might be a red card magnet in La Liga. but for me in Real CL hat trick, he's the guy that always step up when its matter. I dont think its a coincidence that Real conceded three goal against Juventus with him suspended (The match with Buffon get a controversial red card) and only a last minute penalty save them from going into extra time. Last season same story, With Ramos in the first leg, Real beat Ajax 2-1 comfortably. Second leg without him ? Real conceded 4 and out of the CL. He's good in the air, and pretty fast, but his reading of the game doesnt impress me that much. And add to that Real likely to ask for 100m+. We still need a good striker, in case our 3 current strikers doesnt cut it for the job. Even the LB might be a priority but Leicester might ask for lot of money for Chilwell. I think alternative option for LB could be Ludwig Augustinsson from Bremen.

Timo Werner from the last WC doesnt seem very impressive when facing defensive team (Both Korea and Sweden) . Granted entire German national team last year underperformed, but i still highly skeptical about him since most PL teams wont give him much space to operate freely

30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I just say spend all the money we got and some more to get Mbappe. 

Might cost us 200 million!

But CHO, Mbappe and Pulisic we are set for a while!

Make it happen Roman. :cig:

As I have shown, if we clear the books, we have over half a billion quid to play with, maybe close to £600m

Mbappe will cost £250m at least

that still leaves 250m to 350m to play with

and thats with zero additional spend from Roman

if he tossed in 100m net

its £350m left to spend AFTER Mbappe MINIMUM, and probably more like 400m

that is more than enough to buy a WC LB a WC RB (so we are 2 deep at both fullbacks after selling Azpi) say 

buy Neves to replace Jorginho (much more versatile)

those 3 would cost 150m to 175m

WC CB 70 to 80m

so around 150m left

for 2 WC wingers (so we are two deep again after selling Pedro and Willian)

boom

completely sorted

completely deep

so young too

instant EPL title challenge

we have had YEARS now to bloody plan this shit

get it done!!!

if no Mbappe (TBH he is a pipe dream)

so much more money to spread around

with zero required from Roman

add another WC CB so we have 3 WC CB's (yes, Rudiger is WC when healthy, he is so underrated by some here)

a WB striker not named Mbappe is only 80 to 120m

there is your zero net spend team

i will post a top 5 targets at every position post

hopefully none move the remaining window

bottom line, next season we need to fucking liquidate ALL the dregs and all the shit loan army, especially as the limits are coming

Back up goalkeeper 

Chilwell 

Sancho 

One of Dembele or Piątek for striker (even if Tammy does well both Giroud and Batshuayi will probably be off next summer so we will need another striker.) 

I trust our center backs don’t see a elite realistic upgrade out there in the market on the three we have. 

reckon Caballero Alonso, Willian, Giroud and Batshuayi will all be off next summer. 

Ruben Dias/Rogmanoli for CB

Sancho/Zaha for wing posotion

Timo Werner for striker

Alex Telles for left back... 

James Reece will morph into a world class right back that will eventually make the right back his own... 

Out: Willian Alonso Pedro Batshuayi Bakayoko Drinkwater and Zappacosta... 

top 5 transfer targets for every possible position

not saying (we do not, obviously) need all positions, but I am going to lay them out

also these are targets that could be available, not a top 5 in world list based off pure talent

in no order btw, all are acceptable

Bold are my favourites, bold red are must tries

we can literally buy ALL in red bold for only a net £100m to £150m as long as we just close out the dregs out on loan, add in the cash we already have from a lot and sales already done, and sell Azpi, Alonso, Zouma, Bats, Barkley next summer

Backup GK        Tomas Vaclik (Sevilla)     Benjamin Lecomte  (Monaco)    David Soria (Getafe)      Fernando Pacheco (Alavés)      Koen Casteels (VfL Wolfsburg)

CB      José María Giménez (Atletico Madrid)    Ibrahima Konaté (RB Leipzig)    Milan Skriniar (Inter Milan)    Alessio Romagnoli (AC Milan)     Marquinhos (PSG) 

Kalidou Koulibaly is too old next summer (29) for what Napoli will demand)  

LB         Alex Telles (Porto)       Ben Chillwell (Leicester)     David Alaba (Bayern, and last year to buy, as he is 29 in summer 2021)       

José Gayà (Valencia)       Alejandro Grimaldo (Benfica)  

Alex Sandro is already too old in 2020, as he turns 30 in middle of next season

RB          Lukas Klostermann (RB Leipzig)     Achraf Hakimi (Borussia Dortmund on loan from Real Madrid)      Youcef Atal (OGC Nice)      Timothy Castagne (Atalanta)            Noussair Mazraoui (Ajax)   

Traditional DMF      Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid only £45m release clause)     Declan Rice (West Ham)         Denis Zakaria (Borussia Monchengladbach)      Florentino (Benfica)   Eduardo Camavinga (Stade Rennais)

DH DMF         Rúben Neves (Wolves)       Sandro Tonali (Brescia)         Marcelo Brozovic (Inter Milan)       Igor Zubeldia (Real Sociedad)     

Marc Roca (Espanyol)     

CMF        Saúl Ñíguez (Atletico Madrid)      Houssem Aouar (Lyon)       Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax)       Corentin Tolisso (Bayern)      Maximilian Eggestein (Werder Bremen)

AMF        Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkuse)      Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon)         Nicolò Zaniolo (Roma)      Donny van de Beek (Ajax)       

Isco (Real Madrid, can play winger too)

LW           Ousmane Dembélé (Barelona)       Vinícius Júnior (Real Madrid)        Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad)   Richarlison (Everton)

Rodrygo (Real Madrid)

RW         Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)           Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina)          Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal)     

Leon Bailey  (Bayer Leverkusen)          Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace, winger too)      

SS          Paulo Dybala (Juve)       Ante Rebic (Eintracht Frankfurt)         Talisca (Guangzhou Evergrande,and can play winger and AMF too)           João Pedro (Fluminense with Watford holding his rights)             Memphis Depay (Lyon)

CF      Kylian Mbappe (PSG)  and then realistic (only position I list more than 5 total)     Moussa Dembélé  (Lyon)     Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)           Erling Håland (RB Salzburg)       Lautaro Martínez (Inter Milan)        Krzysztof Piątek (AC Milan)       

At present (and hopefully in 9 months time some of these positions may be solved with some breakout seasons at the club), I'd say the three priority positions are striker, left back and centre back.

Depending on how much we're prepared to outlay, if I could choose one 'fantasy but realistic' target (I don't consider Mbappe realistic as I don't think he would move to us currently) I would love us to get Sancho who so far in the last 12 months has looked like becoming the real deal. If we're really considering moving for Zaha and his price tag is in the £70-80m range, I'd much prefer to go in for Sancho for a few more million.

2 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

For winger my first choice would be Everton Soares. I also like Ismaila Sarr. We can consider him too if he adapts well to the Premier League.

Targets if our goal is to finish top 10. 

Lots of talk of Lamps wanting Ben Chilwell when the transfer bans done, only problem is Leicester rate him at 70-80m. While I think hes a good player, he is certainly not worth that but I suppose getting 10 years service out of him will make it a good investment. The markets crazy though. Striker is a must too.