test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

681 posts in this topic

Not going to get any easier next couple of matches, really. Liverpool then a solid Leiceser side with Vardy who can (and usually does) torch us on the counter.

Hopefully Kante and Rüdiger are back for those.

Johnnyeye likes this

3 minutes ago, Robchels said:

i think it’s the right message to the young players and encouragement, but he likely knows better. Still weird why make a inexperienced lineup even greener with Tammy and mount.. and let me say I do see some pretty impressive things in mount.

But it ultimately wasn't inexperience that lost us the game.

We saw vital mistakes from our veterans in Pedro and Azilicueta, along with Zouma who is an established professional. All three were at fault for our goals through errors you'd expect from inexperience players. 

Lampard has a clear vision on how he wants us to play, and Mount+Tammy are vital in it. Make no mistake, we were in absolute control before Zouma shot us in the foot. Tammy puts that chance away, it would've been a different game. 

Johnnyeye, Hamilton and killer1257 like this

Just now, Vesper said:

only ones I am going to fully slag are Zouma and Azpi

Pedro had a stinker as well, IMHO (not for lack of effort)

AC was decent too

he just had so little help

we were POOR with turnovers as well

Pedro ran his ass off but he is getting older and older, he has been a very good player for us imo. Zouma was Zouma, we ll knew it. AC I like much much better, he can game with Rudi. Azpi gotten slower but he has heart, wouldnt mind a better FB though.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We saw vital mistakes from our veterans in Pedro and Azilicueta, along with Zouma who is an established professional. All three were at fault for our goals through errors you'd expect from inexperience players. 

Lampard has a clear vision on how he wants us to play, and Mount+Tammy are vital in it. Make no mistake, we were in absolute control before Zouma shot us in the foot. Tammy puts that chance away, it would've been a different game. 

The team screams for help, even under Sarii. We could have gotten Piatek but opted for an old washed up Higs, who decided that? Surely the Club have the brains to forsee Higs would be eaten up in epl? Ars were horrible today, but thanks to their strikers they win instead of losing.

Supermonkey92, Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

disagree. The lack of robustness in the team is a classic reflection of inexperience.

Think folks here focus way too much on usual match mistakes that happen all the time. Yes, zouma one was a real bad mistake, but the others were just game circumstances and result from high defense line and in line.

football is a team sport and players get more exposed when having to cover for players who are not pulling their weight. When we pretty much play down a men from the get go with Tammy, that will affect all areas of the pitch,  not only the attack.

4 minutes ago, Robchels said:

disagree. The lack of robustness in the team is a classic reflection of inexperience.

Think folks here focus way too much on usual match mistakes that happen all the time. Yes, zouma one was a real bad mistake, but the others were just game circumstances and result from high defense line and in line.

football is a team sport and players get more exposed when having to cover for players who are not pulling their weight. When we pretty much play down a men from the get go with Tammy, that will affect all areas of the pitch,  not only the attack.

Tammy was at fault for Pedro holding on to the ball too long that led to the counter? I remember seeing Jorginho and Mount in space. 

Tammy was at fault for Zouma making a challenge you'd expect a Sunday league player to make? 

Tammy was at fault for Dave ball watching and losing his runner?

These are individual mistakes we are seeing mate. This is not a collective misfortune, when in fact we were in total control before the initial individual mistake. 

Muzchap and killer1257 like this

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Tammy was at fault for Pedro holding on to the ball too long that led to the counter? I remember seeing Jorginho and Mount in space. 

Tammy was at fault for Zouma making a challenge you'd expect a Sunday league player to make? 

Tammy was at fault for Dave ball watching and losing his runner?

These are individual mistakes we are seeing mate. Has nothing to do with a misfortune as a result from working as a collective, when in fact we were in total control before the initial individual mistake. 

Sorry I think Tammy is an awful awful footballer at this time. He is completely lost. Does not even participate enough of the game.

i truly hope he improves, but he’s unplayable right now. Perhaps can help against the smaller sides, but this was no game for him.

Just now, Robchels said:

Sorry I think Tammy is an awful awful footballer at this time. He is completely lost. Does not even participate enough of the game.

i truly hope he improves, but he’s unplayable right now. Perhaps can help against the smaller sides, but this was no game for him.

I like from what I saw and I am keeping this in mind with what we currently have. Tammy looks essential for Lampard's football. I'd keep him as a starter and let's see how he fairs after a run of games. 

This is by far the worst way of losing. Having all the possession, all the chances, hitting the woodwork and still 0-4 at the end. Feeling really sick right now. But that was one of the 2 scenarios we all predicted. But what I was most disappointed with was not only the lack of quality also from the more experienced players but how naively we left spaces open in midfield. We knew before their technically limited players can only play well when afforded space. Still we committed way too much going forward, no security and stupid turnovers. This will be a long season till we really start gelling. And off to the worst possible start

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I like from what I saw and I am keeping this in mind with what we currently have. Tammy looks essential for Lampard's football. I'd keep him as a starter and let's see how he fairs after a run of games. 

I truly hope that you are right and that I’m wrong. That all he needs is a good run of games to improve, but I’m just calling the way I see it... his movement, turns, work rate, look all off to me.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

The team screams for help, even under Sarii. We could have gotten Piatek but opted for an old washed up Higs, who decided that? Surely the Club have the brains to forsee Higs would be eaten up in epl? Ars were horrible today, but thanks to their strikers they win instead of losing.

it is all on the board

I have been banging that drum since I joined, and have laid it out in painstaking detail

if little me knew the bans were coming (as evidenced by a shedload of my posts well before they officially got handed down)

surely they must have known

yet refused to act

especially in January

simply buying Ake (he is not my preferred CB for our lead but it was simple to do with our buyback clause AND is huge upgrade over Zouma, whose sale to Everton would have basically covered the ENTIRE cost) and Piatek (fuck Higs) and then lock down a deal with Lille for buy and loanback for Pepe for the last 6 months,which they (Lille) would have done for £45m to £55m at that time) AND he was practically begging to come here, look at the interviews, 

That would have SO helped us out this season

all that would have only cost us around a net £60-70m or so (and actually less as we could have then sold Bats for £30m or so, so call it £30-40m or so)

ffs

it isnt rocket fucking science here

so pissed off at the utter lack of future-forward football thinking

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it is all on the board

I have been banging that drum since I joined, and have laid it out in painstaking detail

if little me knew the bans were coming (as evidenced by a shedload of my posts well before they officially got handed down)

surely they must have known

yet refused to act

especially in January

simply buying Ake (he is not my preferred CB for our lead but it was simple to do with our buyback clause AND is huge upgrade over Zouma, whose sale to Everton would have basically covered the ENTIRE cost) and Piatek (fuck Higs) and then lock down a deal with Lille for buy and loanback for Pepe for the last 6 months,which they (Lille) would have done for £45m to £55m at that time) AND he was practically begging to come here, look at the interviews, 

That would have SO helped us out this season

all that would have only cost us around a net £60-70m or so (and actually less as we could have then sold Bats for £30m or so, so call it £30-40m or so)

ffs

it isnt rocket fucking science here

so pissed off at the utter lack of future-forward football thinking

Maybe they naively thought we've got away with it once we would again. Still annoys we're in this sodding mess. 

The board don't seem to act the way they should. Just piss around with deals until they fall through 

@Atomiswave @Vesper How many times are we going to see you two moan about the poor transfers made, board's bad decisions, transfer ban etc? Like Lampard alluded to, it is what it is. Can only work with what we have and no point focusing on what can't be changed.

They were their for the taking in the first half, sitting back and we were sharper. We need to learn from these mistakes and quickly. Some of the football was slick, but we always looked like we’d be vulnerable on the counter. Looking at the players we’re missing and what they’ll add when fit gives me some hope. 

Luiz stop gloating !!!

Muzchap and Johnnyeye like this

the teams we really need to focus on (in terms of point watching) atm are

Wolves

Everton

Leicester

West Ham

Watford (they started off HORRIDLY, but should rebound)

I get the feeling that it is going to be us and those 5 (unless somehow Burnley and/or Bournemouth also pop up)

battling for 6th and 7th place (and thus the last 2 Europe places)

as it stands

we are in bloody 19th place, one goal off the bottom (West ham got slammed 5 nil):rant:

Johnnyeye likes this

About 20 minutes into the game, I was loving it. I loved the control. I loved the intensity. I loved the build up and quick transition. I loved the collective pressing. I loved how threatening we were and how well we worked to get the ball back. All of this on display at Old Trafford, a ground we haven't won at in more than half a decade. 

And yet, the truly sad thing is, I kept thinking to myself, 'I wonder how long we'll keep this up?'. It's been two years since we saw this level of intensity/control and kept it up for the entire 90. Will it be a worldie of a goal we concede? Will it be an individual error? Then after I saw that misplaced pass from Zouma, that's when I knew. We started seeing more individual errors after that, and when Pedro, (in Pedro fashion), kept a hold of the ball for too long and lost it in a dangerous area, our momentum died. 

It pisses me off how I can't enjoy a game anymore where I can safely think our players will give it their best the entire 90. The amount of individual errors we see is staggering for a top 6 side. 

Atomiswave and Fulham Broadway like this