test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

681 posts in this topic
Just now, Vesper said:

Subs on please.

Puli for sure. And, if he is fit, Kante, and probably (do not know if he gambles as we have no other CB) Tomori.

If Puli come, he will come for Barkley. Mount pressing has been fantastic. 

Our backline looks a bit suspect otherwise this is one way traffic. We just need to stay calm and if this is how United defen we will create chances

We're losing... But I'm pretty happy with that. Away against united clearly the best team without our best player. Great tactics by Frank. But zouma needs to be better there

Starman60 and Thor like this

Just now, communicate said:

Our backline looks a bit suspect otherwise this is one way traffic. We just need to stay calm and if this is how United defen we will create chances

Pulisic for Pedro I meant.

Starman60 likes this

For all the sub Pedro off, the thing is we need to play with 2 actual wingers. Its not working with 2 10s. Honestly Jorginho just there was shouting at Mount or Barkley because whoever it was were standing central where everythings congested and not in the channel where the space is to create a 2 on 1 with Emerson. Its difficult to say who to take off out of Ross and Mason, obviously we have had chances but lack real pace and directness in the final third. Weve had chances but a mistake in our box has fucked us. Some sloppy periods of play too so we need to see what will happen 2nd half but we can get a goal still.

2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Have to disagree Barkley for me is the stand out player

He keeps giving the ball away. 

Doesn't work hard enough either. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

On another note, I have never seen our pressing this good. Jeez it is great to watch. 

If we can keep it up it will do us wonders overall.

Just now, Vesper said:

Pulisic for Pedro I meant.

Why? Pedro played very well. We just need to stay calm. We are creating chances

Zouma 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Yeah he does. But I see alot of passion in his play, his movement has been good too, least hes trying to play these passes only needs one to go through. But I also see your points aswell 

Johnnyeye likes this

I honestly wouldn't better an eyelid if we never saw Pedro start in a Chelsea shirt again. He's sub material at best.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

For all the sub Pedro off, the thing is we need to play with 2 actual wingers. Its not working with 2 10s. Honestly Jorginho just there was shouting at Mount or Barkley because whoever it was were standing central where everythings congested and not in the channel where the space is to create a 2 on 1 with Emerson. Its difficult to say who to take off out of Ross and Mason, obviously we have had chances but lack real pace and directness in the final third. Weve had chances but a mistake in our box has fucked us. Some sloppy periods of play too so we need to see what will happen 2nd half but we can get a goal still.

100% Barkley, Mount pressing is just brilliant 

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

But hes also had 2 very good chances and is getting into good positions. Its a tough call him or Mount but its clear 2 10s arent working.

@communicate Mounts pressings been good but in final third hes been indecisive. Id rather someone who is going to threaten more because we are 1-0 down. Its hard though. Lamps may not change it but theres no doubt Pulisic has to be introduced sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, communicate said:

Then he'll make another mistake. Mount has been toothless on the ball. Barkley has been strong, found good passes and made a dangerous chance 

At the age of eight I taught myself to use my left foot simply by deciding not to use my right foot in playground football. It took me about a week, and for the rest of my life I could do everything but dribble equally well with both feet. I will never understand why any professional footballer should be as horribly one footed as Emerson is. This causes us to loose momentum in a lot of possessions because he plays backwards with his left foot and just ignores his right.

Other than that, Kurt being Kurt, and the sloppiness in our own third continuing from preseason, we're doing OK.

Johnnyeye likes this

typical, mancs get the usual penalty at Old Toilet and we can't convert our chances, soooo unlucky not to be ahead 2-1 or at least 1-1 at HT, the lads are doing ok, we are playing well despite some mistakes in possession, we need to stop stupidly giving the ball away in dangerous areas, Barkley is too careless, Zouma needs to be very careful. Lets hope for a much better 2nd half, cheers.

Bosnian Blue likes this